I'm probably paranoid

Does this girl look healthy to you? I feel like she’s gettin a little yellowish.

1 Like

Good evening :blush:. How old is this seedling and what soil is it in? :blush::v:

This baby is like 19 days old. Just growing it in potting soil from the store (i think miracle gro). Growing super slow. Pretty sure it is stunted a little bit :sweat_smile:

That would do it. Miracle Gro isn’t a super canna-friendly soil.

Moreover, she looks a bit like she’s overwatered. How often are you watering and how much when you water?

5 Likes

Hey @eisenhorn I think we can help but can you give some more information on your grow.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you are not sure, just bring it to our attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

Indoor or outdoor? INDOOR - size of grow? 3 PLANTS

Origin of seeds? MSNL COM

Regular, feminized, or autoflower? FEM

Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? SOURCE (HOME RO SYSTEM) - PH 6 - EC/TDS UNKNOWN

PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? PH 6

Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. COCO

Nutrients or fertilizer system used. FOXFARM (HAVE NOT USED ANY NUTRIENTS AT THIS POINT IN TIME, ONLY SEEDLING STAGE)

What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. LED GROW LIGHTS (AC INFINITY)

What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? DAY - 80 DEGREES F - NIGHT 65 DEGREES F

What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? 40% DAYTIME AND 35% NIGHT (EST)

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? HOME AC

Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? 4" INLINE FAN (AC INFINITY)

Co2 Yes / No? NO

How long have you been growing? 1 MONTH

What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? WHATEVER

If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other? NA

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir? NA

I water every 3 days. I took the dome off after 15 days (i thought the roots would establish by then)

I watered a lot today until runoff (RO water PH 6.5) because I thought she looked like a bit too much Nitrogen

2 Likes

That and ya soil is your problem my guy! You should barely be watering them. Maybe around 5ml - 10ml every other day or so. Maybe even less. Spray bottle is your savior in this case.

2 Likes

Ahh. Still over watering. I should have mentioned that I only use a little bit of water. But I’ll go back to the spray bottle :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t recommend the spray bottle. An ounce of water or so around the canopy line :metal:

1 Like

Hey @eisenhorn, the Rhizosphere. Once this area is happy your whole plant will be happy.
I would increase humidity to ~80% during the day. I don’t usually suggest a spray bottle but until your plants have some root growth mist the leaves in the morning but not before lights out. At this stage your root zone is still developing. Your roots can’t supply enough water so your leaves are drying out too much. Need to monitor your VPD and keep in range based on the stage your plant is in.

I would use a root stimulant like General Hydroponics Rapid Start.

The one thing that will power your plant through harvest. Get your root zone inoculated with some Beneficial Microbes to colonize the root zone.

Crap. I thought the roots would be good after two weeks.

I got mykos delivered today :raised_hands: so I’ll be adding that soon! I’m also blasting the humidifer so I got 75-85% RH going in the tent now

How do I know when to start watering without the spray bottle?

I never spray bottle. It can make really weak roots. Doesn’t quite soak enough. They want that wet to dry cycle.

1 Like

Still need to water the roots but also mist your leaves in the morning after light on.
Once you have a few more rows of leaves and water is getting sucked out of the pot. You can try lifting your pot each morning and determine the change in weight. Over time you’ll know when your soil is depleted of H2O.

Mycos will help you once it get established. You’ll start seeing a difference in a week. Beneficial Microbes are present in natural soil but so is the non-beneficial type. Make sure your Mycos is sealed and fresh not expired before you bust the seal. Read directions as that stuff has a self life and expiration date. Store sealed tight in a cool area.

1 Like

Ahhh thanks for the tips!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Respectfully, throw away any spray bottle you have near your grasp.

Spray bottles are for applying foliar feed and pest control, shouldn’t be used for anything else. That’s how plants get water-boarded to death.

Imo, there’s no point to doing that if RH is good. They’ll get more moisture from the air and the spray bottle won’t be close at hand to tempt a new grower to mist the soil.

Never water with a spray bottle. While they’re small, pop a solo cup over your plant, and water the bottom of the cup - it’ll run off and form a nice water ring around the base of your plant. It will encourage her to grow her roots outward toward the ring of moisture. Once she’s too big for the solo, just make a habit of watering in a wide circle around her.

Also resist the urge to do this. These plants need water when they’re dry and the pot is light, not on a schedule. It may a lot longer than 3 days to dry out.

4 Likes

Personally, I’ve found very good use of it and keeps me from overwatering. I find it pretty helpful imo but everyone has their own techniques of course :)) as a beginner it has kept me from overwatering as long as I’ve made sure the pot dries in between.

2 Likes

You doing straight coco?

If so, the problem your having is that with coco you need to feed every time you water. You can water as much as you want, you can’t overwater coco. Start feeding that poor thing.

Additionally, when using coco the feeding has to have added cal-mag. What kind of coco did you use? Was it pre buffered? If not that will cause considerable issues as well.

If you are growing in coco you need to spend a few days at cocoforcannabis.com to learn everything you need to be successful growing with coco.

I don’t think so.

:thinking:

1 Like