I'm just wondering if things are moving along right or am I doing something wrong

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I’m attaching a photo and I’m just wondering if things are moving along right or am I doing something wrong. The photos are at 19 days from when they popped out of the soil. I’m doing this outside and give them full power sunlight everyday. To me it seems like they should be further along than this at THIS stage. Way further. I might be over reacting but would really appreciate your input. Here are the stats…

-Blueberry (fem)
-Total organic composted soil (no chemicals)
Just water (kept on the dryer side not too much)

Those pics are taken outside under the sun? They look very lime green - nitrogen starved.

You didn’t ammend the compost with anything? Did you do a slurry test on the compost and see what sort of PPMs and PH it read before you planted in it? If not, do you have some more of the compost you can use?

My personal opinion is they look like they need a little food.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info. I kept reading where seedlings don’t need anything or it will hurt them. I’m a total rookie and have researched so much my head is spinning. I get it about the color. How about the size? Are they good in that aspect or should they be bigger? Thanks again

2 Likes

Are they all photoperiod plants? If so, I think you will be fine and their size is fine. If they are autoflowers you will want to get them a healthier green and growing ASAP.

Thank you for your help. Would a 12-12-12 be too much at this stage or should it just be nitrogen?

1 Like

What kind of nutrients do you have or are you planning on using?

1 Like

1–support the babies with pipe cleaners loosely looped around the stem.

2–get fertilizer. If you don’t want chems…get some fish emulsion. 5-1-1
best to use the three part chem stuff. it makes it adjustable to needs and different strains.
start at 20% and adjust as needed

3–get some information about growing…free book download here.

your plants are starved for nitrogen

1 Like

Could be a lockout if the OP is not PH’ing the input liquid…

2 Likes

Hmmmm. Could off pH of (no nute) water ur pouring on seedlings hamper nute uptake throught the cotyledons?

1 Like

Agreed. However, I made my base soil for all my outdoor plants using organic compost… I did a slurry test on it and it was around 400ppm.

Hopefully the OP has a way to measure TDS and PH.

3 Likes

The seedlings look overwatered and the soil doesnt look like it has sufficient drainage. I wouldnt put any nutes on until 4 or 5 full leaves are grown. just my .02

2 Likes