ILGM Sour Diesel. Flowering 8 weeks or so. How does it look?

Total noob here. I almost had a successful White Widow grow a few months back that I posted about there, but it got messed up. Now, this Sour Diesel on the other hand has made it to flower, but I have no idea if I should chop it.

I’ve been doing a ton of homework online, looking at closeups of trichomes, looking for brown vs white curling hairs, etc. The plant is still taking up water, but I’m also seeing a lot of milky trichomes and amber hairs. I know this stuff varies from strain to strain, but this being the farthest I’ve gotten in a grow, I just don’t know. Thank you for your time!

Pics below (more than happy to provide more if it will help):

4 Likes

3 Likes

3rd picture looks like alot of white pistols still. Once those are almost all orange/brown then get a close up of Trics checking for amber on the bud sites not so much the leaves that turn amber 1st.
Ill tag some experienced peeps to have a look for you.
@repins12 @Oldguy @Cannabian @MrPeat @AAA

2 Likes

@nmgrower The girls are not ready yet. When all pistils have turned all amber color, then start looking at trichomes. The pistils will all suck into the flower.

The top tends to finish faster due to it gets the most light. So I will look at the Top but I focus near the middle and bottom of the plant since they don’t get as much light. This is how I judge trichomes.

I didn’t know when I first started that once the pistils are a brown/amber is when it was ready. So I ended up pulling way to early. I don’t make that critical mistake anymore. :+1::+1::+1:.

5 Likes

I agree with both of the above. I usually count on 12-14 week flower period, no matter what the breeders write up says. Just my humble opinion :v:

5 Likes

Thank you @Fergus, @MrPeat and @repins12! This is so helpful, really appreciate you tamping down my new grower’s impatience.

3 Likes

@nmgrower I am sure we all experienced the same growing pains. I sure did and I wasn’t on a grow forum. I wasn’t a worry wart but I would check the tent like 50 times a day. Not any more. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

That plant is pretty close though! Once she stops producing calyx’s, you will want to start checking the trichomes in the bud meat not the sugar leaves. Cut a small taster off if it makes it easier to look at.

2 Likes