Inconsistent Bud Maturity

Hi. I’m growing WW indoors under LED grow lights. Plants have done great. Lots of buds, but they are inconsistently mature. Buds closest to the light have 50% brown pistils, but buds at the perimeter and lower on the plant still have all white pistils. How do I harvest in this situation? Thanks!

Do you have pics of the buds and whole plant?

One can harvest the top finished branches, and allow the unfinished lower ones to mature more.

2 Likes

Better lights, defoliation, and training to keep the canopy roughly an even height helps. If your bottom buds still mature more slowly, you can always do what @Drinkslinger said and harvest in stages.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I experience the same and do staged harvests like @Drinkslinger suggests , usually 2 about a week apart.

2 Likes

Here are some pics.

3 Likes

You could definitely do a little defoliation next time. Might still be able to do some, but I’d get them opinion of someone with more knowledge than myself before you go stripping a bunch of leaves this far into flower.

@Arrow is he too far into flower for a good defoliation?

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag Mudman…welcome to the forum @Cake_Please…you have been covered by Drinkslinger and FlxerPower…do a two stage harvest. Personal opinion would be to leave plant as is and not remove the extra foliage…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Can’t thank you folks enough for the feedback. I really don’t want to screw this up. My best to all.

1 Like