In search of a mentor for my autos

Thx again

1 Like

Yeah I love FastBuds, I do sponsor grows for them aswell they’re a great company all great bunch of people super friendly. Genetics are on point, 2 of my cherry cola are showing some serious frost already. And I wouldn’t worry about colour, I gave both my bigger ones N toxicity and one is still much lighter compared to the others

Some frosty shots

And I have another little cherry cola growing and banana purple punch by FastBuds going too

3 Likes

Banana purple and baby cherry cola

2 Likes

Wow. Now the last picture, how old is that? I assume they are the youngest ones pictured. I’m looking to stay mostly indica. What are your two favorites? Also got my eye on the Cinderella (nostalgia and I’ll do one sativa leaning )

1 Like

The banana purple is about 20 days old now? So far my favourite one that I’ve grown by them has been the forbidden runtz, I think the cherry cola and gorilla skittlez FastBuds will be my fav smokes, I go for more indica but I’m not too fussed aslong as it’s not racy like a amnesia :laughing:

1 Like

The youngest FastBuds yes, I have two photoperiods by feminised seed company also which are OG kush and Super Iced Grapefruit smaller one is the grapefruit

2 Likes

Now how old are those two?

1 Like

Both about 15 days old? Photoperiods so a little slower growth in the beginning compared to autos

1 Like

Damn man. Gonna need to know what you are doing differently than me. Mine are 14 days now too. Your look a lot further along.

2 Likes

I think you may be giving them too much during watering sessions. They should only need about 250ml of water (1/2 a water bottle) per plant at that stage at most. Anything more will make them take too long to dry out.
Water less & more often (they will dry out faster) and you will have much better growth. You don’t want to stunt autos. They will flower when their clock hits at any size. You want to make the best out of any vegetative stage using autos.
I’ll be watching along when I can to see how you’re doing.
Please keep updating us here :partying_face:

3 Likes

Will do.

1 Like

I agree with above, in the beginning they need nothing but patience, a tiny bit of love but not too much :pray:t2:

2 Likes

For the most part I think they look good though bro, just ease off the watering now for 5-7 days until the pots are super light and you’re 100% they’ve fully dried out, then give a light watering again a couple inches away from the edge of the leaf tips ina circle

1 Like

Ok. I’ll take the advice. It’s been nearly 48 hours since I watered.

I want to be clear. Before I was barley watering because they were in those jiffy pots and those held water. The rest of the pots were never watered (other than the water used to break down the coco bricks). So the larger watering I gave the other day soaked in extremely fast.

I’ll keep taking pics and maybe you all can tell me when they need h20. Thx.

2 Likes

Ahhh okay if you’re in coco it dries out a little quicker than soil

1 Like

Looks like you did use a large amount of coco in your mix. Maybe consider keeping the ph of your feeds around 6-6.2ish. Coco itself runs on 5.8-6.2 for cannabis. Most organic soils sit at 6.3-6.4ph (I think) I wouldn’t want to go against the grain as far as ph. Just keep an eye on them. As others said prior, they look good, but when you hear their age… you would think they’d be a little bigger by now. Don’t fret though. The learning curves can be rough, but you’ll get the hang of it.

2 Likes

Yeah. The coco is mixed in with earthworms castings and perilte at equal proportions but that’s below the surface. When I put I the jiffy pots I needed a little more substrate so I used the coco to top it off. Under that very top layer is the soil mixture

I think that mainly they are small due to the jiffy pot issue. I have the one seeding only a couple days old I’ll keep an eye on to see how fast it grows.

3 Likes

Yeah tbh I don’t know much about coco, I use all organic soil and nutrients so I don’t even ph my tap water or feedings at all, so I can’t really comment there but in all honesty I think they look fine right now, you’ll be surprised how quickly they start growing over night!

2 Likes

Cool thx. When they were in the peat pots they had no nutrients as the soil in there was just perlite and worm castings w some coco but no supersoil mix.

One thing I forgot. I didn’t add molasses as per directions. I just saw that last night. Should I do it next watering. I used natures living soil auto flower.

Root bound by the jiffy pots most likely. If you can pull that out with the plant in it and cut down the sides and remove it the roots will begin to spread. If it’s a jiffy net then no worries the roots will grow through it. At 14 days the roots are just starting to spread out :love_you_gesture:

1 Like