Increase bud density

Ok so I’ve done two indoor grows, in my third now. Buds are decent, good high but always a bit light and airy, not solid nugs with little give if squeezed a bit, so not like bud were all used to when we bought. Using GH nutes, following drain to waste schedule, Using 2 HLG XL QB288 v2 rspec, lights about 20-24 inches above canopy. Use a 19/5 light cycle in veg, 12/12 flowering…Strains grown,White widow, Gelato, Bubble Gum,
Lemon Haze. Suggestions?

Heat can be a huge factor when it comes to airy nugs, high temperatures will cause your nugs to go airy.

I’ve always found Sativa’s to never be as dense as Indica dominant strains.

You could also try adding a product like ‘Sensi Pro Rhino K’ to your nutrient schedule to help solid then up & try avoid any extremely high PK boosters towards the end, I’ve found them to make the the nugs not as dense.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

That’s possibly a little high above canopy my 260 xl is 15 from highest bud and 18 in from canopy my suggestion would be on the root side of things try giving them mykos and humic acid to increase root size and efficiency to feed those buds more along with silica boosters to increase heat resistance

4 Likes

Could also be genetics. Sativa genetics tend to have more loose formed buds.

7 Likes

I’m currently in veg on this run so that why current at 24. Have a auto controller fan so temp never gets above 78‐80. Saw some light colored leaves on top recently, some curling and rust spots, so thought was heat from lights to close, suppose could also be nute burn but tds always in range, solutuon ph about 6.48- 6.56, and usually use nute, water, or nute nute water schedule. I have hard water, but runs through an RO water system, and is 0020 tds before adding nutes

1 Like

Using all ILGM seeds

2 Likes

How about some pictures?

2 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Been averaging 6-7 oz trimmed bud per plant, but the buds are kinda airy like I mentioned earlier. I had planned to trim and flip these to flower cycle next week but need to resolve this discoloration issue I’m seeing first, and then have a plan to dense things up before the flip so I get dense buds this time around…please help ! Thanks all !

These are the top exterior leaves doing this so this is the oldest growth experiencing this I’m guessing…, the new growth inside and under these top leaves is way better but once the inner growth now become the outer top canopy these symptoms will reappear…so need to find root cause to prevent.

Over the past two years ive been comparing summer and winter grows. Summer grows have airy buds and less trics. Winter grows always give me the top shelf bud. Hard buds covered with frost. From now on, june thru sept will be veg time only for large cold weather grows.

1 Like

Your plants need cal mag and N. @Covertgrower @dbrn32

What’s the footprint (tent size) and what are lights set at? (power level)

What is the input TDS and the output TDS and PH?

What medium?

4 Likes

4 x 4 , running at full power in veg, i am setting up another tent so I will have 1 for flower 1 for veg.

Interesting info

1 Like