Inch By Inch... Grow By Grow. (ILGM White Widow Fem)

I go in the peat plug, and put that in a 1L pot. Then transplant once into a 3 gallon. I’d do 5 gallon, but I don’t have the space.

1 Like

I’d really listen to @dbrn32 on the lighting advice. In fact, you should take a look at the diy lighting thread before saying you can’t do it.
It’s here Let's talk DIY lights
Ask @Momtomask …piece of cake, and she’s got some badass lights now! And therefore badass grows!

Also, happy anniversary, dbrn32!

2 Likes

I did look at that DIY thread, and I’d certainly never discount @dbrn32. For $25 bucks though, I went ahead and had GrowersLights put the board together for me, and it’s now shining brightly over my four plants… while they’re small, and the pots are close together. The QB 135 only covers half the tent for flowering, so I’ll use that other light for the other half. It’s not optimal, but after this grow, I should be able to get another QB.

6 Likes

And yes! Happy anniversary @dbrn32!

1 Like

Just read thru your thread. Thanks for the tag.

R u checking the ph of your water before or after u add your nutes? My tap is 8 but after nutes is 6.7. Also I would not personally ph your water unless u r seeing an issue. The ph adjuster can b bad. People live by the .1 in ph but every plant is different. I had a NYC Diesel recently that would throw a fit if I got her below 7.2.

My biggest piece of advice is to enjoy growing. Checking ph is not something U have to do constantly. Just watch your plants and see what they need. If u see an issue arising then pull the meters out and see if u can fix it. Usually it’s not that hard to fix

Also u are using fox farms which is a decent line and I believe is ph adjusted but @raustin would know better that’s her line of soil and nutes. But if they are, then u even worry about it less.

I am going to have a bunch of people disagree with me and that’s ok. Take what everyone tells u and use what works best for u and your situation.

Happy growing it can b lots of fun!

4 Likes

Yeah, everyone will disagree with @anon95385719. Lol. Sorry, hon.

Ph is maybe the most important thing you can keep track of. It’s much easier to avoid a Ph problem than to fix it later. Most plant problems stem from bad Ph, so please always Ph you water and nutes.

I do use Foxfarm soil and nutes and I use a lot of Ph Up with my 7.0 ph water.

5 Likes

See lol. Told ya

But I don’t. I know my tap and nutes and what it ph’es at.

And we agree on most things.

Like I said whatever works for u

3 Likes

Thanks @anon95385719; for reading and for posting your thoughts. Since I’m so early in my grow, I haven’t started adding any nutes yet, so my PH levels are without nutes. I haven’t ph-downed yet either, though it’s been ordered. I think that my foliage is a little on the light side, in terms of color. It’s not the deep green that I was hoping for, and the ph seemed to be the obvious thing that was “off”. But what the hell do I know? About this, not much at all. I will certainly, and gladly take your words of caution about adjusting ph levels into consideration… along with others’.

1 Like

@raustin… You use ph-UP with 7.0 water? Now I’m really getting confused.

If your plants don’t like your ph u have to. Ph can cause a lot of issues with plants.

Be careful the ph adjusters take a minute amount to move the numbers. U can easily go from 8 to 4 with a dash.

2 Likes

You’re using a QB, aren’t you? View your plants under natural light and you’ll see how green they really are.

1 Like

And the color green they are is 99% genetic unless u see color “problems” like all yellow or brown leaves or purple stems.

The nutes will lower it. A LOT

Yep. I’ve viewed them under the QB, and I’ve viewed them outside… as I’ve been making a half-hearted attempt to harden them off so I can take advantage of natural light when I’m around. They do look a bit lighter green than I was hoping.

2 Likes

Oh, that was confusing, sorry. What happens is when I start out with 7.0 ph tap water, after I add all my Foxfarm nutes i’m down to about 5.5, so yes, I have to add a lot of Ph up.

1 Like

Look at the color of this one.

like neon green. But super healthy.

2 Likes

It may be nothing, just the color of the strain.

2 Likes

I hear ya @anon95385719, about the color being genetic. But other WW plants I’ve seen have been deep green. And I will be careful about not adding too much ph-down. I wish I could just add nutes, but if I do that now, I think I’ll just burn the poor little things to shreds.

… Okay @Justgrowin…That last photo that you posted has me reconsidering my color! Thanks!!

1 Like

Thanks @WonkaMan @elheffe702.

I’ve never used softened water, but I assume there would be potential for build up among other issues.

Ro systems can be fairly inexpensive, as long as you don’t need a lot of ro water. I never really paid much attention to water amounts needed, but the cheaper ones are usually pretty slow. It’s pretty common to see an inexpensive ro system with a storage tank for grow rooms, that’s how most get around buying a fancy ro system.

4 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 . I’ll start looking around, specifically for grow-room RO systems to see if I can find something that would be appropriate, and not something I need to install in my kitchen.

3 Likes