ILGM Northern Lights Autos first grow setup

Ok, sounds like I’m going to need a little more than the 2 small fans then. Leaving the door open is a no go for me but I’ll make something work. Thanks for the response man.

2 Likes

Just did lst on my biggest plant. Never done it before so hope this is somewhat correct…
Any input?

4 Likes

Looks good but im still learning , how many nodes so far? I’m sure more will chime in soon :grin:

2 Likes

There’s no such thing as the correct way it’s personal preference

3 Likes

If I’m counting correctly it has three nodes.

1 Like

Good to know. Guess as long as I don’t break the plant I’m good to go.

2 Likes

Pretty much there’s no exact science to it

2 Likes

So after a couple days of lst I think things are going ok. My 3 little ones are growing pretty good I think. Lowered my light back down to almost level slowly over the last few days too slowly give the little ladies more light and they seem to be liking it. The big plant is 23 days old from planting and the three little ones are 9 days old from planting. I did see 2 very small gnats or fruit flies in my tent this morning so I immediately mixed up some of the bergmans bug blaster to stay on top of it. I didn’t see any on the plants but just in case I gave them a spray and adjusted my fans.

4 Likes

Looking good brother :+1: I’m sure they’re loving your new light :100::boom:

1 Like

Weekly update:
First plant is 4 weeks from seed as of today, 3 little ones are 2 weeks from seed. Had some slight yellowing from what I have been told may have been a magnesium issue so I have boosted the calmag dosage and use it with every watering. Fed the big plant some nutes from the fox farm trio this week too. Had to pull the light up a bit and got a new Apera ph/ec pen. I’ve also been doing LST on the one plant and I think it has been going pretty good. Have no clue what I’m doing really, just winging it with the communities help. From what I’ve read I should be expecting to see some hint of preflower soonish on the big one I’m guessing. Here’s some pics:

5 Likes

Everything is looking well thus far. LST is personal preference but once you begin don’t get complacent. You can continue to splay her out all through the stretch. I begin my lst very early in their vegetative lives so once I’ve flipped them to flower my canopy is already flat.

4 Likes

I try to adjust it every couple of days and I understand the purpose but (I swear I’m not dim witted) when I sit down in front of the plant and start to adjust things I just don’t see how things need to be to get the flat canopy lol. Maybe I’m still being too gentle afraid of snapping something? I want to order some of those clips too. Seems they work very well.

3 Likes

I snapped two leaders off of my girl in flower when I began training her. I just prefer that I can keep the light intensity equal over the entire canopy. Instead of 1 main 20 gram cola I get 20 4 gram tops minimal. Hopefully this time I’ll average 5 grams per top. :100:

2 Likes

What do you think about mainlining? Was just watching some videos about lst and it came up. Im going to do things a little differently with my 3 other plants. Im going to start a little earlier and work the top around the pot more. I feel like that’s where I got lost in this one. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and pictures. I want 20 4 gram tops too :rofl: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Mainlining is a great technique as well. Personally I don’t do it because typically you are only working with the 4th and 5th nodes or the 5th and 6th. I believe it takes too long to get the plant to fill in. I like bending mine from the start that way my very first branches are allowed to grow out and become a decent cola. Mainlining is great if you scrog with a net. You can control exactly how many tops you want. One for each square in the net. I could do the same with my technique but I don’t like the restrictive nature of the net.

3 Likes

Bet…. I think lst just clicked for me during this conversation. The starglazer that I’m hitting right now may have helped me process all this. :melting_face:

4 Likes

Just ordered some of those clips from @CoyoteCody on eBay. They should help on my training.

3 Likes

Is this preflower? If it is, do I need to do anything besides follow the nutrient chart?

3 Likes

How many weeks?

2 Likes

Auto flower i believe hit pre flower around weeks 3-5

1 Like