A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks
“I’m Albert and I just started growing. I’m about 8 weeks into veg. I’m having a problem with identifying a deficiency, was wondering if you could help in anyway. I just recently got a ph meter since funds have been low. I been giving it water from about 6.5 to 7 ph. I have it in an indoor grow tent 4x4x7ft with hps light 400wt. The room it’s in gets a little warmer then should about 88 to 89 degrees. I’m working on that but plants seem to be OK, just yellowing from bottom upwards and not sure if it’s a ph balance still or a nitrogen and I was wondering if you could help me out. Much appreciated here are some pics of plants. I got 4 gsc”
"Just a little about how I got started. My partner and I decide we wanted to start a grow. So we looked around and thru friends already involved in growing we got some info. We decided to give it a try. This is our 1st time growing plants this big after having some troubles early on, on our real 1st grow attempt. We got knowledge from other posts and hightimes, for me personally it got confusing cuz everyone has different styles and it was a lot of mixed information. After having come across ILGM’s site and reading the infos, it helped a lot and is more clearer. I recently bought the ebook grow bible from online to help but by then I already had the 4 plants. So here is the info you asked for as much to my knowledge about everything.
- Strain = girl scout cookies from a friend that cloned them
- Soil in pots= started with happy frog n after transplanting to 5 gallon pot I used vermasoil from what the dude at hydro store recommended
- Ph = at 1st I started with tap water from kitchen sink cuz I didn’t know better. Then a friend told me to use purified water since the leaves were turning yellow. After awhile they got green again so I figure all’s well. After doing some reading from your bible I saw that you have to test water so since funds were low I couldn’t yet do that. Once I got a ph meter I tested it and water was way low at 4.0. I then started to test water after and put 6.5 to 7 ph of water in pots. So early on I didn’t know what the ph was until I got the meter. So ph I’m putting is from 6.5 to 7 ph and the runoff is just bout the same
- Nutrients = fish fertilizer. As far as the strength na since I was given a water bottle full of it and been using that
- Indoor or outdoor: It’s an indoor grow tent
- Lights = hps light with 400wt
- Temp = na because not sure if you want from the light schedule it’s on and then when off or u want the temp of my area from were I live from day n night
- Humidity = na same as temps not sure which one
- Ventilation = 4 in carbon filter with fan/ 3 mini clip fans/ 4in intake fan/4in exhaust fan
- A.C. humidifier/ dehumidifier = na don’t have
- Co2= no
I hope this helps you to help me figure this problem out. I really want to fix before flowering like I said it’s been vegging for bout 8 weeks this August 30th. And so you get and idea of were I’m at on thinking what the problem is, I believe it’s a either ph, npk, is what I’m leaning towards just not to sure. As the bible says you want to be sure before you take action. P.S. Here’s a few pics of the 4 plants. Hope you can help and thanks again."