I'm HCG! Come along with me for a summer's grow

@hangthebanksters Was it Kellogg’s? If it is it has almost killed my plants 2x way too much clay.and I just realized they were stating to look funky well yea they were drowning they were so water logged and how I figured it out was the water just sat on top of the soil so I started messing with them got the water to drain and let them dry totally out and slowly added a tiny bit of water and they are okay now. Just wondering because this has never happened and it’s the first time I used it, never again

@highcountrygal you are spot on. The POS Kellogs mix is the culprit. Here is my re-boot of the season. I changed my soil mix and the results are significant. I will be harvesting the failures and making kief from the airy buds. Hopefully 2018 V2 will produce some solid outdoor results.
Strains:
blackberry kush
chemdog 2
whitewidow x super skunk
girls scout cookies
amnesia lemon

1 Like

@Irish Here I am enjoy!

Nice set up! and they do look alot better. Are you by Wally world off of 8 or by 67

Lake Jennings with the outlaws :wink:

1 Like

@hangthebanksters Los Coches Rd told you you are my neighbor:)

Absolutely gorgeous really nicely done!!

hows the ladies doing @highcountrygal? I chopped my lackluster ladies down yesterday and replaced them with my back up plans.

1 Like

@hangthebanksters I have been trying to update all day it’s one of those. Check out this cola

7 Likes

Nice! Here are a couple of mine.

3 Likes

@hangthebanksters Those are nice! The ones you just pulled? I am so tired of this heat I think it’s been over 100 for the past 3 weeks. The one I showed you is nearing 7 1/ 2 feet, Amnesia Haze and it is one cola that may top 4 ft. It has grown straight up and down. I will try to get my update done tonight or first thing in the mornin. I just bet you are lookin down in my backyard as we speakLOL

2 Likes

yes i harvested on Sunday. My amnesia lemon was totally affected by the heat. The colas were very sparse and airy partly due to the soil problem but also genetics i believe

Waaaaaw! Long and strong hanging tower colaaa!!!

@mulegal @Mrcrabs @smitty87 @hangthebanksters @Holmes @Sasquatch et al

This has not been my growing year. Sitting here yesterday I just happened to turn around and my beautiful big Gold Leaf was lying on the ground bucket and all on the scortching dirt. I came close to being airborn! I have a funnel like thing that shoots a nice breeze through my backyard and it sent a cannon blast and toppled her. By God I picked her up and bucket still attached got her back up and watered her and she was fine except a few burnt leaves from the hot ground and a tiny broken stem didn’t faze her a bit gave me more gray hair. As I was fixing this issue the 7 1/2 footer was rocking back and forth so I went around the yard and found bricks and now the heaviest and tallest have been weighted down. Super testament for gypsum a plant without it would have snapped in half. Then I lost both tomato plants to spider mites so those are gone. Saw it before they got to the girls I hope. This heat is killing my citrus as well. My sdge bill was 300.00 for a month. Okay on my way out to see if all is well

5 Likes

I told you a farmers work is never done and it don`t wait HCG, glad you got it up and all is well…

2 Likes

Id rather have some heat than all this rain and mold

2 Likes

@highcountrygal Glad to hear that the Gold Leaf will make a full recovery, and I will do a rain dance for you:grinning:

2 Likes

Some heat is an understatement. Its hot as hades here everyday. I’m watering the gals in the ground 2X a day and the potted plants are virtually impossible to keep hydrated. My experience with the strains that do better in this environment are sativa dominant. We did get some fall weather foreshadowing today with higher humidity and some scattered sprinkles.

2 Likes

I barely get enough sunlight to dry up the morning dew. And with the rains we’ve been getting have compounded things. 1 of the plants I took down had colas as big as your wrist already and had 8 wks to go… I talked with a guy a couple days ago at a grow shop and they told me there are lots of people and farmers been loosing crops to this crappy weather.

3 Likes

@hangthebanksters I think we got a total of 37 raindrops! I am so sick of this! Have you got your sdge bill yet? It will turn your stomach raising prices when it’s so hot my friend has to make payments

1 Like