I'm using three LED lights right now just ordered HLG 100 RSpec 4000k

Hey man I did a little thinking and if I could change soils what would I do from what I’ve seen here. Well I would go with coco (coconut fibers) with some perlite, both of these are inert with absolutely nothing to support a plant, then I would use jacks 321 full strength from seedling to harvest. You ph and water daily to run off easy pezy… It seems to work well and makes perfect sense. I work my miracle grow potting mix like coco or a flood and drain hydro, I from the time its a seed I wet the root zone every couple of days. Oh I started this yesterday before I got the last two posts, as far as organic soils, I see some people work well, others fall short in flower, but forgive me im old and can’t remember shit, youd have to do homework. But I don’t know enough about it. I’ve read a ton of posts about it. And the leafs are not light, maybe nute burn (nitrogen) or could be ph starting to cause a lock out problem. In any case you are far enough along it will not stop progress of buds, so keep doing what you are and see what happens, you gotta understand what leafs tell are things in the past and its either going to get worse or not, but you’ll be fine. Your little ones are looking awesome but time to transplant soon. Hey I gotta run holler at ya later my friend. Have a good day

1 Like

New here, i read a thread on zskittles and banana kush. Used canna coco and 321 nutes from start to finish. Gives soil recipe, from seed to harvest step by step. Where he purchased. Being new, i have read a bunch or soil and non soil recipes. @Hellraiser was the simplest i found. It will be my second plants medium.

2 Likes

hey man how you doing I hope your babies are doing great I just transplanted and topped my three that were in the closet I have a question like always haha. have you ever had to harvest a plant a little later than the other one It looks like one of my plant is a lot further along than the other is that even possible?

1 Like

Ha ha yeah man I always start them same but always finish different, never have I been able to harvest all at once lol. They always mature at different times. My girls are doing fine I just flipped timer to 12/12 last night, ready for the streach

1 Like

what’s up Hope all is well I’m having some problems did you know what this can be I don’t know if she will make it

1 Like

I have not had this problem myself so I am 100% sure, appears to be a couple problems, the brown spots looks like a mag deficiency, but the papery dry look, seems to be allowing dirt to dry out too much before watering. Are the holes from you poking fingers in to check for moisture? There i definitely some stress affecting the older leafs, but not so much on the newer leafs. I assume a watering problem, mj likes a oxygen to get to the roots, but if the soil dries out too much the plant stresses stealing moisture from the leafs. Like I said I am not sure, if you think I am off the mark let me know, I think your in fox farm happy frog, and you just transplanted them, and the size of the plant you should be watering the whole pot to run off every few days. Please let me know what you think. There are other things it could be, ph out, but as I have not experienced anything like this myself. I will keep checking back today because I would like to know what you think :+1:

1 Like

yeah I don’t know The pH was fine everything else is fine The two other ones are fine it’s just this one and it looks like it’s starting to happen to the other leaves now I don’t know She still growing it though everything she’s growing is getting infected with whatever this is

1 Like

Hey man are you using a cal mag additive? Looks like a mag deficiency, your plant seems to be more sensitive to what ever is causing this. I have one plant out of 3 that is stunted and loosing leafs also with spots. My ph is way to low, all I can do is add cal mag. Or if you have epsom salts / non scented use 1/2 tsp per gal. once a week. I never seen it this early tho, I usually get it to a certain degree during flower, so I was a little confused. I buy cal mag from advanced nutes, anyway man I hope your new growth hangs in there. Hope this helps man

1 Like

yeah I guess I’m going to try to cow mag because the leaves keep doing it here are some I cut off today. and other than the leaves doing this she’s fine I just been cutting them off she’s still bigger than the other two but she don’t have many leaves lol

1 Like

Yeah well glad she is still doing well, yes I have one now that lost all bigger leafs but smaller are okay lol. Hope you have a good day man

hey have you ever heard of a femalized plant that had seeds I was watering one of them and I knocked a little bud off And when I squeezed it it was real hard so I opened it and a seed popped out not even joking

1 Like

Hey yes weed is in a category where they can put out male flowers to self pollenate. Usually caused by a stresser like light leaks during flower, or other stress. I find a seed here or there almost every grow. The way they make feminized seeds is to stress a female causing it stress till it puts of male flowers, but no male genes, so all females. Looks like a good mature seed, and it will be feminized also, but possibly carry hermie gene, and will also maybe hermie too. There are two types of hermie, 1 full on male flowers that can pollenate whole grow, and 2 nanners, where a male flower grows deep in a bud and you only see yellow petals poking out of a bud. Because they are deep in the bud pollen only gets in the affected buds creating a seed or two. Hopefully you don’t have seeds in all the flowers but no big deal, like old days smoking Mexican red hair full of seeds lol Hope all else is going well my friend :+1:

1 Like

hey man how’s it going Hope all is going well I’m about to harvest on Monday morning I was just wondering have you ever seen anything like this My buds have like horns like towers lol here’s some pics

1 Like

Hey brother all good here just getting along. But yes those are called foxtails, get them having lights too bright (if dimmable ) or light too close during late flower. It is the plant last ditch effort to catch pollen, don’t use new pistols on foxtailing buds as reference to whether the rest of the plant is done. Look at olds parts of the plant (middle plant bud) Foxtails are bran new and the tricomes will not mature before you harvest, not great buzz from those parts, some people even clip them off, I mix all my buds up and don’t worry about them other than raising my lights. Nice chunky buds my friend, looking awesome :slight_smile: :drooling_face: keep up the good work

1 Like

I just got done harvesting and in one of my plans was about 30 seeds that I picked out that I saw so I’m sure there’s more because I’m doing a dry trim so they’re hanging right now and I really trim them I’m sure I’ll find more but it was only in that one plant and just the lower buds towards the bottom of the plant You think too It will affect the taste our potency

1 Like

Yes you had a male or two flowers probably in the lower branches, I’ve had it happen more than once myself, not a big deal as far as taste (unless you don’t see a seed and smoke it) or potentcy. They say thc stops production after pollenation, but buds should be full of tricomes already so it is not a big difference. Looks like you had two events as the dark mature seeds are over 5 weeks ago and the white/green seeds are more recent. Sorry you got a hermie man but not all bad you got free seeds (although they may carry hermie gene) but congratulations on your successful harvest my friend looks like a fantastic haul. Hope all 3 youngsters are doing well, and all is well :smiley: