Im giving up on pressing flower nothing works

Ive tried temps of 85c,100c,110c

And you can press without using the micron bags unless your doing ounces or your pressing hash 210f 230f different stains will give different results

1 Like

Thank you sir. It really is a great smoke once cured. I usually press and put in glass jars straight 2 fridge

1 Like

If not, Try someone elseā€™s weed just to see.

What is the smallest amount to press?
Using a Dulytek 7 press. A True rookie

1 Like

I havenā€™t pressed nothing less than an 8th.

1 Like

I donā€™t know that there is an amount too small to press. But you have to be reasonable with your expectations on returns. If you get 20% return it would take 5 grams of flower to get 1 gram of rosin. Not every strain and/or setup will produce 20% returns either.

6 Likes

I just pressed 1 oz of my Blue Dream auto, got 5 grams for a 17.8% return. I do believe stuffing 14g into 7g bags was a bad idea with my NugSmasher Mini since it only comes with a 2 ton, resulting in a substantial loss due to lack of pressure.

4 Likes

So I didnā€™t get a chance to get back to my phone in time to edit my comment so hereā€™s the rest.

*My LSD yielded 33.3% so it definitely varies based on strain, age and condition of bud.

Donā€™t give up, chin up and Happy New Year.

2 Likes

Great yields. Whatā€™s the temp you are using and size micron bags

1 Like

90 micron, 7g bags stiffed with 14gā€™s each :flushed: (not a good idea I found afterwards).

200Ā° for 5 mins with 2 min no pressure warm up,

1 Like

If I could make 1 suggestion is just lower the temp. you will get less yield but your terpenes will amazing. I havenā€™t used 90 bags I usually use 120 for flower.

4 Likes

The rh of my flower is 62% is that good for pressing

4 Likes

True true! I was more experimenting with temps, I usually press my flower at 190Ā°.

1 Like

62% rh is good for pressing I pressed some flower that was around 50% and some of the same weed at 62% I got almost 2x as much pressing it at 62%

2 Likes

I started at 210Ā° and worked down until I found q nice common ground. Higher temp bigger yield but taste different. Canā€™t wait 2 press some hash

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see the results

3 Likes

@NavyVet420

Looking pretty all right I got to say.

I press using 90 Āµm bags for flower and I donā€™t typically go above about 180Ā°. The only time Iā€™ll press at like 200 or 210 is if I decide to do a second pressing which is in frequent.

62% humidity is definitely the accepted sweet spot and yeah when you press at lower Rh than that yields suffer quick.

I think youā€™re right on about reducing the amount of flour in that bag. I donā€™t actually think about how much flour I can load into a bag based on the bag itself I really just think of it like what the press can handle. I use a 4 ton press and I donā€™t usually try and press more than about 10 to 12 g at a time. Thatā€™s sort of the point of diminishing returns for me.

Iā€™ve kind of moved into pressing mostly bubble hash. I hash my flower before I press them basically

4 Likes

Hope all is well !!!

1 Like

Going well as could be, you?