I'm curious about auto flowering plants and wondered how they would fair for the remainder of the year

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thank

I’m very curious about auto flowering plants and wondered how they would fair for the remainder of the year.

They would do well, they are time dependent and dont go by the hours of the day.

Hi, first welcome to the ILGM forum. U will find answers to just about any MJ question u can think of.

Your question is unclear what info are you looking for? What do u mean for the rest of the year? An auto will go from seed to harvest on an average of 70-100 days. U have no control over how long they grow or when they will start flower.

If u have any specific question u can join the forum and get answers from many perspectives.

1 Like

that sentence was part of a larger statement…i had 5 big bud fems that didnt germinate and they replaced those… the replacement seeds dont look so good so i offhandly mention the fact that my growing season was too far gone to wait for more fem or regular seeds and wondered if auto’s would be a better choice to try and salvage something for this year… I live in tennessee and its a outside grow and daytime temps are already in the low 90’s and i really doubt a seedlings chance to get a start in that kind of weather…at least if i cant oversee them all day long…i.e. move pots from sun in the mornin and evening to a shady spot during the hottest part of the day…
so i suppose to elaborate… if i choose a auto for this kind of weather does anyone have a recommendation for a hardy strain that might get off to a good start in extremely high temps and humidity?

@dbc1958, I live in GA and planted my Low Ryder seeds on 5/1 and transplanted outside on 5/11. The reason I got the LR Auto was because of their hardiness and

great starter strain for new growers. I have mine in 5 gal planters out in the yard. It has been very rainy and humid but my girls are doing great. This is a picture from a few days ago.

Are you dropping into ground or are you going to start indoors? I started mine indoors in grow cells and heating mat. Mine stay out in straight sunlight, I gave up on moving them around to avoid the rain for last 2 weeks.

thanks that one does look good…Im guessing your weather is pretty much the same as mine :frowning: i added the other 2 big bud seeds to soak in a shotglass…and placed 2 in a paper towel after a 28 hour soak but im not seeing a tap root on these either… I’ll wait a little longer maybe up to 48 hours for these…if it doesnt happen this time I’ll give up on the big bud strain…

1 Like

I am having a horrible time with some big bud seeds as well. Seems to b a strain that is easily malfunctioned in germination

U could still put photos outside. I think that would be the way I would go. If u do autos u have time for 2 grows most likely. They average 65-100 days.

Start a grow journal with a support ticket and u can get some friendly and knowledgable help around here.

I don’t have a copy but @raustin probably does.

1 Like

He you go.

Support Ticket

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Thanks!

@dbc1958, I didn’t soak my seeds from ILGM. I put them straight in grow cells which I placed on a heat mat. Planted on 5/1 and by 5/5 I had all 5 popping through. I have a grow journal if you want to see the progress of my Low Ryder outdoor grow.

Best of luck!

1 Like

@Slowthoughts, you need to decide if you want indoor grow or outdoors. Seeds only get produced if you have a male plant around. Most autos are all female plants, meaning you will get buds only.

1 Like

Humi is problem for all of them I think. I have 85+ RH about 6 hours and right now both WW auto ang OG auto are fine. Temps are not problem for them.

If you cover them and gave some wind. Low temps stun them little but no worries yet high temps.

well i got my replacements…these didnt look like the first seeds and within 24 hours 2 popped a tap root while soaking in a shotglass…I kinda freaked out when the first 5 didnt germinate and ordered 5 seeds from oregon and got 5 white widow fem and 3 free skunk #1…these arrived one day after my ilgm replacements…i gave my 81 year oldmother one white widow and asked her to plant it so she just stuck it in some dirt in a cup…the 7 other seeds showed a tap root after soaking and have all been in a paper towel for 1 to 2 days and are going to be put in a cup of dirt today…
the big bud and these 2 others were handled in exactly the same manner…I have say kudos to ILGM for honoring their warrantee as promtply as they did but i think there is definately a problem with this strain…

@Slowthoughts, no worries. I am new to growing as well, this forum is a treasure trove of knowledge. I started with the most forgiving strain, Low Ryder. My temps have been in the
80’s and 90’s outdoors and they seem to be doing well except for the fact that my planters didnt have big enough drain holes and I have been growing the girls. I have one that probably won’t make it but as far as temps, as long as you gradually get them used to the outdoor temps, you should be golden.