Im Tapping in finally for help

To me it looks like algae, I make sure to use a shop vac to remove all the excess water from trays about 3 hours after watering. This can help a lot with preventing fungus and mold growth as well.

Also I noticed someone mentioned a wick bucket, I used this before and it worked well for humidity, I ran into a algae and fungus problem cuz I was lazy and didn’t change the water in the bucket or the towel. I simply added a bit of hydrogen peroxide to the water, 2oz/gal or so to sterilize stuff and didn’t see a return of the green scum.

i got rid of the clear plastic containers i was using them to catch run off for the ph and didnt think about removing them.

my rh is going back down as temp goes up though 72 degrees and 32%rh now
guess im going to have to buy a humidifier setup

1 Like

I made a heater years ago for my garage grows using a 300 watt aquarium heater immersed in a 5 gallon bucket of water. Kept the lid on and set to 85F and blew a small fan across it. It was inexpensive to operate and bumped temps up about 5F in the grow space. Cheap too. @Not2SureYet did something similar.

4 Likes

oh yeah okay this would help the humidity not get sucked out too from the elctric heater?

2 Likes

:+1: much better numbers, in my case with the humidity over 40 it takes a bit longer for my soil to dry out, so I have to water less often.

3 Likes

I found an aerator i never used. I out them in tub of hot water lol gonna see if this helps. Then maybe just add a aquarium heater

2 Likes

Very good idea.
So i may as well add this suggestion to the mix :rofl:
This humidifier also gives off heated “steam” or non heated.
It’s not going to give alot of heat but could maybe raise temps some while raising humidity at same time…

You definitely got all kinds of options my freind :+1:

2 Likes

It was a good idea in theory.
It’s a failed idea in practice. My humidity was at 18% again this morning 78 degrees
I’m gonna go buy a humidifier

4 Likes

Why the blocks of yellow cheese? :grinning:

I was able to cut a stab into the unfinished basement duct work to run a small line to the tent for heat.

It’s only a 3" diameter stab with a hose to the grow tent. Raised the temperature in the winter from 64 to 74.

Big improvement in their growth.

Just out a cap on it when not needed.

4 Likes

Get the controller too. It takes all the variables out bro, best $20 I’ve spent. It works like a timer just runs off humidity levels instead. I like the Vicks hot vapor humidifier, just keep it back from the plants a bit and obviously don’t put Vicks in the cup lmao

2 Likes

Im waiting on the humidifier @1HappyPappy posted to get delivered in the mean time this is where ive seemed to balance out at.

1 Like

I feel like i already see a difference

1 Like

Man for real your right i need to do that it wouldnt be that hard or expensive either

Those numbers look great now. You’ll notice your plants get excited when you find their happy spot.
Low humidity

Just right

Same plant within 6 hours of correcting humidity and temperature

2 Likes

hell yeah brother those look dank!

1 Like

La Kush Cakes- regular seeds - 4 days into flower, they vegged for 50ish days till they popped preflowers, both were super cropped at 2nd and 3rd nodes left plant was topped twice and the right one was topped 4 times and I let it stretch for light more than her sister. They have their own lights both 200w led one is vander life and other in linqool kinda testing them to see who does better. I’m also doing another one under a 32w Home Depot fiet electric full spectrum that says it has the same dli and ppfd as the others. We will see lol

2 Likes

Someone had a cutout close already 15ft run

3 Likes

Well done!

2 Likes

Constant 32-36% with Temps 75-79 F. Is what my room likes.

2 Likes