In Need Of Light Recommendations

I am currently using a FAMURS 3000W LED for a 8x8 tent. I know I am in need for more lights. I am looking into getting the SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 but even with that I feel like I will need more lighting. Should I purchase multiple of the SPIDER FARMER SF -4000 or is there better choices to go with?

Better choices. HLG (Horticulture Lighting Group). Do you have a light budget?

I’m willing to spend quite a bit on lights. I know they can run high, but if I don’t have to buy like 4 of the same light to cover my 8x8 I’d go with whatever

Gidday mate got a hlg scorpion and a 650r in a 8” tent. Could still use a little more up the ends. That’s already $4000au dollars. Pulling off some wicked girls with them and two uv bars.

2 Likes

This. A couple 650R lights would probably do it for an 8x8. Honestly a 2x 650R or 3-4 600 RSpec might be overkill but in a good way.

Alternatively you could look at chilLED lights - they’re individual light bars on a mounted system so you have more flexibility with spacing. Of course you’d still need 2 or more lights that have 4x4 coverage just based on the sheer amount of space you have to light up.

1 Like

Yes I have plenty of light. They never turned right up but the two being side by side my umol thingys get bit lower either end of tent. Not sooking they best things I’ve ever bought. Don’t know much about others. These will do for a while. Good luck happy growing mate👍

1 Like

The sf4000 is good for 4x4 so I would recommend two of them for your 8x8 and sf reconfigured the leds in the 4000 to where it really gets good coverage. Of course there are lower and higher price options out there

2 Likes

I occasionally order from Grow Gen and was checking out their lights. Came across this beast. Keying in on “willing to spend quite a bit on lights” -

It has some impressive specs with a price to match

2 Likes

1 Like

I currently run the 1100 but if I had it to do over I’d bought two of the 550 ‘s . Currently in a 3x6 room but will expand when these are done . I will then purchase another 1100. These can be chained and run off one programmer .

1 Like