Im a newbie and so confused- Miss Ladie Grow Journal & MJ Journey!

Welcome @MissLadie You’re in good hands with @bob31 as a mentor. I’m following along to see mentorship in action. Like @rodri59 said read, read, read. You will find the more you read, the more questions you will have. Some of it will seem odd or like it doesn’t apply to you but believe me it will all come together and make sense. Then one day soon you will look at your beautiful plant with scissors in your hand and a huge smile on your face as you harvest all those great meds. Wishing you all the best and happy growing ! AB

13 Likes

Welcome @MissLadie
You are in the best place to learn everything you need. @bob31 is awesome!
As far as that goes… This entire site/fourm is AWESOME! You’ll do fine. :sunglasses::v::seedling:

6 Likes

Smoking stems would be better than that brick weed garbage from the 70’s. It was better than nothing tho, lol

2 Likes

OMG! Memories of tearing apart couches & lifting rugs etc trying to find dropped roaches of that weed! Ahh those were the best of days…nah! The best is yet to come!

6 Likes

LOL omg hard core Granny! I don’t think I ever resorted to tossing couches, but some of our friends likely did HAH

Good old days in da hood.

4 Likes

All I remember is ripping apart a bag of Doritos like it was my last meal! OMG!

I lived in an area where we had lots of wooded areas and we used to ride dirt bikes, sit around the campfires and get ripped!

6 Likes

OMG NACHO CHEESE DORITOS! Nuttin better for the muchies…that and Taco Bell late at night.

Oh and the adventures to the all-night diners! Got kicked out of a few back in the day…oh the memories.

3 Likes

I wasn’t around to experience the 70’s weed, but I wouldn’t imagine it to be much different than gorilla grown bag seed by teenager’s prior to the Internet being a thing haha!

1 Like

yep, I’m sure it’s about the same deal @dbrn32

1 Like

@bob31 I couldnt reply yesturday cuz the whole nebie thing… Well… I have minimal to work with since this move is only a month old… But i have to go as cheaply as possible lol and the height of the closet is the length of the twin bed plus a couch pillow…

ok, sounds good.

These first two are mandatory. (This is a cheapie pH meter. if you can afford a better one at some point you will want one. The yellow will work for now)

ph meter only

https://www.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Nutrient-Calibration-Solution-Included/dp/B00PECAQ12/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

The grow bags are really nice to use but not mandatory. You can grow in anything that will allow for draining. (5 gallon buckets are cool, but they would need holes drilled in them. Lots of holes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JM3JSA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?tag=greenrel-20

Soil for the pots.

Generic potting soil with perlite or a seedling starter mix will work. (Please don’t buy anything with fertilizer already added to the soil. (miracle gro and all that sort of stuff, stay away from it if at all possible)

You can start your plants in solo cups or something similar. You will need a spray bottle to water them. And clear cutoff water bottles or something similar to use as a dome.

Are you with me so far?

If so The next question is going to be about getting electricity into that closet. You are gonna need a small fan powered and some sort of lighting. You will need to have the lighting figured out before you germinate seeds as they need a lot of light when they germinate.

@MissLadie

7 Likes

Syrup in the free ice water? Lol

1 Like

@MissLadie welcome to the forum I see you have met many of thegreat people that are on the forum Sorry it took me so long to see this but if there is anything I can help you with please feel free to tag me @bob31 you the-man

4 Likes

Ooo… Thank u​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: whats a dome for? And the hydroponics ph stuff for non soilers? Lol… Yep im a newbie…:confused: I have an outlet outside the closet next to my sink… What kinda lights? And how to look for watts? Im such a girl in these areas… Im even learning how to replace my motor control boad on my washer… Im all ears :ear: :ear: :ear:

3 Likes

Haha

Yes the pH testers are for us dirt growers too.

My tap water is 7.2 pH the soil wants my water to be 6.5 pH so we have to adjust it. We would use drops of pH down to get it there.

As MJ grows they will need nutrients. They will be added to your water. When you do and then check the pH most likely the pH will be like 5 or 6 and you will need pH up to bring it back up to 6.5

Lights are tricky. There are many options. I’m gonna get some help on that later today but for now I need to understand better the size of your space. Use your feet and step off the space leave gaps to compensate for the size of your feet? I size 6 roughly 2 of your feet equal a foot of measure.

I need to know how wide and how deep your space is? I think from what you told me it is about 3 or 4 feet each way?

Also how many plants do you want to grow? For a newbie (no offense) I’d recommend 2 maybe 3 at the most.

@MissLadie

Almost forgot the dome goes over the sprout to create a small space of warm humidity for the little one. When they sprout they need high humidity as they taken in everything through their leaves until the water roots are established

3 Likes

@bob31 sorry been a looong day… Ok i wear an 11 in woman’s(shocking ik sucked as a kid lol) and it is from heel to toe 51/2 of my big feet long ways and 4 wide ways… Height is 8… I had to was the walls lol I was gonna start 2 for now and order some blueberry or granddaddy purple for later

1 Like

Excellent on the two for now. And that is a nice size room. @MissLadie no worries we all have lives!

I haven’t had GDP but BB is primo evening meds (makes me a touch too tired during the day) I have an ounce plus I just harvested in September.

Ok I’m gonna tag @dbrn32 and gets some help on proper lighting on a budget for sprout to harvest for two plants. The space is larger but we want to have enough light for two plants this grow. Plenty of headroom. Probably gonna top or fim but no scrog.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @bob31!

I’m thinking one of the rectangle shaped viparspectra off the top of my head. The more and more I see them in use, they really seem to stand out at their price point. Performance seems good, and I haven’t seen a single complaint.

I do have a couple other things I want to check out though if you guys can give me like an hour to look a few things up. Do we have a specific budget in mind?

2 Likes

I may have changed my mind lol. After comparing the info provided by manufacturers, I think I like this mars 600 light a little better in the best bang for the buck category. The vipar is still a good choice, but the Mars seems to have a more balanced light spectrum, and the advertised par readings seem high for the cost.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XC3LBIW/ref=asc_df_B00XC3LBIW5222378/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00XC3LBIW&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193139379506&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13446548286235596476&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1016684&hvtargid=pla-309085202864

I found a couple of others that I’m more familiar with the performance, but they are more than double the cost. If there is $3-400 in the budget, I’d be happy to grab that info. I’m just not 100% sure a brand new grower would benefit much from the additional expense. I feel that mars light had really good reviews, and is more than enough light even under a longer veg cycle for 2 plants as well as having a good intensity in both blue and red wavelengths.

I’ll try to follow along, but feel free to tag me if I missed anything or either of you have any questions.

6 Likes

Thank you for that information… Im taking notes!!!:relieved::relieved::smile::smile: i forgot to ask should i get a desk fan? Since there will only be two

1 Like