Inch By Inch... Grow By Grow. (ILGM White Widow Fem)

Well, she wasn’t ready, but then she was.

The clear disappeared and she was all milky. I don’t really want much amber. So in the dark she went, with a little bit of ice, and will come out for harvest on Sunday.

Magda, the other plant has another couple of weeks.

And inspired by @merlin44’s similar post during his first grow, here are some shots of the grow as they progressed, week by week.

And then they went into 12/12…

8 Likes

@WonkaMan thats a cool collage! I can tell you that your going to love the WW. I smoked a spliff last night with my girl and we couldnt even finish it lol`

Wonderful job on your grow. It is turning out perfectly.
Looking forward to reading your yield and smoke reports.

Beautiful buds!

Congratulation, mate! You had an amazing grow :clap: :clap: :clap:
Did you reach your harvest goals?

Thanks @hangthebanksters, @Elwood, and @merlin44. The proof, of course, will be in the smoke. But I’m hopeful. I’ll harvest tomorrow. She still has another day of dark. If this week wasn’t going to be so busy at work, I might have kept an eye on her a bit longer, but this isn’t a week when I can harvest mid-week. And I didn’t want to go all amber, so I might have erred a little on the early side, but if so, I’m comfortable with it. Three plants still to go, though this is by far the most bountiful one. I’ll be sure to post weights when I can.

4 Likes

It looks to me like you hit it perfectly @WonkaMan, great job being patient and waiting for them to develop properly.

1 Like

Now, back to waiting for Mother Nature to do her thing, as these dry out a bit, and get ready for jars.

The wet weight, before I trimmed them, was 682 grams. So if I go with the 80% rule, this should still leave me with about 136.5 grams when they’ve dried out, so somewhere between 4 and 5 ounces. I’m very please with this. The whole scrog and topping business seems to have worked very well, as there were several small colas and bud sites. I didn’t have any monster colas, but it looks like there should be plenty of good smoke here. And there are still three plants to go; all smaller than this one… and I haven’t really put her to the test yet, but right now, I’m quite pleased with the whole endeavor… though my neck and wrists are sore from trimming. :star_struck:

Thanks to everyone on this forum for getting me here!!!

4 Likes

My trim bin help with the ergonomics of trimming. I cant imagine not having mine…

1 Like

Looking great @WonkaMan!

Thanks @MattyBear! 'Feels good to be on this end… and to have a few more in the pipeline.

And thanks for the reminder, @hangthebanksters. I’ve seen those before, but having never been through this before, didn’t feel the need. I think I feel it now. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Day 118
59 Days in Flower for Magda (on the left)
29 Days in Flower for Brody (on the right)

It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update, so here is a picture of my “big tent”. I don’t bother with pictures of the 2’ x 2’ tent with the blurple. So there’s one plant (MJ Goodall) who will forever complain about being left out of all the photos.

Magda is getting close. One more week, I think. Most of her trichs are cloudy now, but I’m doing my best to be patient with her. I drilled a couple of holes in her this past week, and she’s already being flushed.

She’s starting to get nice and frosty, too… :yum:

And as for the graduate, Jane Eyre, she’s now in her forever home, with Boveda packs and hygrometers. Her dry weight ended up at 122 grams (4.3 oz.). Magda will be smaller, but I have no complaints at all.

8 Likes

DUDE your jars are like professionally labelled! Thats sooo dope! How do you print those out?

1 Like

Beautiful job :drooling_face:image

1 Like

That’s top shelf job! Good on ya, mate!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thanks @hangthebanksters, @MattyBear, and @Elwood. It’s funny, Mattybear. I almost used that very same image on my jar labels… or the toking leaf one, but then decided to go with just a plain, mellow leaf. The wonders of modern office supplies :grin:. …'Had to pop over to the printer quickly, though, before the office asst. saw what I was printing at work. (Funnily enough, neither my boss, nor any of my colleagues would mind, but the office assistant would not be too cool with it, I think.)

2 Likes

Always someone there to ruin everyone else’s fun! Lol

Good grow and nice harvest now the test of patience begins with the cure :sob::fearful::money_mouth_face::laughing::+1: 2 month and your legs will shake or your knees are going to be rubber and wobbly good luck walking a straight line after you stand up.:+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I’ve already been dipping in. No way am I waiting til it’s all cured. But most of it will be cured before smoked. The other plants have better luck, since this one is dried first. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hahahaha. Congrats on the harvest Wonk. Thats a sweet haul. I hope u enjoy every puff as much as we enjoy watching u grow them. Now next lady up!

1 Like

Thanks @PurpNGold74! I’m sure I enjoy it more. But I sure am glad to have you all along for the grow. It’s made this a much more enjoyable (and fruitful!!) endeavor.

2 Likes