In what order do I mix these nutrients?

Hey guys I’ve been growing for about over a year now maybe a bit longer but took a break for a bit, now I started growing again. I have a RDWC Hydroponic system, but forgot which order I should mix the Nutrients. I’m also using other supplements this time as well. I’ll be using Silica Blast, Cal-Mag, Hydroguard, General hydroponics flora series, and Bud Candy. Thanks a lot for your help with this. I’ll be growing Northern Lights Autoimage

:pray:

2 Likes

Cal- mag

Flora trio I was weird and did it like this

• Veg
    - gro - micro - bloom

• Flower
    - bloom - micro -gro

Bud candy (use during 3-7 week of flower)

Mix silica in own water until it’s dissolved thoroughly and add to reservoir( armor si always got chunky on me if not)

Hydro guard

Ph

2 Likes

This is from GH website

1 Like

I have always mixed,
Armor Si
Calmag
Nutrients
Hydroguard
Then PH
No issues yet.
Good luck!:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

When i did gh trio i was always told this order and it worked great if mixed any other way it seemed to look like semen swimming in the water lol. Gross.
Armor si
Calmag
Bio root
Micro
Grow
Bloom
Then any other additives in any order is fine but armor si then cal mag then bio root if u use or it gunked up. @Not2SureYet might have a good gh chart he can put up for u to follow he is a good grower

2 Likes

@Mark0427 @HappyHydroGrower explains why my silica look like sperm floating unless I mixed seperate.

Cal/mag always got me with reading on bottle saying it needed to be mixed first for ro/distilled water so I just mixed silica separately

2 Likes

@PharmerBob incase anybody ever ask, I use Jacks and thought it might be a good idea to give a little flower boost so I added some liquid cool bloom, it does not mix with Jacks. It curdled and was floating around in my system.
So that was a water change wasted. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Live learn, die and forget it all!
:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

I use jacks and liquid kool bloom also. I mix first in these orders for no issues
Part a
Epsom
Armor si
Cal ag
Bioroot
Liquid kool bloom
Tribus
Floraliscious plus
Then par b

After part a and epsom which can be added together let disolve then armor si then calmag. Anything else dont have a specific order to follow as long as armor si and calmage go in first after part a and epson i let all sit a few mins between each add in. If anything is added afyer part b it gets funky or if armor si is added after it gets funky. Armor si must bond to things real quick in a bad way. Never any issues if i do this order. Good luck.

2 Likes

Order is listed. image

1 Like

If you want to do a quick test. Take just 5 or 6 drops of the cal mag and the silica and mi them together. You will see why you need to mi one good before the other. I remember when @Myfriendis410 mixed them together :laughing: And this is just my O2. Try not to feed any thing over 700ppm since you are doing an auto till you are familiar with things. You can feed more. But you will probably notice the plants really slows down growth wise. It will still look healthy. But the slow down for me is easily noticeable. I pretty much run 1/2 strength through my auto grows. I have lots of grow sheets that show where i am at. For ever. Here is a page from one of my grows. .

2 Likes

I like how it like cal mag as optional

Calmag is isn’t necessary with well water in many areas. I filter my well water because it’s crazy high in iron, calmag used with most nutrient lines is to replace what is removed from the water. I do use calmag. But if I wasn’t filtering my water I wouldn’t with my nute line. So yes, calmag is optional, based off the water you begin with. My calmag has iron in it, but guranteed it’s less than my well water had originally.
This is also explained on the main site. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My well water is high in nitrogen from farm runoff! If I don’t use ro system I tend to get bound up from it and then I hulk out

1 Like

Mine probably is too. I just know what it does to equipment. In low farm lands, except what we own. We own a 1x20 acre plot. 19 acres of woods straight back. Then a small hayfield before the highway, makes a great shooting range. We are gonna upgrade to whole house filtration, currently use a zero filter that was in a box won at auction for a buck or two. Those things really work. Take my 350 ppm well water and drop it to 0. With no waste.

2 Likes

@Budz I wanted to throw a comment in on the mixing order to help with the confusion this subject has. I have an email from General Hydroponics listing the correct mixing order for the products, the nutrients listed on their feed charts is not in any particular order to mix by.
Per the email the correct mixing order is-

Armor Si
Base IE Floranova grow/bloom
CaliMagic
and then any boosters IE floralicious grow/bloom. Following that any other items can be added in any particular order unless stated otherwise on the label. I also add liquid koolbloom and UC roots in that order. I mix all of them separately in water and then pour them in the full rez. one by one.

1 Like