The federal law states 4, some provinces are putting such rules in to basically make it impossible to even grow 4 because of other laws.
Look here and go under adult possession
" * purchase cannabis products from a provincial or territorial retailer
- grow up to 4 plants per residence (not per person) for personal use from licensed seeds or seedlings"
There is currently no licensed retailer that is sling seeds or plants. Your only gap is to find someone with a legal medical grow that is honestly doing everything legal and getting a clone from them.
Any seeds or clones you buy are illegal, because no medical grow can legally sell you anything they are not licensed to sell they only have a licence to grow for their own medical use and all licensed to sell producers currently do not have any seeds let alone any system for live plants to be sold.
So your grow is technically illegal, if anyone complains they can come knock on your door but don’t answer it make them get a warrant the second you talk to the RCMP your gonna wish you stayed inside just ignore them. They can’t legally make you talk to them and they can’t enter unless.
The police have the power to enter your home or business if:
- you or someone else in charge of the property has given them permission
- they have a warrant to arrestsomeone in your home or business
- they have a warrant to search your home or business
- there are urgent circumstances