In search of a mentor for my autos

Ok. I’m a little late to the game. I have grown photos a long time ago.

Here’s what I’m working with.

AC infinity 4*2 tent
Grow light science progrow 320
3 gallon fabric pots
Supersoil w lots of perilte coco and earthworm castings 1/3 of all
Keeping temps in mid 70s low 70s lights off. Lights at 40 percent power
24 inches above plant tops. Should be 400 ppfd roughly or a bit less
Got 5 autos in there. Indica leaning. Want to do lots of LST to get them to fit well.
This is day 9.
I had to manually remove the jiffy pots because they weren’t decomposed at all and were holding water.

10 Likes

You should keep this thread as a home base and not start a bunch of new ones.
This way we can all follow the history and not repeat questions when you encounter problems.
I will set this thread to watch and if anyone posts in it I will be alerted. Many others will too.
It works much better to stick with one thread/topic.
You can simply bookmark it or look in your history if you forget where it is.

And your plants look great so far.

9 Likes

Thanks!!!

What an exciting hobby.

2 Likes

If you noticed on pot has two fresh seedling. Uhhhh one didn’t pop so I added another, now they both popped. One is a gorilla skittle the other mimosa cake. Hopefully in the next few days one will look healthier than the other to help me choose. I don’t know which is which.

4 Likes

count me in watching

@Formerbrew

3 Likes

Yep, They generally don’t do well planted together.
At this point you could transplant one before it roots too much more.
Up to you.

I got to run…someone in the group will answer other questions.
Lots of help here.

3 Likes

battle royal? i agree with @Spiney_norman , i would transplant one to another pot, they will fighting for nutes in the long run

3 Likes

I’m limited to 5 plants😌. I like them both but one needs to get pinched off. I was hoping the sativa dominate mimosa would show thinner leaves in the next few days? Then maybe I could tell. Maybe not.

1 Like

I wou.d transplant one of those seedlings so the roots dont become intangled together also with living soil dont water until run off cause u will be washing ur nutrients away specially nitrogen i just watched a podcast with mr grow it

5 Likes

limited to 5, hmmmm well this is an issue. i cant give you advice because it wouldn’t be the legal kind, as they said in the Army, do what your rank could handle, choice is yours.

2 Likes

They’re seedlings, separate one, and choose when you decide. Give you more time without worrying about root entanglement.

2 Likes

Semper fi. Thx for your service. Jarhead here.

2 Likes

Ahh. Is that risky? Good idea though.

Thanks. That was one of my main concerns w the jiffy pots. I could only water a little bit and the rest of the planter was bone dry. Since the roots weren’t able to penetrate I think I wasn’t getting any nutrients since the jiffy pot was really weak for the seedlings. Hopefully they take off when the roots get the super soil.

TY for your service

1 Like

As close as they are, I would. They will have a lot of root in a short amount of time.

2 Likes

Also, there’s more going on under the ground than on top.

1 Like

But if I need to get rid of one can I just pinch it off in a couple days. One already appears to look healthier. It’s a darker green.

1 Like

I used jiffy pots and my plants roots busted throw to the coco coir

2 Likes

Yeah, I was just thinking you were wanting to figure out which was which before the killing. Lol! It’s tough for me to end one! But sometimes…

1 Like