I'm so confused

I have two stunted LSD autos. 6 weeks old and 4" tall but flowering for a couple of weeks now.
I tied them over to the side a little to spread some light to more areas.
But it’s it doing me any good?
They are stunted, as I said. So it won’t make more colas? But there is lots of new pistils.
These are pics before and then the next day after “lst”.
First is Laverne

And this is Shirley

4 Likes

Sorry to see you experience this on your first grow. This is why a lot of growers recommend growing a feminized photoperiod plant. Autoflowering plants need to be grown right in the sweet spot otherwise they stall out and become stunted. No; they won’t add any more flowers but the ones you have will fatten out a lot. You still have lots of time yet (4 to 6 weeks).

10 Likes

Well I went with Auto because it said it was good for newbies. And I have 16 more of the same seeds. So I reckon I better be figuring some things out lol.

3 Likes

And this is actually my second grow. They were stunted also but I thought it was because of the cheap dirt I had it in.
One died the other is at 10 weeks and is also only 4" tall. But it’s just one little ball …I left it in there though, just to see what happens.
This is my little 'bud’dy Priscilla

2 Likes

When u germinate ur seeds how do you it and what type of soil are you using and how long do you leave ur plants in solo cups for and what nutrients are u using

2 Likes

They are flowering at 6 weeks old as thet should be. The problem is why your plants are only 4" tall at 6 weeks old.

You may have done this a little too early, which stressed plants and stalled them out. Then started flowering based on plant maturity even though they were small. Do you have these in a journal here? I would like to check out rather that typing out a bunch of questions.

1 Like

You’re being WAY to gentle with them in early growth. Grow in coco , give them 2x+ more light, water them everyday , use hydro nutrients ( I prefer jacks 321 with a splash of humic and fulvic once a week). I do believe autos are good for beginners because it’s a trial by fire and teaches you if your setup would grow decent photo plants( can’t grow a good photo in a setup that stunts autos)

2 Likes

I did an experiment with my ILGM skittlze…this year In germination I had one that grew awkwardly…Not listening to my inner grow ninja spirit ,I went ahead and germed two more…well I f`ed up cause I should have better known better and left them alone…one was small and one actually had “helmet head” and I tried to rectify it with a toothpick and ended up pulling it out of the medium ,when I replanted it it can me out fine. I had two good ones and the third would have been okay but I got busy and didn’t replant it I kept it in the peat pot then in a 4’ container…Oh it was the cutest little 3" plant but a waist!! Its okay though… by the way Im outdoors…So Im not sure what you did wrong but as the others said …I agree!

1 Like

Yes I do. Laverne and Shirley.
But I just tied them back last night or the night before. They were flowering for a couple of weeks before I did the semi “LST”.
I did it to try to get light to the whole thing. I cut like 6 big leaves (between both plants) and then gently tied them over a little. They seem actually to be loving it. But I’m totally lost on the fact that I can’t get more colas out of it but these pistils are really going crazy.
I hope to get some reading done but not till after my Packers game!
Just a couple of pics of the before and afters

1 Like

I germinated in a small glass of water for 72 hours in the dark closet.
They are in 3 ga. smart pots, ocean forest soil and Earth Dust.
But I started them in Dixie cups, transferred to big pots without any stress…

@dbrn32 the after pics didn’t come up.

I used the first dose of the fox farm trio on my first grow. Immediately after one died, the other stunted (Priscilla is about 11 weeks old and only 4" also …)
I can’t lie I’m scared of all the mixing and measuring. I’m old now and can’t focus very well on all that. But this Earth Dust I really like. And while stunted, Laverne & Shirley lol super healthy.
I think I keep my lights too close after I had a problem with Priscilla and Lucy (1st grow) stretching and reaching for the light. So I lowered them down in height and raised the power on the lights.
They are probably about 15" above the dirt right now.
Should I raise the light and the power?
Right now, the plants that are in there are getting about 45-50 DLI and about 700ish on PPFD.
I just want some non-stunted plants…lol. My stash is running out!

These are going to bulk up but remain small.

Just water until the plant tells you differently. FF soil will carry you a long way and those plants have not used up the medium. Less is more with cannabis.

I’d leave the lights as is right now.

2 Likes

See ive never had this problem of having a small plant like this it very well could come down to genetics or a bad batch of seeds but it is highly unlikely to be bad seeds ,if you have more seeds of the same strain i want you to try something different get ur self some make removel pads just the plain cotton ones then i want you to place a pad on a plate spray with water and place a seed on the pad then place a pad on top of the other pad and spray with water cover the plate with plastic wrap and put small holes in plastic wrap and put the plate in warm dark place the seed should pop after 24-30 hours once popped i want you to get a solo cup put some soil in the cup about half inch from the top then put the seed into the soil in the solo cup and then place solo cup under ur light when it pops up i want u to grow this in the solo cup until the plants leaves are about a inch or two over the edge of the cup .i just want u to try this to see if it is the seed which is the problem or to see if it is something that you maybe doing wrong

1 Like

Will do! Thanks for the advice and I will try it soon. I still have 16 LSD autos from ilgm. The first two were also stunted. One is still alive. Priscilla is also just 4" y’all and looks like one little bud. But another friend (@Fiz) on here growing the same seed, had a small plant too but kept it going and now has an absolutely beautiful plant!
I’m willing to try anything lol

1 Like

When u do the soil in the solo cup mix some worm castings in the soil thats wat i do .here are my babies

If the plant still comes out the same it has to be the seeds

4 Likes

You rang? :wink: I decided to put Lucy in the dark tonight, she is finishing 11 weeks and her trichomes are pretty much all cloudy. She finished at 20 inches tall, was 16 days old when she showed her first flower, and week 4 was full on flowering. Short and chunky.

5 Likes

That’s effin beautiful!!!
Wow :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That is truly a beautiful plant… Just stunning. I’d be sad to cut her down :pleading_face: but I bet her :dash::honeybee::fire:
Lmfao!
Congrats!!! Amazing work!
All the love you put in to her… She’ll be returning back to you soon!!!
Super impressive :raised_hand::1st_place_medal::alien:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I do feel weirdly sad, she’s become my “pet”.

And I agree about the love. I’m hoping I have good luck with her sisters, and have the whole thing to go through again.

3 Likes