ILGM White Widow Autoflower

@bob31 @Stomper Checked on Martha and she was pretty milky so decided to go ahead and harvest her too. So, 2 1/2 hours later, weighed in at 119 grams. Soooooo that’s bad ass. She’s the one that got accidentally topped. So - guess it’s not all bad. Put them on the mesh dryer nets and now they’re hanging in the tent with the fan on and the lights off. Soooo here we go with the drying. Total 159 grams from the two. Not sure how the weight will change as they dry, but that’s what we’re at now. What is that - like 6 1/2 ounces total? 12 weeks. Good stuff.

Here’s Martha after I harvested her.

Here’s Snoop after 3 days of drying.

And the two of them in their new home for drying.

:smile:

2 Likes

Cannabis is 85% water weight at harvest if I remember right.

1 Like

If you don’t smoke it all… :wink: I bet you get an oz or two once they’re completely dry. Very nice man! Congrats!

1 Like

I would love to get one of those nuts to dry like that but I always have problems with humidity so I have to do the paper bag method otherwise it would take a month to dry congratulations my friend good job there’s nothing better than trying your own smoke and then it end up being better than anything you can buy

3 Likes

@Tonyb Thanks! Some good lookin’ bud - pretty proud of it as a first grow. Now I know what to do and not to do so hopefully the next one will be even better.

@Hogmaster I got that one off of Amazon for less than 10 bucks. Coming into the summer months, it’s getting humid here, too. I just hung this rack in my tent and left the fan on, so we’ll see what happens with it.

2 Likes

How do you dry in a paper bag bro? It’s humid af in new England all summer n I’m thinking I’ll have 2 small harvests during the mid of it all >.>

1 Like

I cut everything down get all the stems off then in a paper bag like a lunch bag you can get like 100 of them for five bucks that’s been my best drying method for me

2 Likes

So basically just manicure all the leaves n stems off until you’re​ left with buds basically then throw them in a bag? I’m assuming you want some space in between buds in the bags? How long does it usually take for em to dry?

1 Like

@Tonyb I’ll let mine hang for about 3-4 days the whole plant then I trim all my sugar leaves put them in a separate bag from the bud are usually fill it up a couple inches you don’t want to stuff the bag grab an extra put more in there I do about a hand full per bag and they take anywhere from 4 to 6 days and then I jar him put the lid on the next day when you open it to burp it if they’re wet again I’ll put it in a bag for another day and then back into a jar

3 Likes

Thanks bro! I should be trying it in a couple weeks with my bag seed grow xD!

2 Likes

Same here in DC its been stupid humid this summer. I just checked my flowering tent its 86%RH with the lights off. I hope this doesn’t create problems before dehumidifier gets here next week. Fingers crossed.

@growingherbies good job with your grow! Now :dash::dash: pass that shit! :grimacing:

5 Likes

@bob31 @Stomper @GreenLantern202 :cloud: It’s not very harsh but a really chill high without being couchlocked. So proud of this first grow – can’t wait to get the next one going. Wound up with 32g from Snoop dry weight. Martha’s not quite dry yet, but will update when she is.

4 Likes

Great job @growingherbies

Sounds like perfection to me!

:+1::palm_tree::v::grin:

1 Like

Hi all,
I have been reading here for several months now. No seeds yet but ordered last week.
Just wanted to say I really liked this read. Excellent pics. Was cool to watch the progress and read the enthusiasm during the grow.
I went with the White Widow also, but not the auto flower.

5 Likes

@bob31 @Stomper Final dry weight for Snoop: 29 grams. 1.2 oz approx. And that’s not counting the probably 5 grams we’ve smoked LOL!

2 Likes

Time for an extended gaming session I’m thinking. Skyrim is my go to couchlock game :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Stomper Never got into playing Skyrim - I like watching people play tho. Would much rather get stuck in Rock Band or Saints Row. But yes – time for all of that.

3 Likes

@Stomper @bob31 Final weight on Martha: 27g. Little over an ounce. 56g total plus 4 or 5 that I smoked before weighing. Patience is not a virtue of mine. 2 1/3 or so oz for 2 plants? Not too bad for the autos. Ready to start round 2!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Please tag me on your new journal! (or if you keep this one going!) @growingherbies

1 Like

@bob31 Definitely will do that! Thanks for all your help this virgin expedition lol

2 Likes