ILGM Sour Diesel Autoflower, Mars Hydro SP3000, FFHF, FFOF, FFSF

Nothing fancy on this one really. Had some Fox Farm soil laying around so decided to use some of it up.
ILGM Sour Diesel Autoflower
Mars Hydro SP3000 and 2x4 tent
5 gal fabric pots
Botanicare Kind nutrients
Fox Farm Happy Frog
Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Fox Farm Strawberry Fields

Mixed up FFOF AND FFSF 50/50. Added 6qts of perlite. Left a large Wendy’s cup size hole in middle of pots and filled with FFHF. Soaked beans for 24hrs. Moistened soil with 2 gal ro water with Recharge 1tsp per gallon. Popped seeds into soil on Monday September 5th. First 2 ladies popped yesterday morning and the 3rd one a few hrs ago. Had to help her helmet off. Will give her a few hrs to open leaves on her own. Will start 18/6 light schedule today.
@Low @GreenSnek @Not2SureYet @dbrn32 @Nicky @OGIncognito @Docnraq @IP54 @Hellraiser @JamJam

14 Likes

Right on cooterjuice, digging the new run. Growing 3 Sour Ds myself. Awesome strain. Set to follow brother :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

Looking great!

5 Likes

I’ll tag along. Looking like a good start.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! :+1: :beers:

4 Likes

Already above ground, looks good.

3 Likes

Pretty new at this, harvesting my 1st grow in 2 weeks. Can you explain why the different soils, and why this way?

2 Likes

Good choice for seeds. I think 3 will fit in there nice. It looks like you are off to a good start :+1:

2 Likes

Set to watch :v:t3::sunglasses::dash::dash::dash:

2 Likes

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is typically a “hotter soil” More nutrients and can burn seedlings. Fox Farm Happy Frog isn’t as “hot”. Is why I like to put a plug of it in the middle of the pot to start the seed in. All though the tap root can grow up to 9 inches in 3 days. So the deeper you can go with a plug of milder soil the better. Fox Farm Strawberry Fields is more for the flowering stage. If you was growing photoperiod plants ideally you’d want to transplant into your final pot with Strawberry Fields before flipping to flower. But since these are autoflowers I don’t like transplanting at all. So I chose to mix the Ocean Forest and Strawberry Fields. And of course the added perlite is to aid in aeration and drainage. The nutrients in the soil still won’t get me through the grow. But should get me into the first week or so of flower.

7 Likes

Thank you for the clear and thorough explanation.

2 Likes

I was watching the 420spot guy on YT, he does this also.

2 Likes

Is my first time trying the mixture with Strawberry Fields, so we shall see how it works, lol

4 Likes

Good luck with these!

1 Like

3rd little lady’s leaves was still closed this morning. So with a couple toothpicks and some steady shaky hands I was able to get the membrane free and open her leaves up

6 Likes

Congrats :v::sunglasses::dash::dash::dash: that’s a great thing to see early on in the day.

3 Likes

Following. We have girls the same age! :raising_hand_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Sweet!! Tag me in your journal if you started one!!

1 Like

Thanks!! Indeed it is!!

1 Like

Whoops forgot to add, 100% germination rate again, 17/17 for the year!!

2 Likes