Inch By Inch... Grow By Grow. (ILGM White Widow Fem)

Great catch @MattyBear, too easy to get lackadaisical late in flower. Could have a dramatic effect on yields. I know from personal experience.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, @MattyBear. I didn’t think of that at all. The wisdom of you experienced growers is priceless for us newbies!

4 Likes

Your Ph instincts are perfect, yes, water or feed at 6.8 to get the ph up over 6.3.

2 Likes

Have i told u good folks that I LOVE THIS SITE today? :joy::rofl::joy: carry on

3 Likes

I think it’s more likely the echos (shadows?) of something that I read you wrote once, rather than my “instincts”… which are far from perfect. But thanks for the props, @raustin! I’ll get right on that, at the next feeding.

2 Likes

Hey, @merlin44, good to see you! How’s everything?

1 Like

Doing fine, @elheffe702, thanks for asking. How are you doing?
I am 31 days into my second grow from seed…check out my new journal
Merlin's Grow Log

1 Like

Oh man, don’t ask! Lol

The garden is doing well, at least :+1:

2 Likes

What do you folks think? Are my plants in the veg tent sneakily beginning to flower on me (with 14 hours of light)?

And on another environmental topic: Today I fed my budding plants, with water pH’ed to 6.8 to try to raise my low pH issues. The runoff was even lower than last time however, at 6.0. Yikes. But the puzzling thing, to me was the TDS. Going in, my nutes were at 890, and my runoff was 1652. It’s like I’m flushing (though there wasn’t a lot of runoff). Shouldn’t the PPM going out be lower than going in? Aren’t the plants supposed to be taking up some of those nutes, or is my understanding of this overly simplistic?

@raustin, @merlin44, @MattyBear, @Covertgrower, @anon95385719 ??

3 Likes

Yup. The ladies said… ‘ima grown ass woman n will be treatd as such’ :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5: Congrats

1 Like

Hello I am new here, I was looking at your grow. I don’t know if you found this problem out, I think it is lace bugs, it’s called stippling. I see you applied DE, so that is a good treatment.

1 Like

Thanks @Drgrnthumb. They seem to be in check now. Not that I’m free of other environmental issues, but at least they aren’t flying or creeping around the tent!

Thanks @PurpNGold74. The “like” is for your reply, but not for my plants being in flower.

That 27"-square tent has NO room for any stretch. They are cramped in there as is, and the light isn’t really reaching the bottom of the plants. I was hoping to wait until later when the others in the bigger tent were done, and I could move these into the “flower tent” where they’ll have more room and can absorb the light from the two quantum boards in there. I have a paltry amount of light in here, just keeping them going. Hmm…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They are indeed starting to flower. Take the appropriate actions at this time.

Not surprised that they are flowering with 14 hours of light.

1 Like

Yes, and yes. First, they are most definitely flowering, so you’ll want to start adding Bloom nutes and put the light on 12/12 unless they’re autos.

Second, the reason the PPM is higher coming out is because the plants are not eating the nutes you’re putting in, and that’s because your Ph is off. Get your Ph up to 6.3 minimum and they’ll start eating again. A flush is a good idea at this point.

5 Likes

Thanks @merlin44 and @raustin for the helpful replies. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised either, @merlin44. I was trying to limit their growth, and cut it too close, I guess. I’ll switch that tent over to 12/12, though it’s going to be a bit of a sh*t show with two plants in that tiny tent! :grimacing: (There are worse problems to have, I realize.) And I’ll get them some blooming nutes tomorrow morning, when they are due for water!

@raustin: That’s a helpful suggestion. I just fed the budding plants today. Would it be a mistake to flush them tomorrow, or should I wait until their next scheduled watering, which would be Sunday, and flush them then? And how much water would you advise using for a 5-gallon pot with FF Sledgehammer?

No, you can flush them tomorrow, they won’t mind. When using Sledgehammer you don’t need as much water, so just do a gallon at a time and keep taking PPM readings. Once you have the numbers where you want then, stop flushing. In other words, flush a gallon, read PPM until you get it down to around 250, which will probably be between 3 and 4 gallons. Then give a feeding with some Bloom nutes.

2 Likes

Perfect! This is exactly the information I was hoping for. Thanks so much for this reply!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

And how rude of me! I forgot to say welcome, @Drgrnthumb! Indeed, you are. 'Glad to have you aboard. Do you currently have a grow journal going or are you here for some pleasure reading? Either way, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thanks! I have not done a journal. I do RDWC sea of green, so always going. I enjoy reading and I am pleased with the pleasantness and helpfulness of the people here. “learning is living”.

4 Likes