ILGM Gorilla Glue Autos brown spots- any help appreciated!

Hello!

This is my very first grow. I am following along with Ruffhouse studios DWC youtube series (DWC Hydroponic Cannabis Grow Ep 1. System Specs & Setup - YouTube).

using fox farms big three of grow big , plant food, and tiger bloom ( not yet on this one).

I am repeating week 4 on the feeding schedule to extend vegetation cycle

saw the below requested so here we go:

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
ILGM Gorilla Glue Auto

-Age of plant/what week of flower
week end of week 5, week six starts on 7/16

-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, what brand of soil
Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Hydroponics

-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
Net pots in clay pebbles

-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
ph is around 6.5, used liquid ph tester. have not tested TDS, ordered a meter

-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
unsure

-Method used to measure PH and TDS
liquid PH tester

-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
indoor. 3x3 mars hydro grow tent

-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
Mars Hydro TS 1000W LED

-Actual wattage draw of lights
1000W

-Current Light Schedule
18 on 6 off

-Temps; Day, Night
75 degrees F during day, unsure at night

-Humidity; Day, Night
50% - 60% during day, unsure on night, will check tonight

-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, 6 inch vivo sun

-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
no

-Co2; Yes, No
no? unsure. I have two small fans blowing in the tent

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
DWC

-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
about 2 inches below net pot

-Temperature of reservoir
unsure
-TDS of nutrient solution
unsure

-Amount of air to solution
unsure. I have 2 water stones going in each bucket

All planted at same time, front left seems to be doing well but im a little concerned it might have root rot, ordered hydroguard and will be adding it today.

I’ve used magcal in all the buckets as well. where I do the dosage for one gallon for the fox farms stuff, according to ruffhouse, for the magcal i added in what it asks for per gallon.

Why cant i get rid of the brown and yellowing spots?

3 Likes

Do u know the temp of the water in the buckets if too warm will pose a problem also. Thats where i ran into problems with hydro and no water chiller

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @DarthChungus

I am not a hydro person but I did notice you ph is a little high. Hydro should range from 5.8-6.2 when tested with a dependable tester

Some hydro folks will be along…

3 Likes

I would find some cal-mag to purchase in hydro. Fox farms is good, but they don’t have a product for calcium, which is what your plants are lacking. The high PH can also be a factor of not absorbing some of the calcium from the water.
Address both of those two factors, and you should keep’em green that way.
Welcome! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks! I noted it at the bottom, probably shoulve put it in that section but I am already using calmag :slight_smile:

1 Like

It might help you to know that your Mars TS1000 has an actual draw of around 150w.

Welcome to the forum. You’re in good hands

1 Like

I do not but I will get something to measure the temp asap!

Thank you!

Still learning:)
What does that mean? :sweat_smile:

It means the light they market it as a 2000w light, but it actually only uses 200w when you check the wattage with a meter.

Power to grow big dense buds rests in your light. So when you start comparing where you’re plants are vs other’s you’ll want to keep it in mind. It helped me avoid getting disappointed in my grow. I wasn’t as frustrated realizing I came in second to last in a motorcycle race while on a moped… :joy:

1 Like

hah gotcha! that def helps me understand. should i upgrade the light?

That’ll depend on what you’re trying to get out of your grow.

Experimenting for personal use… it’ll do fine. Trying a new hobby… fine.

Growing dense medical grade cannabis… You might end up a little disappointed.

You’ll want bigger to fully flower a 3x3 foot tent. That TS1000 can do a decent job for 2x2.

thanks! definitely was hoping for some dense buds. any recommendations?

I jumped on the HLG bandwagon. It’ll depend hugely in your budget. Some people have put together their own really nice lights from scratch and from kits.

Are your roots in the water yet? If not start hand watering till they are.

Hey everyone! Plants seem to be doing much much better after I added hydroguard and lowered ph to 6.

I also upgraded my light after the discussion in this thread;) got an hlg 300l rspec and wow what a difference!

So we’re in week 6 of the dwc now. According to fox farms were supposed to be in flowering but I don’t think we’re there yet! I already repeated week 4 to extend vegetative cycle. Should I repeat it again?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d repeat the feed cycle for veg till your ready to flip your lights. Congrats on the new light!

Things are looking good

3 Likes

I think the planta an auto if I read correctly… so there wouldn’t be a flip would there? I’m a new grower too…

Sorry I’m into so many threads I can’t keep track :joy:

Definitely no flip with autos. They’ll do their own thing. But I would say stick with feed if you haven’t recognized pre flower. Keep your eyes out for it

2 Likes

@Underthestairs Hahah I hear ya! I read so many posts I can’t remember who what where or when I read something :rofl::v:

2 Likes