I'm new and really need to be pointed in the right direction

Good morning! I am completely new to growing I’m currently looking online trying to figure out what seeds would be best for me to try first. What I was thinking was doing a indoor grow with a grow box ordered from Amazon. I guess my questions are where do I start what products should I be getting how should I be setting everything up what are the day today things I need to do for the plants. If I get a grow box that can hold for plants on average how often will I be able to harvest and what should I expect to get on each Harvest I know there’s no exact science to how much cannabis you get at each Harvest time but I’m just wondering what’s the minimum I should expect and what’s the most I could get. I’m just so sick of giving these dispensaries my hard-earned money when I could be doing it myself for not even a tenth of the price

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM @Rizzo1
This is a great place to put all of that together. From what I have seen here, most folks that buy the grow boxes always with they would have just bought a tent. For four plants you should probably consider a 4x4 tent.

There is a lot that you are going to need, but let’s start with seeds. First we need to know roughly what you are treating? ILGM has a wide range of seeds from great Sativas to get through the day and Indica’s for more pain relief or evening use.

I think we have a list of things to but for new growers, let me see if I can find it.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting sour diesel, white widow, or pineapple Express

2 Likes

Those are all solid choices!

Here is the list I was talking about! @Rizzo1

2 Likes

Once you get a look through that ask questions or we can discuss any part of the that. It’s merely a list that gives you a good idea of what to expect and what you will need

2 Likes

Unfortunately where I’m living right now I can’t do a tent I can only do a odorless grow box that I can discreetly have in my bedroom that’s why I was trying to find out what would be the best steps for approaching that to get the best cannabis possible with that grow method

Ok I hear ya. @BIGE was using a grow box and maybe he knows others.

1 Like

I’ve never owned a “ready to grow” box, but I looked at them for a long time. There are a few things I’ve gathered based on several threads and reviews read.

First of all, like @bob31 said… 4 plants in any of the smaller sizes is being very optimistic. It can be done, but you’d want to have a little experience with how things work in the box first. And probably some first hand knowledge of the strain you’re working with. It would probably be best to start your first grow with one, maybe 2 plants. You can yield the same amount with one plant as 4 plants, it will just require a little more veg time. Continuing with the yeild, you’re also going to want to provide your plants with plenty of light and good ventilation.

It seems to reach the full potential of the grow boxes, most people eventually end up replacing the light, fans, and filters they’re supplied with. Especially on the lower cost models. So definitely take a look at the components supplied vs price. Most of them come with pc type fans and sheet type carbon filter, and they don’t always work the best. If you get one that doesn’t perform well, it’s would probably cost at least $100 to upgrade. Same thing with the lights…very few come with lighting that will maximize the potential of the box. That may not be a big deal to you, but you should at least consider what you’re getting for the amount you’re paying. Some of them come with very good lights, but those also come with a higher overall price. So definitely keep that in mind while you’re shopping.

You can definitely grow weed in one of those cheaper ready to grow options, so I don’t want to steer you away from that as an option. But I also wanted to share potential shortcomings of them as well.

3 Likes

Hi, @Rizzo1, I started with a grow box and found it was small, I have built my own grow box 2x2x6 ft. It is fine for growing one plant maybe two with training. White Widow autoflower has been my choice. All the information so far in this forum has been spot on.

3 Likes

@Rizzo1, I built my own out of rigid Styrofoam and metalized tape for about $60. The only tools are a sharp knife, a tape measure and a straight edge. If you are limited for space I would agree that 1 plant would be a good idea. My indoor grow is 4’ X 6’ X 6’ and can only hold 3 mature plants.

The single best thing you can do is download the Grow Bible and read it before spending any money and ASK QUESTIONS!

1 Like

Welcome @Rizzo1 welcome
Glad you started your own thread
@bob31 has you covered
The list inbthe thread he poste d is pretty solid as far as news equipment
Your looking at spending a few $ to get started
As bos stated ifvyou have questions regarding the list tag one or more of us so we see the question :+1:

2 Likes

You guys are awesome and so helpful thank you so much! Okay so I’ll get a grow box from Amazon and start with 2 plants to start! What’s the most you guys have ever harvested from one plant using a indoor grow box? Or most you’ve ever heard of one plant yielding from a grow box?

There’s a lot of variables that come into play @Rizzo1
But you can get 6-8 ounces easy off a photo plant in proper conditions more if training techniques
And 1 or more ounces off Autos
But again many variables

1 Like

If I were you I’d do one plant. Use a fem. photo seed so you can veg. until it’s grown larger than if you had two plants to grow in the room. With training and luck going your way you can get at least a half pound. The most important thing is going to be you keeping everything in check. PH. PPM’s don’t over feed. Good Luck to you.

1 Like

Hi @Rizzo1 welcome. You have started in the right direction by joining this forum. There are TONS of helpful, wonderful people here and even newbies (like me). the pros don’t mind holding our hands and walking us through the whole process.

One thing I might suggest (if it hasn’t been mentioned already, sorry didn’t read all the posts on your thread) is to go to the Grow Journal section and read, read, read. You will find lots of good useful (and if you find mind even some not-so-useful, but very entertaining) information about set-up and day-to-day operation.

Good luck!

WARNING: Although smoking/vaping/eating MJ might not be addicting, growing it definitely is!! :crazy_face: :wink::seedling: :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like