I'm a beginner looking for tips and tricks

I can see it! I’m a beginner too & will be following your progress! It looks fine to me, cheers

Thank you sweetie

How are your little plants doing, @jaon7615 and @ExpertNoob? . I’m a beginner too, and interested in how others are doing. My plants seem too be at just about the same stage as yours… a little behind yours actually. I’m pretty psyched about this process though. Here’s where mine are right now… four days after sprout. (This was taken last night, actually.) Good luck!!

5 Likes

I will tag you into my thread! Yours look great! Did you start a grow journal?

2 Likes

Start a grow journal!!! @WonkaMan, you won’t regret it.

3 Likes

Thanks @FNG101v2 and @ExpertNoob. I did start a grow journal in a spreadsheet where I’ve been keeping track of everything, and I also started a thread here (Inch By Inch... Grow By Grow. (ILGM White Widow Fem) started out as a cry for help, and is evolving to a grow journal. Cheers!

3 Likes

How they look now @ExpertNoob I haven’t been on lately so I missed u when you was asking me how they look

1 Like

Mines coming along @jaon7615 ! How are your babies doing any recent pics?

Just waiting on my QB before I flip her into flowering

2 Likes

@ExpertNoob beautiful plant ! How old is it ? Is this your first grow ? I’m just starting and also looking for tips.

1 Like

This is my second time around! And I forgot how old she is I did some mainlining so she spent like 3-4 months in veg and I just flipped her into flowering about a week ago. Do you have a grow journal for your first grow you can tag me into?

I’m new. Wondering if I could get some help. I read Robert’s bible last year, bought seeds from ilgm this year. I bought a 1000 W MH/HPS light and ballast, 4x4x6.5 tent, 6’’ fan and carbon filter. I started my first batch of seeds and they were germinating. I placed them under the light at 2 ‘’ distance at 50%. The cubes kept drying out and I kept watering (I don’t know much about watering) I only used a water bottles worth per day. Some looked well but they were also burned. I realize I overloaded the seeds and when some were dying I tried to transplant into different cube. All 5 died. Now I have my next 5 sprouting under paper towel. What can I do different? Should I raise MH light to top of tent and work my way down? I’m currently leaving them under regular light bulb until I can buy an accurate thermometer tomorrow.

1 Like

So what does it mean if your seedling leaves are very small but the rest of the plant is strong?

1 Like

@pattydaddy , here is a quick reference guide I’ve found. Not sure if it helps. Just hang tight for more advice from others.

@Ganjaboy If you have pics you can share, it would help. Also keep checking back. I’m kinda new at this stuff myself. I’ve been an outdoor grower for years, just now starting indoors. Do you have a pic to show what you are talking about? The first two leaves (feeder leaves) that that grow out eventually die off. They never get big.

@Drillbit I used this for reference and failed, can you provide more info for new 1000 W MH bulb

1 Like

@Donaldj @dbrn32 @Majiktoker @TxGrowman , tagging in a couple people that could better help you with this @pattydaddy.

I have no experience with hps/mh.

It looks like it’s doing a lot of stretching. Are you keeping it by a window @Ganjaboy? Try using a 32w cfl tube type of light for the first week 24hrs a day. What type of soil did you chose?

It’s about 8 days old is this normal it’s northern lights non auto