I'm using three LED lights right now just ordered HLG 100 RSpec 4000k

Hello man, well like I advised before, tuck leafs till week 2 of flower, and then I don’t advise taking but a few to open things up. I am a firm believer in leaving all the leafs as possible, but thats me. I think a person should just grow a plant without doing anything other than raise a happy bush, see what is possible before trying techniques that effect your yields. I see people who do miracles chopping their plants all to hell and end up with monsters, but that takes extra time per grow. I know its said let light to the buds, but bud don’t need light, leafs olny process light through photosynthesis. Top flowers grow bigger as the plant is reaching up to catch pollen on the breeze, just plant dynamics not light. But like I say man I grow bushes in my 2x4 closet, I just harvested a Early lemon berry photo I got 6 ounces of fantastic buds from the one plant, my autos I got 2.5 ounces. Just took 3rd plant apart today, so I will have final numbers in a couple days, but I am pretty happy with 1/2 pound in two plants, I am sure I’m not going to bust 3/4 but it is all good. Next grow! Already have the seeds set out for grow #14 :smiley: anyway man hope you are having a good day, happy growing my friend oh yeah good catch on the ph :+1:

1 Like

As always great advice and I think I’ll take it lol I’ll just trim a few of the big leaves that I can’t tuck and let it just be bushy and see what happens and that’s awesome that you got a half pound so far just from two plants. how do you harvest / trim it I see there are a few different methods of just curious what method you used

Hey man got another problem My other plant out of nowhere looks like this do you know what it could be?

You know I have never had leafs do that, though I have seen it in other grows. I assume that it is a kind of deficiency, your ppms were down around 550 and I know you started feeding and getting ph right, so you may have fixed the problem. Just get ppms up and ph and see what happens over next couple waterings. Here’s a chart and it could be nitrogen, but ph dictates what minerals uptake in a plant, so if ph is out you can lock out certain minerals. You’ll be okay but leafs may be like that or worsen, time will tell. Hang in there brother :pray:

1 Like

Thank you and I’m guessing I’m probably just low on nutrients cuz my PPM’s been low so I’m just going to give her some extra nutrients I also have flower kiss from Fox farm that I can spray on the leaves to help her out a little I sprayed her last night and this morning she’s perky so I’m just going to add nutrients until I get my PPM corrected didn’t do a flush after that

1 Like

Yep sounds like a good plan, keep up the good work brother :+1: Happy growing man

1 Like

Hey man Hope all is good in the desert lol quick question I ordered one of my girls the pH going in with 6.8 The pH coming out is 4.7 I’m guessing that’s not good do you know what I should do? The next time I water should I put the pH up to like 7.5 ? Oh by the way this is her the one that been giving me heart attacks she’s looking a lot better because all of you are helpful advice I am really grateful.

1 Like

Yes with miracle grow potting mix at the beginning of my grow I have to put a 8 in to get a 6.5 out, but as my grow progresses it becomes more alkaline compared to before and I have to put a 6.5 in to get a 6.5 out. I check my numbers all the time, hope it helps, but your girls are looking awesome man keep up the good work brother. I see they are starting to show stretching and visible sign of flowering :smiley: Well I just had triplets today, happy healthy indica strains :+1: grow number 14 off to a good start. Hope you have a great evening. Holler at ya

1 Like

I’m about to cry check on my plants this morning perky and straight went back to check later in the afternoon all her branches were bent over like a you completely bent in a u-shape downwards i have it supported right now do you know what i can do is this normal i know they’re supposed to bend a little bit when they have weight but there’s no buds on it yet and they’re bent like this

1 Like

Hey man sorry, I am not sure what you got going on but I am curious if pots are getting too dry waiting for more water and there is not enough water in her. They are very busy and drink alot. Is it the one plant or all three? I be here all day, holler at me, wondering what changed yesterday?

1 Like

I figured it out somehow it got up to 113° in there for like 3 hours and alarm supposed to go off on my phone if anything like that happens because i have it through Wi-Fi so no matter where i am i’m supposed to get a notification that didn’t happen and i had people working on my house and i’m guessing they had a trip to break her or something because i have a thing in there that controls the humidity and kicks on the exhaust fan stronger if it gets hot it got reseted so the exhaust fan was just on low and humidifiers never turned back on so i’m guessing they got really dry and hot because i wore them yesterday afternoon and when i checked on them in the morning i thought there would be good too later at night wasn’t expecting the heat to be that high just happy i called it when i did she’s doing a little bit better i opened the tent up and had a fan blowing cold air in and she started to stand back up straight only one branch bent to the point where i don’t think it can be saved. For a minute i thought i did something because i fed her yesterday a little extra to get the ppm up . Some crazy thing i just didn’t know about that happens in flowering because i am amazed how much they stretch and how fast literally turn it to 12 and 12 a week ago and she grew like 8 in LOL

1 Like

Hey man glad it was something you could figure out and fixed. Hope they all bounce back 100% Holler at ya later brother oh and yes amazing how fast they grow for sure.

1 Like

yeah she bounced back I gave her some loving care lol I have a question I was reading a lot of people start to trim leaves off in their second to third week of flowering do you do that I really don’t want to start cutting off leaves to hurt or stress her out. cuz I’m really happy I’m starting to see where the bud will grow oh by the way there is three plants lol It looks like just one big one from the top

1 Like

nvm I was looking at the wrong thing I answered my own question lol

1 Like

Yeah man I know you got 3 in there lol they are packed in there like sardines, and as packed as they are you can start removing a couple leafs here and there to open up the canopy a little to let air flow, and as bushy as they are it won’t stress them a few at a time, but I am glad you are just letting plants to grow without a bunch of training to see what they do naturally. I am not so worried about light getting in as I am with air. The ones I concentrate on are the ones in the middle growing inward plugging things up. When they stop stretching you will see where the top of the plant was and everything above, its crazy. You are in for a treat my friend :smiley:

1 Like

yeah I can’t wait for the first smoke I’m thinking after drying and curing be sometime around Halloween lol I wish I could send you some or something for all the help haha Right now I’m putting water in with a pH of 7.8 and the runoff is coming out 5.4 should I bring up the pH more in the watering to like 8.5??

1 Like

Hey man you are in happy frog soil and I thought it was supposed to be buffered for ph lol. I would not push it too hard, as your girls are looking awesome right now, just continue for a bit. They are stretching nicely and are going to be monsters. Lol I smoke as they cure, its too long between grows, they all get better with time tho. Have a good one man

1 Like

You don’t have to use those burping lids or anything right I was reading and people take it to extreme it seems like lol. And the other thing I wanted to ask It seems to be healthy leaves falling off the plant not a lot but probably like anywhere from 2 to 5 healthy green leaves a day between the three plants sometimes more is that normal?

1 Like

Hey man yes as weed dries it puts off clorephil gases, and burping lets out gas and replacing with oxygen, the taste and smoke ability gets better with time. But I smoke it whether its fully cured or not, it still works, maybe not as good but… as far as the dying leafs, yes I get a few either falling off or turning yellow and dying, it’s normal as long as you have busy plants its not a big deal. Sometimes leafs don’t like being in the shade. Hope not much change in the future, but for sure keep an eye on it :+1: Hope you are having a good day man

1 Like