ILGM purple haze second grow!

@Skydiver is that color change in the stems normal? Also all stores around me are closed so until I get the chance I’m using yarn to LST I put it up today. Also have you ever seen a 3 branch plant? What’s up with this other one

If it were me I wouldn’t worry about it unless the leaves start showing signs. I have purple in Some of my stems that I’ve grown.
Plants do their thing and unless there’s an issue I just enjoy the variety of how they grow

1 Like

@Skydiver @Covertgrower URGENT ISSUE a family member has stumbled upon my plant and blabbed now there is fear in my house it may be used against us legally. Help me please, good covers? Do I kill them and take the room down? Actually grow some tomatoes? I’m a med patient but home grow isn’t allowed yet for patients.

1 Like

Tough call. You could always move them to somewhere else in the home possibly? Then you could stick some actual tomatoes in there.

On the medical aspect, at least you’re covered there.
Could always take the reasonable approach, and say you’re trying to make it affordable

1 Like

@Covertgrower what are the chances if I’m caught that qpuld be anything of a defense? Understable at that though because it’s 550 an oz on average here for good bud.

I wouldn’t kill the family member…maybe just an azz whipping …lol
Lose lips sink ships and all. You know them better than I but if your close and have a talk with them explaining things it can’t hurt. After the talk you’ll be better to know what’s next? Invite them to watch this with you…

Tough call

2 Likes

@Skydiver I mean they deserve at least their ass whooped that’s for sure. I just have heard from others now they know about it so it’s already spread a little. I’m not sure what’s next right now maybe I’ll move it back to my closet so I don’t have to kill them I would be quite upset. Maybe I’m just paranoid but it was a secret until now so it may be justified

2 Likes

Getting caught also weighs in on the consequences for growing in your state. With everything happening right now, you might be at the bottom of the list.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower thank you for all the help and advice I’ll probably ditch one of the two and move it back to my old room just to be cautious. I’ll post back with updates next week

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts topic of topping I think my plant is old enough to top for the first time and I was wondering if I have the idea right here’s the plant to gauge size and where I’ll cut

@Skydiver I forgot to tag you in that topping post and can’t edit it now

You could top but I usually wait till it’s a bit bigger…5 true sets of nodes.
But yes the line you drew is where you would cut to top them
Also as far as tying them down …you’ll want to tie down the branches that are just above the fan leaves once they are long enough and not the actual fan leaves.

1 Like

@Skydiver okay I see what you mean by that I guess I made a mistake there then :joy: I’ll take them off and wait for another set of nodes grow in before topping thanks for the help!

@Covertgrower @MrPeat @Bulldognuts @Bubblehead @Skydiver this will be my last update until a noticable change happens. Today wasn’t the best day for plant #1 the kola opened I went to top and took off the mini branches and one fan leaf not sure how but my guess is blind ignorance and I’m quite upset about it so I just cut it down another kola. (I tired to wait for the next two sets skydiver :joy: I guess live some learn some. I also got mini pruners so I don’t do that again.) She’s short but I’ll see where she goes from here. I had to ditch the one that quit growing because I don’t have another pot or more soil. On that note I went out to buy a fabric pot and more soil then transplanted plant 1. I’ll post another update when I notice a change on plant 1 thank you all for the help up to this point and I’ll see you guys in a little while. Here’s pictures of both plants. I haven’t tossed plant 2 yet but the roots are growing through the drain holes so here in a few days if it doesn’t start growing it’s trashed.

3 Likes

I think the best suggestion here is to be patient. When they “stop growing” usually means they’re just putting out more roots, after that’s almost complete, they really take off after that.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower you’re right but I only hae 1 pot and ran out of soil so I can’t transplant it. Unless it let it grow rootbound where it is now and hop it’ll make it 2 more weeks until I can make it to a gardening shop. The main reason I was gonna ditch it is because I can’t transplant it right now.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Bubblehead @Bulldognuts @Skydiver @MrPeat so today I moved both plants into my old closet and upgraded light finally! I just got a series 3 red spec budgetled that’s pulls 255w I also kept my old 110w gixxer in the tent. The one I topped is doing excellent besides it’s showing nute problems. Yellow spotting on some leaves and some have already died so it got it’s first feed 2 days ago. The other one I realized self topped (go figure I only wanted 1 topped this grow so I could see the difference.) But it’s now in a fabric 7Gal pot so that they both make it through the grow. I added a fan on the floor blowing indirectly on my plants (if I’m right I don’t want any wind from the fan hitting my plant) here’s pictures and readings.

Ph in 6.9 out 6.95

Ppm in 68 out 1410 ( I can’t measure the one plant because it’s in a 10 Gal pot and I can’t water to run-off without overwatering. In it’s own time I’ll end up getting it to run off and post those too)

4 Likes

The plants look happy and healthy. I am going to ask you a question which is a pet peeve of mine. You have your plants in 7-gallon pots but they are only filled 1/2-2/3 full. Why? Why not just get a 3 or 5 gallon pot and fill it all the way? You have essentially made your 7-gallon pot into a 3-5 gallon pot. It just make me scratch my head.

2 Likes

@Bubblehead the only store open had few bags of soil and I ran out so I had to disperse it between them. Not sure how to fill it the rest of the way honestly since the roots are growing down. Ones a 10 Gal pot and ones a 7 but they took way more soil than I’d ever imagine. Also they didn’t have 5Gal curiously enough only 7/10/15. I got the 10 the first time and went back for the 7 the next time. Dude at the store said not to fill them too much or pack it down to tightly

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @Skydiver so here’s an update, I’m feeling like it’s about time to switch the one to 12/12 here soon be so I can keep it a decent size but literally overnight (yesterday it looked fine) these leaves started dying. I know a few is fine but they are curling. Does this look like an issue to you or should I trim these bad ones off and just keep it growing.

2 Likes