ILGM How do these strains grow? Personal experiences

Sweet! Hopefully are just as good to you as they have been me. If you do a journal please tag me in!

3 Likes

Tag me in to that journal too, please!

1 Like

Hi @MattyBear,

I will do a simple grow journal and tag you both. Hopefully it won’t have any evil cabbage loupers or powdery mildew included this year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@DaGoose Yeah, I hate bugs. Dealt with them a few times, lol.

1 Like

@dbrn32 if you don’t mind, any sage advice on growing Cindy would be greatly appreciated. I have read their stem structure needs help when the buds get thick and heavy (I hope to have this issue). Need to keep them under 6 feet tall or thereabouts so not visible. Bouncing off the walls getting ready for the next season :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most of the phenos I’ve seen stayed pretty short for sativa dominant plants. If you plan on a little longer veg time just top it a couple of times. If your light intensity is reasonable shouldn’t be to big of an issue with height. I usually ran them without topping, and they still wouldn’t be too bad.

Adding some silica during veg will help stem structure too. Otherwise they’re pretty easy to grow. I would definitely get a clone off of each plant prior to flowering if you can. If you end up getting a really good pheno it’s like money in the bank, you’ll want to run her again I promise.

Edit… it’s right there in front of me and I didn’t realize you’re growing outside lol. That’s a little bit of a wild card for me, so I’m not really sure. But I’ll bet if you do some topping and training prior to getting into flower you can keep her within 6’. I would probably have something on standby to help support her.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 this is my dilemma: the paradigm shit from growing outdoors from seed in an optimal climate to propagating awesome strains like Cindy 99 indoors, with a mother plant and clones. It feels like a responsibility to do so. I have silica blast as part of my nute regimen.

Been thinking about this for a while planning my next grow, trying to digest all the great info you and others share. I’ve converted my spare bathroom to a seedling starter/curing room with a 6 inch carbon filter in the ceiling. The targeted usable space with the sink removed is something like 6x6 with a 6-7 foot ceiling. Got marigolds started to keep the devil bugs away and cherry tomatoes under my Sunblaze T5 fixture now. It’s the only lighting I have.

So… the Rapidled 4x4 kit with the Cree 3000k 90 Cri unit looks like a good fit to finish them after cloning, They should have the COB’s back in stock soon (cant digest the cloning/mother lighting setup just yet in separate enclosures). If I time it correctly, can still cure my outdoor crop. And hopefully get a good rotation going to keep my friends happy and maybe recoup my expenses.

I’m not very good at moderation…and I want to grow the best and I’m just starting this journey. So much to learn :slight_smile:

And…I just put this thread off the rails. Sorry for the brain dump! Time for another toke

I guess and ask for forgiveness later!

3 Likes

The rapid LED fixture comes highly recommended. @DaGoose :wink:

2 Likes

Holy smokes, you’re not fooling around!

How much of the actual floor space do you plan on using? That rapid kit of cree’s is very nice, it’s also pretty spendy. When it comes down to lights designed for a 4x4, did you see what @Rugar89 is using? Will come in several hundred below what I expect the Cree rapid kit will.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I’m not good at moderation lol! The space is more like 5x5 but I have not figured out the logistics of tending to them. Could be 5x8 if I do it right. It seems like most folks buy lighting then wish they did it right from the get go. Will get creative with the clone and mother plant stuff. I could remove some of the COB’s, add another driver, and make a frame if it’s overkill to optimize the efficacy and coverage. No reflectors initially but not sure how much reflection from the walls after I paint them flat white.

BUT…I 'm just winging it!

1 Like

If you’re going the route of moving stuff around, I would just build it. You’ll save money that way. But there’s a slightly bigger item that’s often overlooked. 5x5 doesn’t seem like it’s a lot bigger than 4x4, but 16 square feet to 25 square feet is substantial. Since most of the lights are designed for 4x4 with reflective surround, there’s not a lot of good options out there. So how you use it can make all the difference. Wall to wall canopy will be expensive to light with leds. But a couple of plants with some dead space here and there can be tackled easily with a couple of smaller fixtures.

1 Like

I feel much better now…

1 Like

Hey…it’s all good!

Nothing worth doing easy…right!

1 Like

Not the first time around anyway haha!

1 Like

Please tag me alomg for that one! Ilgm strawberrykush is one of my favorite strains. Easy to grow. Easy trim(good bud to leaf ratio) and is smooth,tasty, and potent.