Inch By Inch... Grow By Grow. (ILGM White Widow Fem)

It’s just my opinion but I like the tips burned just a bit. Means they are being pushed to their limit.

2 Likes

Hmmm I blew them up and it’s just slightly off to b nute burn.

I see u tagged donaldj. He’ll know at first glance.

I wouldn’t sweat the tips at this point. Get them a solid ph’d watering or two and monitor them.

4 Likes

I fimmed 5 plants that were about 5" tall a couple of weeks ago. No sweat.

Thanks @Myfriendis410! I may give it a go this evening. I’m a bit nervous, but the plant looks healthy, and ready for this… as long as I don’t mess it up too badly.

1 Like

Well, today my plants are officially legal, so in recognition of their new status (and since I only have four), I decided to replace their numbers with names today. I’ll be bring Mary Jane Eyre and Mary Jane Brody to flower first, and stalling Mary Jane Magdalene and Mary Jane Goodall in veg, since we’re only allowed to have two in flower, and as long as I can, I’m going to try to live within the new limits. If the powers that be, can make an effort to do the right thing, so can I.

I went ahead and fimmed MJ Eyre. I hope I didn’t eff it up!! I feel like I may have taken too much. Maybe I should just top her??

Before

After

Close-up

Any thoughts??

5 Likes

Looks pretty to me. Even though I’m still new to the grow. Prettyyy.

1 Like

Congratulations on going legal! I love the names, and they all look very good and healthy.

1 Like

@anon95385719, @Myfriendis410, @merlin44, @Covertgrower, @Donaldj: What do you think of my FIM? Should I go ahead and top her? Did I take too much, or is she okay the way she is, do you think?

And @Donaldj, do you have any opinion on my questionable nute-burn, further above? Do you think that the FFOF soil is just a bit too hot for them? (I haven’t fed them any nutes.) If so, is there anything I can do for this? Thanks!

1 Like

Time will tell on the FIM, but it looks good.
The nute burn there’s not much you can do for it. @WonkaMan

Okay. Thanks @Covertgrower.

1 Like

As @Covertgrower says, your FIM look good, perhaps cutting just a tiny bit more but it difficult to say until it grows out. I believe that you will be happy with the results @WonkaMan. Good job!

2 Likes

Thanks @merlin44. This study is nerve-wracking, the first go-around. I know they are weeds and are forgiving, but we try to manipulate them so much, and I want to doit right. I’m not going to get the massive product that you did with your first five, but I’m growing in 3-gallon pots not ten… I’d still like to maximize my results as much as I can. Thanks for checking in.

2 Likes

Love the names.

I have to admit I did not go back and read the whole thread.

What is your air intake and air exhaust system? What is your current average humidity and temps with lights on and off?

I think it looks great. Now u can just wait to see how many tops u get from it.

Great names!

Thanks @Bogleg. Just yesterday I hooked up my Vivosun Air Filtration Kit. It sucks out 203 CFM (out of my 40 CF tent!) from near the roof. I have it on a timer set to run for 15 minutes ever three hours. I have a screen duct-taped over a 5-inch-long, 4"-diameter card-board tube and stuck in one of my lower, intake vents.

It is exhausting into the basement, where the grow tent is located. Usually, this basement storage area is cool, around 70*, but we’re in the midst of a heatwave right now, so it’s between 75-77 outside the tent and 50%RH. Inside the tent it’s warmer and more humid than I’d like this week, at 82* and 72% RH (I just watered yesterday, which boosted the RH.) The nights will start to cool down tonight, but the days won’t cool down until the end of the week.

Normally, my tent is around 77-80* in the daytime with 61-66% RH. In the evenings, the RH stays about the same, but the temps usually drop to about 70*.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon95385719! I’m hoping… just a little bit nervous as you can tell. First FIM jitters. 'Hope it worked!

Glad you like the names. :smiley:

1 Like

@raustin: Sorry to bother you yet again. But I seem to recall that you had a problem with gnats a while back. I’ve noticed some small bugs in my tent, but smaller than what I think of as gnats. These are what I usually call no-see-ums… Latin. There aren’t tons and I don’t see any leaf or stem damage (yet). But am I in for trouble here? Suggestions? (Sorry for the pictures, they are camera shy.)

On a happier note, I think, here is a photo of my FIM attempt two days ago. I think that she is healing in a good way.

2 Likes

I’ve never had to deal with gnats. I think you have me confused with @anon95385719, who will undoubtedly chime in.

However, those do look like some kind of gnat. I know a lot of people use neem oil, or DE, but honestly im not sure, so let’s wait for someone else to diagnose this.

2 Likes