I'm lazy so here is my "Grow Box "grow

Other tent is exploding with growth. Added 2 -20 watt 660nm cobs to it for flowering.
Still waiting for the UV lights to show up.

4 Likes

I hope everybody had a fun and safe Forth of July.
I cut down the 2 Critical’s that were in their own pots in the front.
This is whats still going in the flower tent.

Other side of the room I have switched to flowering cycle and trimmed the lowers a bit more.

Its getting crowded electrical wise on top of the lights. My UV lights should be showing up this week and the will add 2 more cords.

6 Likes

Cutting 1 plant at a time to dry is allowing the THC Bomb to go that little extra.

The Critical’s that were in the front of the tent ended up real light after drying, so those ended up in the bin to be made into hash. The Green Crack’s had really tight buds. The nicest one gave me 4.8 ounces of nice bud. The 2nd is still drying. Of course I let all those clones go so I don’t have any backups of them.

5 Likes

Other tent has been turned to 12/12 and kicked up a little in wattage. You can’t tell but I trimmed a lot in here. The uv lights came but were 220v (not what their listing said.) so I got them for free. I might look for a driver for them and bypass the onboard one.

5 Likes

Congratulations on the harvests!
Wow, those recently flipped girls look great. :v::green_heart:

1 Like

I am surprised how quick they are growing. I probably should have flipped sooner. just 4 plants in the earthbox. The White Gold (pot in front left) I had to put on a pail to get the canopy to the right height. I hope the Criticals produce better than the 2 that were in the other tent.

1 Like

Another week and the flowering tent is doing pretty good. I raised led light height (again) and dialed about 40 watts more to the boards.

I cut the THC bomb down and I’m going to try re-vegging the grow box.

3 Likes

I believe it is 4 weeks in on the currently flowering tent. Water consumption is higher than it was in the other tent under flower. Instead of 3 gallons every 2 days it is taking an easy 4 gallons every 2 days.

I did even more clean up on the lowers.

The clones I took from my sons “Green Crack” are doing great. I put 4 in soil already that had easily 3 times the roots that this ones showing. I’m not sure why some are slower developing roots than others,they have all been treated the same.

And the other (now veg) tent with the new clones and the 3 strains my friend gave me to clone out for next year’s grow, the Great White Shark seed I dropped, and I’ll see if The ones I just chopped will reveg

2 Likes

I skipped a week (not much difference) and this is what is going on.
I believe it is week 6 of flower.

A closer look at a bud.

2 Likes

Skipped another week as not too much going on. Looks like I’m entering week 8 of flower. Fan leaves are being consumed as the plant is entering its golden years. I lowered the wattage a little from the full out it was in. Down to 390w from 428w
Fighting some white flies I brought in on some clones in the current veg tent.

not much sugar coating on leaves. The buds feel solid but I think they will bulk up a little more.

4 Likes

Won’t be long now. Nice buds, that last pic looks like a double bud on top. She was a real potassium hog, judging from her leaves. :v::green_heart:

1 Like

I’ve got 2 of those two headed buds. I just pinch a little off the bud when it is first forming.
I think I could be a little hot on the nute’s almost all the tips are burned.
or it could be light burn. I did raise the light when I turned it down a little.
Light meter gives me a reading of 749umol m’s on the outside with the door open so it would be higher closed. I unplugged the far red and got 689umol m’s so it is nice to know that’s doing something.
Almost done, getting cloudy

3 Likes

Outside grow looking good.

4 Likes

They are getting close, but still bulking up.

The White gold isn’t getting any plumper and the stats I have say 7-9 weeks of flower for that strain.Tricombs are still mostly clear.
The growbox has out performed the 2 gallon bags in every grow I have done. The bags were not root bound when I removed them after last grow. Plants of the same age grew bigger and had larger stems at the base in the growbox. This is the least amount of plants(4 plants) at one time in the growbox the past 2 grows. I usually run 6 clones in the box. I think I will try just 2 plants in the next grow and see what that does. This last grow has used more gallons of water than any grow previous. and temps haven’t been too high.
I had to look back thru the journal to see how long since these plants were started. It looks like the middle of May is when I put the clones in the growbox.
So its taken 3 1/2 months to get to this point. I guess that is about right 4 months start to finish.

3 Likes

Hello I looked at your pictures and saw something in your tent I have a question? The INline fan you have it just poking into the tent venting out off the tent and I think it would give me more floor room. I like it. How do you support it on the outside? Our tent is a vivosun 4x4x5ft. I also must say your outside girl is huge. I have one in a wooden box i have grwon veggies in it for 5 years all good topsoil mixed with sand and cow poop mushroom compost and Western Grail she is 4ft by 6 ft round and by our weather up here we should by good till early NOV. to harvest. This is a earlier picture of her

2 Likes

I just put a 4" inline fan into the exhaust and closed the draw strings on both sides around the openings. During the summer the tent temps get a little high as it doesn’t move quite enough air. Ambient in that room can get to the low 90’sF.
I have another 4" fan that outputs a higher CFM but the housing won’t fit in the "pocket"of the tent I was going to run venting into the port and connect the larger CFM fan to it but temps have dropped in the room to 75F so I won’t need to do that till next summer.
My big (6ft) plant fell over from underground rodent activity last month. I tied it up (from 1 direction0 and it fell a different way… Tied it 3 ways watered the heck out of it, and it is still kicking. About another week to go before cutting.
I need to do some bud shots of it, they are getting frosty. Much more than the indoor grow does. On another note I redid the light for that tent I’ll have to do an update on that too…LOL Never a dull moment.
Your outdoor must be getting frosty by now. What part of the world are you in?
If you didn’t see I am in the Bay area of California. Just about the best year round weather on the planet.

Here is the larger of the outdoor grow and a bud shot

6 Likes

Update on the indoor grow:pulled the "earthbox apart and it had more roots than I have ever seen in the reservoir.This was with 4 plants (I usually put 6 )

Some of the buds this grow were pretty dense but a bunch were a lighter.
Changing the lay out of the light.I had 7 of the QB120’s with a 480w driver.
with 2 added 660nm 20w cobs running @50w with the fans.
I pulled the center QB and went with a 320W driver for the 6 QB120’s. the center had higher ppfd readings by about 100 before , now its pretty even.
then I added 4 Growdaddy light strips 2 UV w/IR and 2 660nm running off of
a 75W driver.

Tent got Bug bombed and then washed out with H2O2. Tore the visosun fan apart and lubed it as it was starting to make a little noise.

3 Likes

Its been a while since I posted, so most of the outdoor is drying and I turn my attention to the indoor grow.
In the earthbox I only put 2 plants this time. I have a cutting from my brother “Alien Rock candy” and a cloned Green Crack from a previous grow. His buds on this strain didn’t look very impressive, but it clones easy. as does the Green Crack. I’ve gotten good reviews on the Green crack and White gold.

In the front in the 2 gal. bags are a white gold and a dosi dos.
A Blueberry muffin that is being a b**ch to clone that is flowering age in the other tent would have been in here too but waiting for success on a clone.

2 Likes

Unbelievable growth in 7 days in the “growbox” I did add the air pump to the reservoir after what I saw on root development in the prior grow. It seems to really help with the root development. The soil plants did not see as much development over the week. I may have to raise the white gold pot (front left) to get an even canopy.

I better put the light timer at 12/12 tonight or I will run out of room in the tent.

3 Likes