I'm lazy so here is my "Grow Box "grow

2.4 grams per gallon on the master blend with 1.2 G per gallon flower fuel Plus calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate, Silica, hydroguard, and supplemental cal-mag as needed. I have not used the Cal Mag in a while now, as I turn the light intensity down it eliminated the need for extra calimag and ran 3.6 of the masterblend until flowering from the start. My largest strawberry kush looks like it might not like all of the feed but 2 smaller and younger ones look better and I have 4 Black Widow that are eating everything I throw at them. PPM going in is right at 850 so not overkill and I used 3.6g so I would match jacks formula better.
Also on the strawberry kush so far they have yellowed at 4-6 weeks previous grows so I think it is somewhat genetic. I will tag you to my grow so you can see how well they are doing.

Lets call it 2 weeks since flip to 12hr days for the girls.
I’m using the same nut mix in the reservoir that I give to the the 2 critical’s in pots.
The one Critical on the right is a much deeper green than the other one in the other pot, and the ones in the growbox.

Her clones are all greener than any of the others also.
I am going to set up the next growbox with a batch of clones and feed with Master blend. I am undecided which strain to do. I like the looks of the 2nd Critical. It seems to thrive on the light and Masterblend . I haven’t flowered any of the 4 different strains in the flowering tent yet to see what they are like finished. THC Bomb claims to have bigger buds and higher THC than the others so that is a consideration.

3 Likes

3rd week since flip. Looking pretty good.

Stacking nicely…

5 Likes

My 40"X40"X80" tent finally arrived. It sat for 4 days, just 45 minutes from my house before being dispatched for delivery. it was tight to setup but I got it in.Just made it under the filter.

Had to print a high CFM kit,

and if I was adding a couple pots I needed to make pot risers

Using the same growbox that I started this journal with I am even using the same soil. I just broke it up and pulled the roots…

5 Likes

Notice the string of uv lights in the flowering tent. Not sure if it will do anything but its a small load…

2 Likes

Opps, a day late on the update.
The flowering tent is taking 3 gallons of water every 2 days. I’m running the light at 387 watts and not burning leaves like the last grow, even though the lights are closer to the canopy.

4 Likes

Veg tent is doing just fine.

I dropped a Great White Shark (fem) a couple weeks ago and its looking nice

3 Likes

5 weeks since the girls got switched to 12 hrs a day of light.
I gave just straight water to them yesterday. Runoff on the 2 in the pot’s was at 2114 ppm and 6.5 ph

This is one of the Cush AKA Green Crack.

This is the THC Bomb

Someone in the tent has a nice fruity aroma. It seems like its coming from the Green Crack in the back left but it could be the Mango (back right).
Clipping leaves they are super sticky.

4 Likes

Other tent with the 3 week old Great White Shark Doing OK too.

3 Likes

Week 6 since flip. They are still consuming 3 gallons every 2 days in the flower tent. But looking good.

A couple shots of the Green Crack:

A grower friend of mine mentioned that some of his buddies add granulated sugar to their watering’s.
I’ll give that a shot on the Critical #2 and see what happens.

2 Likes

Other tent got a new DIY light using HLG QB120’s. My costs were only about $250 and some time repurposing some Aluminum angle from my old Satellite dish.
Tent is a 40"X40" so I made the light 34"X34". That way it can still fit in the 36" tent. It has a HLG 480H 2800 driver. That will run from 30W to 455W. Currently set at 260W and the panels are barely warm. Wall to wall coverage. A friend gave me a couple Dosidos’s and a Blueberry Muffin to grow out and sex. also re-potted the Great white Shark

This is all that’s left of the 130 something clones I made.

3 Likes

Another week down and they are looking pretty good. 7th week of flower. 1-3 weeks left. It looks like the Green Crack will be done first.

This is a Green Crack

and this is the THC Bomb

3 Likes

The new tent has taken off with the new light.

I think they might be too big for solo cups…

3 Likes

Beautiful buds :heart_eyes: that green crack is nice and frosty.
How much medium does your grow box hold?

2 Likes

That is a good question. I never measured. I use less than 1/2 of a 32(dry quart) bag of soil. So maybe between 12 and 14 quarts.
This grow is the first time that I didn’t use the fertilizer and mat that goes on top. It’s more like a hydro grow that wicks the water up. I’ve never seen this much root in the reservoir either. I just mix up the MasterBlend Fertilizer (Like Jacks) and pour it in. Other than having to weigh the 3 different chemicals and mix, it is really easy. The second tent I reused the soil in that box. I just pulled the stalks and as much of the roots that were in there and added clones. Strangely there is a deficiency of some type on the 2 plants on the right that didn’t show on the left plants. I have tried top watering to flush it with straight water then let it take what it wants from the reservoir
I have 3 of those “boxes” but my wife hijacked 1 and is growing onions outside. :sob:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info :blush: I have a couple earthbox’s that each hold 15 gallons of living soil. I have one girl in each. I’ve thought about trying 2 plants in my box like you have done. I just wasn’t sure how well it would work out. It looks like your 2/box are doing great. I may just try one my Acapulco gold finishes up.

Oh wow, onions huh :rofl: those grow great in the ground, but you’ve probably already told her that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:
I have seen some homemade sip boxes made with storage tubs and pvc pipe. That might be a nice option for your wife. I bet they grow one hell of a tomato plant…or 2 :wink:
Thanks again for the information, I appreciate it
:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

I made an earth box out of 2 rubbermaid containers for my brother to grow indoors about 7 years ago. I wonder if he still has it LOL That took twice the amount of soil as these little ones.
These would probably work great for a COCO grow. I like the just pour it in the reservoir and every couple day fill again. It doesn’t over water.
Soil here, in the Bay area is a clay so you really need to amend it for root crops.
Is the reservoir on your earth box very big? It holds more soil than mine. You could potentially go longer between fill ups if its good size. When mine are young I only need to water every 8 days.
I’m not sure which is better for how long they veg verses quantity for how many to put in a box. I always thought that more plants could go with less veg time,
Your box holds more soil.(not sure of size) so you could maybe put more clones in and go a shorter veg time.
My flowering box (had new strains) was grown out so I could make a bunch of clones for spring so they were taller than they should have been before flowering. I’m about to flip that new tent.I’m waiting on some reds and UV to add to that light first. Now I have to go steal another netting from my motorcycle :rofl:
When you have it set up tag me and let me see how yours works out for you.

2 Likes

My reservoir holds 2.5 gallons and 1.5 in flower when the roots starts filling the reservoir. I start with just top watering then once they have their roots under them, I start filling the reservoir. I have to fill every 3-5 days early on but in flower I have to fill it daily with 1-1.5 gallons. I love how easy it is. It definitely would work great for Coco. I thought about building a couple with Rubbermaid containers for the porch veggies. I’ll tag you in my journal. I’m terrible about keeping it updated and worse about laying out what I’m doing. I have a 30g, 2-15g a 10g and a 7g pot of living soil also.
Congrats on the UV and red lighting. The girls will love that :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

I think my res holds 2 gal. I mix 3 gal., add 2 to res. then about 1/2G per pot on the potted ones
I know what you mean … I missed a couple days here and there but thought, “shit gottta take pics and upload”. It actually allows me to remember timelines on the grow. I really wouldn’t remember how long things are growing.
I’m going to see if my brother still has the rubbermaid box I made for him. Wife’y doesn’t want to give back the box she took. what a shock :astonished:

2 Likes

A day late (I was wrenching on a ZZR600 for my son) by the time I got back into the house the lights were off. Its the last week for the girls. :hourglass_flowing_sand: I will just give them straight water for the next 2 waterings (4 days). Then, lights out. :axe:

4 Likes