In Search Of....Tutankhamun!

@dbrn32

That sounds like a great idea! Don’t mind if I do.

1 Like

Nicely done my friend :+1:
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks for the sharing your journey down the Nile :heart: Please tag me on your next journey. I’m inspired and stoked by your success :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

3 Likes

Congrats it’s a beautiful thing

3 Likes

@SilentHippie thanks for sharing everything. It was great grow I really enjoyed following along. Seems like just yesterday they were seedlings. Trimming isn’t my favorite either, and I don’t have help. It’s very much a reminder what I have to do in the end. I’ll follow along for the next grow whenever you get it started. Are there any strains you’re considering already?

5 Likes

Great grow @SilentHippie. Thanks for the trip down the Nile. As with mos journeys in life, there are ups and downs, learning, a little help from your friends, and most of all your hard work is what nets you the rewards! Those are some amazing looking rewards I might add. Hey, I hate trimming too, it was way harder than it looked!! :green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

@Covertgrower
I bought the Platinum Mix pack and I’m thinking about super silver haze and purple haze but I’m gonna wait a little bit before starting. Still have time to think about it. The gold leaf is calling my name also.

2 Likes

I have an abundance of seeds but I really want to order some of the Maui Wowie.

4 Likes

@SilentHippie @GetbackJoJo I’m considering the SSH and MW. Since super lemon haze is offspring of SSH, I’m considering that as well.

2 Likes

I’m kinda with you on this… it was fun the first hour then it was more like work… valuable work with a worthy result just not my favorite part of the process :v:

Nice booty you hauled!! :ok_hand: Onward and upward from here :sunglasses:

5 Likes

It’s amazing @SilentHippie, you have made it and with great success, I am glad to have participate as little as it was to your success and I am proud of you :grinning:

Great job buddy, WooHoo :tada::grinning::wink::+1::ok_hand:

And Ô, tag me if you wish and need my help, it will be a pleasure to assist you a little bit ounce more in your futur growth (be conscient that I pass most of my time in the Bergman’s lab forum now :wink::grinning:)

Your fellow grower…

~Al :v: :innocent:

5 Likes

Thanks for the great journey you did a great job! I’m hoping to see results that you have made. :+1: impressive to say the least @SilentHippie

4 Likes

What a journey @SilentHippie glad I was along for the ride and to see your successful results. Woo Hoo! Now sit back and enjoy!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! Enjoy!!

1 Like

Thank you all for the compliments and support! You guys deserve all the credit. All I did was ask questions and follow directions. :heart:

6 Likes

Directions and tips are only good if they are followed, @SilentHippie, :wink: and you did the hard work , lol :wink: :+1::ok_hand:

6 Likes

I just wanted to post one final entry to close this journal.

Buds have cured for 2 weeks and both strains are coming into their own.

The Tutankhamon is a straight out beast. I believe this is the strongest, longest lasting weed I’ve ever smoked. It still makes me cough like a first timer but it is smoothing out as it continues to cure.
I made butter with some of the trimmings and made rice crispy treats. The wifey wasn’t digging the weedy taste so she really didn’t get to experience the buzz. I did though! I was baked for hours!
I just made a fresh batch of peanut butter cookies and we’re waiting on the results. The peanut butter masks the weed taste a little better and she ate a half of one. My Mastiff decided he wanted the other half and this giant tongue slurped the other half of the table! We got it away from him and he probably would have been fine but the wife freaked a little.

The northern lights is not as potent as the tuts but it smokes a lot smoother and tastes good. It’s a good evening smoke and is great for relaxing. I’m actually sleeping 4 or 5 hours at a time now and, believe it or not, it’s heaven.

I’m still amazed that we pulled this grow off and I want to thank everyone once again for all your guidance. I’m more than happy with my results. I’m sure my next grow will yield more but for the first time out, a 1/2 lb of dried bud is amazing.

Some things I learned from this experience.

Ph is king. Test every watering.
Lighting, you get what you pay for. You can grow weed with cheap lighting. My Mars Hydro 600s are in no way expensive lights but they served my purpose for what my goals were. I could increase my efficiency and yield with better lighting but it comes at a price.
Your plants can cope with underwatering much better than overwatering. If you’re not sure if you’re plants need water, wait a day and reevaluate.
The most important thing I learned from my first grow is, growing is fun! I enjoyed the entire process from seed to harvest and I hope my next try is just as fun and rewarding as this one was.

Thanks for reading and look for my next grow in the coming months. @SilentHippie

14 Likes

Glad all things ended up successfully. You did a good job, enjoy the fruits of your labor.

2 Likes

It was a great post to follow along. Thanks for sharing. Love to follow along on the next one. Thanks again @SilentHippie

2 Likes

I just read your grow journal from start to finish @SilentHippie and I have learned a lot from your experience. I only hope mine goes as well, time will tell. Congratulations on your first grow and I can’t wait to follow your next.

4 Likes