Im throwing in the towel :/

Amnesia haze is what i planted. Well germination first lol and i will be careful. Think im gonna dump it in the bay.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower it would of done so good if it wasnt male. Never seen one like this before?

1 Like

@Bman88900 Iā€™m not super experienced with males and hemaphrodites, but it looks both to me. @Donaldj ?

3 Likes

Sounds about right

2 Likes

Iā€™m using two 600W COB LED and one 400W COB LED in a 4X4X8 foot tent. Five Purple Haze in the fourth week of flowering, a oil filled radiator heater, and a decent little dehumidifier.
I could not be happier with the results thus far. My second grow. Last time I had a time limit, so I think I had to cut them down (Pineapple Haze) after six weeks of flowering. Letting these girls go till I see amber in the trichomes. Then a long care drying and cure. Iā€™ll do ten days hanging upside-down in the tent after removing fan leaves, unplugging the lights, and putting the four small fans on low, blowing away from plants to create a circular air flow current. Once ever four hours, fresh air for 15 minutes. Will keep the humidity way down, and heat to 60 degrees F. All in favor? Say ā€œAYEā€!

5 Likes

Holy Moly! Thatā€™s a drag man. Hereā€™s my girls. 4 weeks into flowering Friday. No seeds there.

4 Likes

I use these. They got rid of them in a week.

2 Likes

What are they exactly?

1 Like

One liter seltzer bottles with these cone shaped tips that you pop a few holes in with a push pin. Below 2 inches where the fungus gnats donā€™t go.

https://www.amazon.com/Amersumer-Automatic-Irrigation-Deviceļ¼ŒGarden-Wateringļ¼ŒSpikes/dp/B0752BXDN4?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

@Ozzimotosan1 Wow thanks for sharing,thats pretty cool idea.
Can u tell me how they worked for u? Is it for a soiless medium. Or hydro drip only or can it be uaed in soil?

2 Likes

@Familyman420 I was thinking the same thing as you. Thatā€™s a really neat idea. Iā€™ve seen them before or at least something similar to them in stores where you screw a 2 liter bottle on them or something but I never knew anybody that used one. Thanks for posting

3 Likes

I only grow in soil. I suppose if your growing in anything other than water, but I doubt it would work the same. If the soil isnā€™t dry two inches down, it wonā€™t let any water come out of the bottles.
Like if your growing in coco, it would just run through. I mix 30% coco peat in with potting soil for seedlings I get at a greenhouse.
Oh ya, I also put Gnatrol chopped up glass (the white stuff) on top of each planter. Got that on Amazon, cheap with Prime, and pretty light. I did about an inch. That helped with the gnats, but the bottles and irrigation tips are what got rid of them for good.

2 Likes

Purple Haze.

1 Like

you have to check for a lot of factors that must have contributed immensely to this, for example, like watering, the right fertilizer mix if any, lighting conditions, the soil etcā€¦

1 Like

The 600W COB lights I bought on Amazon have performed great through VEG and FRUITING stages.
The 400W was bought prior, and I believe it is better quality. I learned my lesson (still learning) as many, about non-approved vendors. Thatā€™s why I am loving the DIY PRIMO LED lighting that some of you have customized for your grow space. I need to get more info, but I donā€™t have $1,000 to spend,
and the electricity, nutes, pest deterrents, etc add up quick.
I am just so stoked that maybe at a cost of $500, I am going to get twice the yield from almost half the plants first grow. I owe it all (well mostly) to the kind souls that helped me out on here. ILGM is an invaluable resource of info, and they have my business from here on out. Grow and Rock On my Sisters and Brothers with the endless grinā€¦ :mage:

4 Likes

Out of likes, but depending on space youā€™re trying to fill there are some relatively inexpensive diy options. Let us know when youā€™re ready and weā€™ll see what kind of options that fit.

3 Likes

I need a newbie link for building your own custom LED set up. With the reflectors, ballast, LEDā€™s etc.
Iā€™m an electronics technician by trade, and have tools, itā€™s a matter of finding the source for the materials at an affordable price. May just do it over time as my current lights die off.

2 Likes

Find growmau5 on YouTube, best source of information there is in my opinion.

There are some diy horticulture based retailers like cobkits, rapid led, and horticulture lighting group. Otherwise a lot of the components can be purchased at your standard electronics outlets like digikey, arrow, mouser, and wherever else. Really depends on what specifically youā€™re looking for and who has the best price. Not all of them carry every component or manufacturer.

If you have a background in electronics it should be piece of cake. How big of a light are you looking to build?

2 Likes

I donā€™t see my space getting any larger than the 4ā€™X4ā€™X8ā€™ tent I have now. Five plants fit well, with a heater and humidifier or dehumidifier, as needed. Thanks Bro.

2 Likes

4x4 and $500 budget? Hmmā€¦ sounds familiar.

3 Likes