In search of a mentor for my autos

I got an auto mazar I believe, for a free seed is never even heard of it lol so thought I’ve got to try that, you had it before?

1 Like

Nope. New to me too. It was a free seed with an order. Very odd growing plant. The seed company I get it from won’t say the breeder but it appears that it’s a Dutch passion. @Se7en

1 Like

Well. Adding about 70 grams to harvest totals for the grapefruit. I thought it would be quite a bit more but it is what it is.

1 Like

@Aussie_autos @OGIncognito @BudzMS @Se7en @Graysin @Jonesy287 @Spiney_norman

Smoke report :dash:

Damn. On the blueberry. Still curing and looking great.

Not much smell until you break it up or squeeze. Damn. How does it smell sweet? Like some freakin blueberry airheads taffy and cotton candy. Holy smokes.

The high is anxiety free. Just what I need cause I get the fear. Wow. I’m thrilled!

That’s just one of ‘em.

Going to continue this thread with additional info and numbers on this grow and my current grow -seeds planted.

Thanks to all for the help !!!

7 Likes

Hey @Formerbrew thats great im so glad everything went great for you in the drying and curing it looks like some great smoke man the flavours will only get better with a long cure

1 Like

Sweet bud and nice and tight. Excellent report and congrats on that TOP SHELF HOME GROWN Brother :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@OGIncognito @Aussie_autos
Hoping some of that internal smell migrates to the outer parts of the bud so it smells better in the bag.

1 Like

It will. Just takes time and patience. My best smoke is 6+ months in the cure. I don’t have much left, as one could imagine.

4 Likes

That’s my next seeds to drop!! Can’t wait! Looking good bro!!!

I’m still waiting for mine to migrate. Lol. Been a month of curing now. 61% held steady in the jar. Looks incredible. Have to break the bud like you’re saying to get the smell still

1 Like

Do u have ur buds in a grove bags or jars i find grove bags are much better for keeping all terpenes and smell great

2 Likes

Jars. Actually. “Jar” only pulled 7g dried off of it. Definitely not as frosty as it was when I harvested it. The smells are night and day from harvest to now. Harvest was a banger of sweet dank. Now it’s, eh. I really think it got dried too fast honestly.

I’ll have to take photos of it now when I get back to the casa

2 Likes

@Aussie_autos

In grove bags now. Put them in from jars once humidity in jars levels out at 59-61.

Weedryer to jar. Let humidity build if too much go to box to dry more. If humidity close just let it go down by opening jar a few times. When stable to grove bags.

1 Like

Actually @Aussie_autos

Jar less :see_no_evil:I mean glass less

Very nice brother that will keep ur buds nice let it cure for a month or so thats if you can keep ur hand out of it lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How did that wedryer work? Might get me one of those and see if it fixes this drying issue I had

Worked good if you keep an eye on it. @Jonesy287
The humidity in the room needs to be controlled but it will get you to your range where you can jar fairly easily.

My future method will be to jar the buds when they keep a jars humidity at about 62-63 rh

Then the jar can be opened closed etc etc

I use the cheap hygrometers from Amazon. Less than 1$ each. And pull a bud off the Wedryer that fills up the majority of a small airtight jar.

Leave the bud in there (jar) and measure the rh. The buds don’t seem to be too shy about showing wet, damp, moist, Goldilocks and very dry. Monitoring that one bud makes it a lot easier.

I guess my point is that if a bud is too wet to cure your jar’s (small) humidity will rise fairly quickly. If it’s closer to ideal dry the humidity will rise slower etc etc. once rh is close. At that point You can just leave the buds in the jars (more head space) and exchange low relative humidity air by popping the jars every so often. After a while the RH settles. After that they could be moved to a grove bag or smaller jars for a long cure.

2 Likes

Ok I get what you’re saying. I have those hydrometers you’re speaking of. My RH in my jar has been 60-62% for the past couple weeks steady. Just still have that hay chlorophyll smell going on. Tomorrow will be a month of cure. I’m gonna look into these grove bags a little more too. A lot of people use them and swear by them. I just want my flavors and smell to be on point!!!

You just use like cardboard box setup or? I’m going to just use my grow tent to dry this run. When them are done.

Yeah. It’s actually a laptop box. It opens both sides and I cut a hole from a hygrometer on top. I just crack it open to exchange air.

Also- I’m getting less grass smell the more I open my jars. I just open once a day. Then every couple days I open jar. Dump buds on table for a minute and re jar.

1 Like