ILGM Northern Lights Autos first grow setup

Thanks for the info. I’ll make sure to keep an eye on their feeding.

4 Likes

Good looking young’uns!

5 Likes

Thanks! Hopefully they grow up to make lovely full figured ladies. Appreciate you taking a look.

5 Likes

Hope you love them! Thank you for the support!

3 Likes

So I’m making a change. So far I’ve been using fox farms nutrient trio but I’ve been looking at nutrients ever since i decided to grow. I’ve looked at dozens of companies and done a ton of research into the ones that peaked my interest. Yesterday I decided to pull the trigger on one. As of this coming Saturday I will be switching to Humboldts secret nutrient line. I know fox farm works for so many people and it’s not that i dislike their product, I mean it’s gotten me this far. I chose them in the beginning because of the popularity of it. I just like Humboldts lineup though. Their calmag has extra iron, and their lineup comes with flower stacker and sweet and sticky that I’ve heard a lot of people rave about. Yes, I could just incorporate those two with my fox farms trio but instead I’m just ordering their whole kit.

2 Likes

Do what works for you, as long as you’re happy, your plants will be happy :+1::crazy_face:. A lot of people here also use jacks 321 which is what im switching to this run. Everything is looking good with your plants, keep em growing growmie :metal::100:

3 Likes

I’m totally unfamiliar with jacks 321. I do hear tons of people here mention it. I’m planning a afghan kush run after this one. I may check them out on that one. I’ll be watching yours to see how it does for ya. Have a good one bro. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’d also like to check out gaia green at some point once i have more experience.

1 Like

Yup ill be posting on it when I start giving nutes, which should be a week or two away, jacks really is simple to use

2 Likes

So tomorrow is day 42 from planting for the bigger plant and day 28 for the 3 smaller plants. This week I switched over to Humboldt secret nutes and have only used it once. I’m using a,b, golden tree, tree trunk, sweet n sticky and, calmag with iron. I just feel like my plant is asking for something but I don’t know what. She looks ok but her coloring makes me question things. I looked at her in normal light and it looks different so maybe it’s just seeing her under the grow light that makes the colors look so much lighter than I think it should be. I’m really not sure. It gets a little cool in my tent at night around 66-67 degrees f to around 75 during lights on and I keep my watering at 6.3 on the dot with my Apera. Maybe she isn’t asking for anything though and just wants to be left alone lol. Here are some pics from this morning.

2 Likes

Looking good brother :+1:, they really dont look bad as far as i can see, do you have any runoff numbers? If those look good then you should be good to go. I tend to get paranoid myself and try and let the plants do there thing but that’s easier said then done for sure :rofl::metal:, maybe tag @Graysin just to double check, gonna do an update a little later for my grow too😁
Keep em growing growmie :metal:

3 Likes

Runoff numbers before feeding were 6.8ph and 820ppm. Ill be watering in a day or 2 and ill take numbers again. Thanks for stopping by bro. Can’t wait for an update on your grow.

2 Likes

What’s your thoughts @Graysin

1 Like

6.5-6.8 for pH looks good.
PPMs around 800 in soil is somewhat low - you’re right on track to feed so your instinct to add nutes was good.

She looks like she might be wanting for some Phosphorus, I say that largely because she’s losing a little pigment between the veins (in the meat of the fan leaves). Not bad enough to be problematic, but in flower plants do require more P and K than they did in veg.

3 Likes

Great info! I forgot to add to the list of nutes I’m using is also flower stacker which is a p/k so that’s lucky on my part. I mixed a pretty hot solution incorporating their whole line based off their chart so I’m interested to see what my runoff will be at my next watering. I’ll update once i have that info. I’m curious to see how much it’s actually eating.

2 Likes

just watered and tested the runoff. ph is 6.8 and ppm is 1400. I fed at 1750 ppm which is pretty hot but looks like she is eating it.

2 Likes

There was nothing convincing me in the previous pic that you needed to make such a bold move. I would have been satisfied with the way it was.

That’s her normal color

3 Likes

Watch and wait. She’ll let you know if that was excessive. I’m with Blunt that I probably would have kept it around 1050-1200 PPMs in the feed - 1750 feels hot but if she’s not showing you any signs of resistance, you’re doing fine.

I maintain some food was a good idea because of the paling between the veins, but we all have different eyes and different approaches to growing. More than one way to skin a cat and all that. :v:

6 Likes

I hear ya @Graysin. Thanks. I’ll keep my eye on it and if it looks like she is mad at me I’ll update here. @Bluntsmoke Im here to gather info from everyone so I can become a better grower with time. I’d like to know what your process is too. What ppm do you mix your nutes? When do you feed/water?

2 Likes

I feed at 900-1000ppm twice in a row then water and repeat until harvest

4 Likes