In trouble with too tall plants

The biggest ones in the back were going to go outside. Then was going to do a clone run.
Unfortunately, my buddy that has property where they were headed is going to be locked up in the clink for the outdoor season.
Strains are fire og, and og kush from ILGM.
How screwed am I? Only have maybe like 6 inches to work with.
They have not been flipped.
What would you all do? Thank you kindly.
Pictures below.

5 Likes

Your going to need to bend them girls over down low if they haven’t stretched yet. Wow! Great start! :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Happy cake day @kdawg

2 Likes

Yep just bend em down and if they arent flipped yet, might wanna get on that too

4 Likes

Would you screen them?

2 Likes

Thanks! What a long strange trip its been!:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

You can bend them over and add a net on top. As they stretch in flower weave the extra growth around through the net . You’d probable get a real good screen of green in the whole tent.:+1:

3 Likes

You haven’t put them into flower yet. You can still do a huge amount of training.

I don’t use screens, but I’ll often train into that same shape. I’d do the same thing in your position. Start pulling limbs downward with foam ties, and flatten the plants out. Prune as needed to get to one cola every set increment (4”? 6”?). You can get a lot of mileage out of foam ties anchored to your pots.

In a few weeks, once you’re satisfied, flip to flower and watch them fill out.

4 Likes

You can get the light higher by replacing the long light hanger wires with rope ratchet hangers going directly to the light hanging points, should get you another foot or so.

Net - use one, spread out and bend the tall branches under the net so they are growing horizontally under the net.

7 Likes

Yeah thats a great point… in addition to that, many folks have gained even more space by moving the filter out of the tent and blowing into it rather than sucking through it

3 Likes

Take the bolt deals they have for u to connect the hanger wires to off so u have the holes in the plate again. Take 2x4s uve the top of the tent poles inside tent still might be a lil snug but should work. Then place the 2x4s where the holes on the heat sink are and screw the light to the 2x4s. Itll get u all the way to the top of the tent but ull have to do some mods and move the fan and filter outside the tent. Rest the fan ontop the tent if need be on a piece of wood going across the 2x4s run tubes thru the ports. I just made a quick 2 day room and called it good. I d idnt plan on giving up growing anyways lol

2 Likes

I think if I calculated correctly, keeping a 15 inch for the hlg from the ceiling and 18 from the flower I have maybe another 3 inches to the top of the plant. If I bend them over and use a net maybe can get another 6 inches.

1 Like

The light would clear the fan as it is about 14 inches. Still worth putting it outside the tent?

Well if it works the way it is, dont fix it!

1 Like

Have looked at some of those set ups where the fan is outside the tent. Have never run one like that yet. Can definitely see where it would be nice. Does it still keep the smell down? I’d do it with the other tent. Thank you.

On the canopy. If this where it should be? Granted it’s a smaller one.

@Hellraiser Raised the light. Ended up like this. Have netting but can’t get it done until tomorrow. Much appreciate.

2 Likes

This is what I did. Not sure if it’s right or not.
!

2 Likes

Looks good, now start flowering them before they get any taller, and as the branches grow thru the flowering stretch just keep tucking them under the net and let them take up that stretch horizontally under the net.

1 Like

Flipped to flower. Will keep tucking them under the net. Do I plan on needing a second net?Have a few and been reading a lot on it. Going to have to get that big syringe thing you posted a bit back. Probably going to be easier to drain runoff. Appreciate all your help. Thank you kindly.