I'm using three LED lights right now just ordered HLG 100 RSpec 4000k

okay so you’re saying at the 21 day mark of flowering stage I should remove most of the leaves cuz as you can see my three plants are very very bushy is that what you are suggesting because right now they are so bushy but I have a lot of lights so much different angles to get light printeration and a lot of fans. They are 63 days old, and 17th day into flowering. 0

1 Like

Lets be specific as I do not want you to have any issues if you do decide to defol. This weekend would be about the 21 day mark it sounds like. “Most” of the leaves is vague. I will try to explain clearly. I am only good with words sometimes so here we go…

Let’s talk about the increased yield factor first. When I defol, I am looking to cut off anything that is not going to be productive and rob resources from the other areas of the plant. Anything under the main canopy that isn’t getting light and only has a small potential bud site I remove. I also lollipop up to the bottom of my main colas so they become longer and phatter. here is a pic from one of my first defols in general to try to shape her to how I wanted to grow throughout the stages.

Lets talk about fanblades. I remove all fanblades that are congesting the airflow toward the center of the plant. Perimeter fans I leave but the ones that make it really dense in the center I get rid of.

If you decide to defol after 3 days give or take she will explode again and start putting out more fans anyway. I hope this helps and any specific questions based on my reply fire away.

1 Like

Hey brother hope you are doing well, all good here got triplets in my closet 12 days old, off to a good start

Happy growing man :smiley:

1 Like

I’m doing good and those babies are looking nice. And that’s pretty funny that you started a new three I also have triplets that I just started in my closet by the time the other ones are done flowering in my grow tent these new little ones will be ready to go into the grow tent for flowering I figure I could have a constant chain of plants ready to flower so I’ll be harvesting probably every 8 to 9 weeks until I have a nice little head stash then maybe I’ll slow down haha. I do have a question though these little stems come out the base of the plants and new growth should I clip it or let them grow

1 Like

Hey man glad all is well, congratulations on your successful fatherhood :smiley: Hey you can clean up the lower stuff that you know won’t produce anything, but I allow it to grow. I don’t believe lower stuff is stealing anything from other growth, like not stripping leaf, I believe they are there for a purpose, I grow happy bushes that have lots of flowers. I let nature do what she does and what little I do I do to keep them shorter and even the canopy, by topping once at 9 sets of branches, and flipping at a certain time based on hight. Oh and you are at a couple weeks into flower and like you were advised you can start removing a couple of leafs here and there to open up the canopy a little if you want. Your girls are pretty dense, but I don’t buy that buds need light to grow, you are always going to get bigger buds up top, to a plant its making flowers up top were its most likely to catch floating pollen that may be floating past. So I remove some every week as some dying happens and I pluck lol. Your doing a great job tho and flowers are building nicely and they are getting frosty :smiley: they are happy and healthy so keep up the good work my friend

1 Like

thanks when you grow indoor what type of humidifier do you use I was using a cool mist ultrasonic My plant grew too big and the leaves are getting wet from it and dying and crusting up but without a humidifier they get way too dry in there do you have any ideas what I could do and one other quick question do you ever test for potency of ur bud If you do do you know any good test kits for home that are accurate

Hey brother, well I have no idea about humidifiers, I don’t use anything in my closet, mine is a simple grow, lights, fans, nutes. I am designing a exhaust for the humidity during flower as I found a bud with mold this last grow. During flower my girls drink tons and I watered sometimes every day! So its very humid and I don’t ventilate, bad combo, I have been lucky up until now, but guess I need a change. Weed is pretty hardy and can handle hot and low humidity of course certain limits like my daughters grow outdoor in Nevadas desert 100+ 25% humidity Yes problems lol but she still got some nice plants. She gets up early every day to wet the whole garden area to up the humidity during the day, but her leafs canoeing and curling on some sensitive plants. But these are extreme conditions…

And I know of a product called tcheck that some of the guys here use to check their flower. I think its pricey, and you have to buy the tcheck device and something else to test flower. And it tests not just thc, but total cannabinoids. But it’s kinda cool to verify what you grow. But I know my weed works as well as dispensery tested stuff lol Hope this helps man, you’d be surprised the conditions I put my plants through, and I do well… have a good night :+1:

1 Like

thanks I definitely check it out And wow they look great next year in the spring I’m going to try growing a few outside I live in the Northeast so I got to wait lol. I have another question when I checked the soil pH with Demeter I guess somewhere between 6.5 and 7 but when I water the pH of the water that goes in is usually around and the water that comes out the runoff pH is around 5.2 to 5.5 does that mean that the pH is low in my pots should I raise the pH of the water I’m just confused lol any help will be greatly appreciated like always

1 Like

Hey man you can up your ph some to try getting higher ph out but I would not chase it by going over 8 as too alkaline is possible to shock too. I have heard a lot of people having ph problems with fox farm happy frog and ocean forest soils. But honestly your girls are looking awesome for now, further into flower may be a problem. My soil changes ph through out my grow and even if I get burned leafs it all works out lol. For now tho if your plants are doing well dont sweat it too much. I assume your girls are done stretching and buds are putting on weight :smiley: hope I answered your question. Love to see a new picture of your tent man, heres my girls just 19 days old

Happy growing my friend :+1:

1 Like

wow those are looking nice and deep green and big lol And yeah you answer my question perfectly You’re right they’re looking good I’m not going to chase a pH I’m ready yet 7.1 I’m putting in the water I’m not going to go no higher. And yep they are done stretching starting to put on some weight and getting frosty lol like I said I have three more starting out in my closet that are the same genetics but the next ones I want to try and grow is Bruce branner have you ever had that one? oh and one of their quick question should I stop at in Cal mag I’m on my fourth week of flowering I know it’s good in the beginning of flowering page should I keep using it all the way through before the flush?

1 Like

Hey man well no I haven’t done Bruce Banner, looks like a good one, I favor indica strains for the body high, works best for medicine for me. Also I stay away from sativas as they can be tall if not trained, and they tend to stretch more also. My closet can only support a medium sized plant no more than 3 feet. Not saying you can’t control a sativa, its just more effort. And I use cal mag all the way, on water only days, feed, water /cal. Its a counter measure to keep magnesium up during flower when plant uses big amounts, during veg I give cal/mag every other water or every 4th water, as its not a big need yet, and of course last few weeks of flower I stop. During flower all kinds of stuff can go wrong, BUT you are far enough along, even if you lose every leaf your buds will finish, but you are in great shape right now everyone is green and happy. Your girls look awesome man, you are going to have a nice harvest my friend. I don’t think I remember you saying what strain you have going, I love the bud structure :+1: Anyway man hope that helps, keep up the good work brother

1 Like

haha you’re like a encyclopedia thanks cuz I was a little confused on the cow mag part And I definitely got to start adding something a lot of lower leaves are getting spotty and some are falling so I’m guessing she’s a little low I only was adding once a week sometimes every other week. And I like to indica strains too cuz it really helps with my anxiety and im growing do-si-dos

1 Like

hey man hope all is well over there in that desert haha I ordered a bud trimming kit from Amazon and I got this thing in there that I have no idea what it is and doesn’t say what it is I was hoping you would know what it’s for lol

1 Like

Ha ha well I have no idea about that lol And all is well with me here today :+1: I love the look of the do si do, I may have to look into getting some. Hope you have a good day

1 Like

hey man how’s it going Hope all is good I was wondering what kind of dirt would you recommend for inside grow I had the Fox farm Happy frog It was good soil and all but it came with little friends those gnats kind of pissed soon as I put water on the soil within a day or two there’s 20 or 30 nets flying around in my closet so when I transparent the new three into their bigger pots I definitely don’t want to use that soil because I am just getting them under control now lol… oh and my other ones are doing pretty good here’s some pics I don’t know if I accidentally broke this top of the plan off It looks alive but it’s real bent and weak I hope it’s alive lol

1 Like

Hey bro, yes all good here my girls are within days of flip to 12/12 all topped leaving 9 sets of branches.

Well my friend I’m sorry to hear that you got fungus gnats, I understand a product called mosquito bits works really well and safe, but I never use it. I hate to tell you but almost all soils have a chance of having gnats, I have them just about every grow but only once did I get a super bad case. I have a organic spray I kill the few flying I see, and hopefully they haven’t had sex and laid more eggs lol. But I usually keep up with them. But anytime they compost and mix soils in large quantities you get gnats my friend. I only have used one grow medium and that is because miracle grow potting mix is the only thing our local hardware store carries. I am in senior apartments and have nosy neighbors so I can’t get large packages without people noticing, so can’t order it. But I like MG it has served me well for over 5 years now, but I also have found its problems and thanks to this forum I learned how to manage it for the most part. I really don’t recommend it either, its not a mj friendly because it has no ph buffers and time released nutes. I have heard on here tons of soils, but don’t remember the names, up by your icon on top there is a magnifying glass, click on it and search good soils for mj and it should give some good strands to read. Fox farm happy frog and ocean forest seem to be the go to, but I don’t know anything about either. Wish I could help more. Man those BB of yours are looking awesome my friend, those are going to be some nice solid nuggets! Very impressive, keep up the great work man :smiley: oh bent stem should be fine man

1 Like

oh man that sucks that you only can get miracle grow when I did order from Amazon it just came in a regular Amazon box I don’t know if that would help you out in your situation though I have another question got a lot of those lol I was reading about the super organic soil and how it says you don’t need to add no nutrients from seed to harvest do you know how true that is did you ever hear anything about that cuz now I see Fox farm has a feeding schedule just for their happy frog soil and it seems a lot leess nutrients because they’re soil comes with it And then I see other types of superorganic soil that says you don’t need to add anything for marijuana that everything you need is in there any information would be nice because I am about to order something I just don’t know yet lol oh and here’s my three new ones they’re doing pretty good in my closet lol

1 Like

oh one other thing do you know what this is do you think it’s nutrients burn or light burn it’s around the edges and it seems like it’s happening to more and more leaves

1 Like