In a pinch can I use this crap

Ok I know miracle grow bad
That having been said, my Jacks is not supposed to get here until the 17th

If my slurry test reveals my girl is starving which would make sense with timing (ffof is probably depleted of nutes)

Should I just wait or get this to tide her over

I can’t get anything else as I don’t have transportation

2 Likes

I don’t believe your plant will suffer from a 4 day wait. Maybe dilute the MG? I mean by a lot.

2 Likes

If it’s water soluble and available immediately to plant, then yes, at half strength or 1/3, but don’t make a habit of it. You’re a self proclaimed newb, so I wouldn’t read to much in what your seeing. Check your runoff ppms, ph your water, and if your water is chlorinated, let it sit for a few day to gas off. Stirring and shaking the water a few times a day… Ffoc? How long have the plants been in the soil?

Don’t spend a fortune on nutes, especially when you’re new and learning. The neon colored trio from that reputable company that NASA has used for years is legit and $8 a quart. That and some calmag is all you need rn. Or use their organic line.
Good luck

2 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood back in the 80s we used it .there was no internet or a lot of other stuff available. Basically all 50 states was unfriendly. We also use 10-10-10 just like the farmers. I’m not telling you to use it or not to use it , but I don’t remember killing no plants with it. I don’t use it now because a lot of cannabis friendly products available. Just sharing my thoughts good luck my friend.

3 Likes

If hellraiser says my baby won’t deteriorate in 4 days I’ll wait it out thanks all

2 Likes

Hey Devil, you wanna buy some crayons?

3 Likes

Hey Wormy. I used nothing but miracle grow nutrients my first run. It was all I had. Just be aware the salts can build up. My grow bags were coated in white the bottom two inches! I’d go with the experts advice instead of the gal on her second grow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well the cal mag is coming today and I’m pretty sure that’s what the brown spots and leaf edge is so as long as the yellow doesn’t spread I’ll probably just wait

I just happened to be by a place that only has the mg stuff, but since my jacks is on the way, I guess I’ll wait

I’d hate to buy mg stuff for basically just one application

Lol sort for wasting everybody’s time☹️

I am using up my MG stuff on house plants. Feed one week and flush the next. My goal is to get every plant in the house eventually into living soil. Just takes brewing compost tea non stop! Some of my house plants are taller than this 5’3 Irish gal.

On a different note, I was a bit shocked when I realized that it takes nearly a whole bag of ffof just to fill one 5 gallon fabric pot :flushed:

Wormy. That is why I build my own soil now😀

There are many recipes out there. Take a search on this forum. I can give you my recipe if you would like based on forum input and google searches. I keep mine simple and inexpensive. I am waiting for my indoor pots to dry out so I can reclaim that soil and add to the mix.

@MeEasy @yoshi are two that helped. I know there was another one but I will have to find his/her/they handle.

I have to take better notes on who is a soil grower and more specifically living soil.

Everyone has different methods and as you can see from pictures all work! You have to find your comfort zone.

2 Likes

Only the green ones. They have a better flavor.

1 Like

It’s the best ain’t it? I know exactly what’s in it because I put it there.

1 Like

Where you get your stuff for making your soil and any good beginner friendly videos on making it or your own personal recipe?

Yes @oldmarine It varies from batch to batch based on what I have dried and ground up but it works. Glad to meet you.

I buy 5 kilo blocks of coco coir. It hydrates to a little over 16 gallons.
I use Black Kow composted manure. 4 parts coco to 1 part compost for indoor.
I add another part compost for outdoors.
I add a couple of handfuls of perlite per gallon.
I amend that with Happy Frog dry amendments at half strength.

Personal recipe here and others with more experience can weigh in.

I start with an organic garden soil with no nutrients added. I bought mine at a big box store, $5 a bag. I then screen it to remove all the big chunks of wood/bark which I compost or use as mulch.

Then I add perlite about 20%. Big bag cost me about $20 at big box store and worm casings.

Next is whatever I have been saving from the house. Ground eggshells, dried ground banana peels, dried coffee grounds (most local coffee shops give away grounds), my friend’s soil primer made from pine (discontinued), all my trimmed fan leaves dried and ground and finally all the soil from previous grows/failed clones. I add in ironite and Dr. Earth tomato food. I also bury a real copper penny in every grow bag because my 100% Irish granny did this with every houseplant.

Will it have everything cannabis needs? Probably not.

This is just me and what seems to be working now. I continue to learn and experiment.

Best to you my friend.

This is Garragn’s soil recipe. I assume the roots organics referred to is Original. When I made it I used fox farm ocean forest
1/4 Recipe
2 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal
1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano
1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid

I would also add a 1/2 bag of Purple Cow Organics compost, perlite, greensand and langbeinite. It was quite a brew.
Now - coco and perlite. Done

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag @JaneQP if I were to make my own mix I would use “clackamascoots” recipe he’s been doing this stuff for many years I’d bet most recipes out there started with his and was tweaked enough to put a different name on it. Obviously my opinion not the start of a big debate

1 Like