In Need Of Criticism, New To Hydro

Hope you have plenty of head room in you tent.

2 Likes

Looking good.

1 Like

haha Hey Spy!, hope youre doin good!!, this is exactly my concern i was just thinking about upgrading to a 5x5 tent my issue is almost as much about height as width, Id love to finish in this 4x4 if possible. i havent had much luck in tracking down a taller tent looks like 80" (actually 78") seems to be the norm, on the other hand now that i have a good trellis in place i can bend over and push across the trellis, i think im burnt either way on space.

1 Like

Hey brother been doing good. If you havenā€™t already flipped the lights, I would highly encourage you to do that today. Next thing, get you another trellis or two. If you could get a wire screen from HD or Loweā€™s and cut to fit, it might make it easier to tie down and crop too.

Start by pulling all the outside branches out and work your way to the inside. Once you get towards the middle, you may have to crop the center branches. Just make sure you crop them about the same height as the outside branches. Try to keep everything growing up at the same height. Once they get up another 6ā€ - 8ā€ or so, put another trellis or screen on her and continue same process. You can do this.

This is where you have to pay them attention just about every day. They will get away from you quick. Just keep pulling out, tucking and cropping. Donā€™t just let them grow up. You have to show them who their daddy isā€¦ lol They will also start drinking about twice as much water.

First time I scrogged, I would open the tent and think, there was no way Iā€™ll get them level. You have to just keep working them. I did two SD in a 32ā€ x 32ā€ x 63ā€ tall tent. I just about let them go too much without working them and almost paid for it.
Keepā€™em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

heck yah glad to hear ya doin good. I needed to read this!!, ive been kind of down about my grow mostly because im not a big fan of the strain but i didnt want to drop top shelf seeds on my first hydroponic attempt and i regret that to my core lol. I got 2 more vivosun trellis nets and a bamboo trellis cut to fit on standby and yah i really need to pop in the tent more often and just twist and tuck branches. Good deal tomorrow they will wake up after 12 hrs. thanks for the good info and support broā€¦as always :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whered you get the orange things you tie it down to your bucket with

Yeah one you in and you mix is working you in for good , I donā€™t have a designated spot so definitely will be a while until I settled for sure with hydro , with how things are I gotta move my plants every so often and with hydro that would be a a real pain @nodurxshn

1 Like

they are yo yos you can find cheaper but i trust vivosun for many things

edited to fix links

yah i hear thatā€¦ no way would i want to move a RDWC ponics setup all over creation

2 Likes

5 gall bucket is problematic for me -.- , change every week , Iā€™m tired :sweat:

3 Likes

Well here we are going into week 3, ā€¦and im pretty sure im going to run out of room. Ive been doing light/med defoliation every 3 days avg so far but i need to kind of wrap things up. these 2 are drinking 5 gallons a day now, ive also added some low frequency music not sure if its helping but i know if i was in a tent all day id want to hear anything. @HappyHydroGrower im trying to keep it all in check lol

5 Likes

Wow! You have one full tent! Shezz!! Looking awesome! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

im still actively defoliating i really took out smalls today, i went in and chopped the weak

1 Like

I have to say using the cooler is a genius move that I never would have thought ofā€¦kudos man!:+1:t2:

2 Likes

wow thank you!.. it has its flaws but the results are what i was aimin for, i just got tired of runnin ice packs and frozen water bottles multiple times daily to keep temps low.

Iā€™m just doing dwc in 5gal buckets at the momentā€¦water temps in low 70sā€¦my first grow and already fought a case of root rotā€¦didnā€™t have hydroguard until third week or so

1 Like

Hydroguard is simply amazing, i really got no complaints its been a blessing

2 Likes

this has been a crazy week! had a few A/C issues that really had me stressing but im about to do my weekly water/nute change figured id get a few pics for the journal. the tent is super packed im just defol the bare min at this point, im not a fan of stripping cuz im gonna need that veg later on but im noticing my 5 gallon net pot lids are starting to buckle under he weight im already working on reinforcments. Please let me know what i can improve on, have a smokin day all!!

6 Likes

Last week i changed out my air diffuser for a 18" pond diffuser backed by a 32watt air pump HAHAHA my neighbor downstairs showed up at my door a day later and said its so much vibrations its rattling his nightstand obviously i fixed everything and im cool with my neighbor so we got it dialed in as to not interfere with his life but man it was not the air pump it was the massive ammount of air coming out of that pond diffuser looked like 23 gallons of rapid boiling water and the water was creating the vibrations like a sub. at least i found that ā€œtoo muchā€ air threshhold for my situation.

3 Likes

Not advocating 5 gal buckets but Iā€™ve got 2-8s that arenā€™t doing too shabby and a 17 and 27. My girls arenā€™t even drinking that much even in late flower butā€¦Iā€™m running autosā€¦one thing Iā€™ve also found is net pot size and rH obvio. Running anywhere from low 40s to about 50 slows how much they drink andā€¦I put 4 inch nets in my 8 gal vs 8 inch that was in and this allowed me to get some extra gals in the buckets. Helped tremendously imo. But youā€™re also talking to a guy rotating plants into the 17s and 27s accordingly so I can be lazy :rofl::sunglasses::v:t5:

3 Likes