ILGM Gold Leaf just starting week 3 of flower

@Blasting

Y, I think you are probably right, roots need oxygen & root riot cubes hold a lot of water. I drained the remaining water just now, let’s see what happens.

TBH the wannabes need to become the gonnabes quite soon, I need them vegged and ready to go by the end of February if the DVM weed conveyor isn’t going to stall out. I’ll have to pop Amnesia Haze seeds at the weekend if I haven’t seen some of that sweet, sweet rooting action by then

2 Likes

Post ‘haircut’ pictures, this happened on Day 25 since the 12/12 flip (yesterday). A few day later than the recommended day 21

Clearly a lot of pale green growth that has just seen the sun for the first time. I think I shall call this one ‘Nick Heyward’

Not so much pale green growth here, at least not so obvious anyway. Let’s call her ‘Les Nemes’, sounds a bit french …

The jury is still out as far as Stretchy-McStretch-Face is concerned, probably I will stick to the day 42 plan

3 Likes

I had mine in a clone dome under a 38w 24" fluo bar they rooted in 2 weeks approx and they are still under that 38w led bar striving to get into my tent into the autopot system lol

If they can root soon youll have monsters by end of february under good light imo:)

3 Likes

One of the wannabes just got promoted to maybe! Nothing was showing yesterday but tonight …

From zero to hero in 24 hours! Got her in some coco/perlite mix with a weak mix of root stim. I guess the other two will be showing roots in the next few days

@Blasting - 12 days, you were bang on the money

Nick Heyward seems to have forgiven me, it’s already hard to tell that anything happened.

As has Les Nemes

This pic of Stretchy-McStretch-Face’s lady parts is typical of all three, I’m waiting anxiously for the bud sites to start to overlap and then begin to swell. The calendar says five more weeks, can’t wait

8 Likes

Yay roots! Amazing man!

3 Likes

All the wannabes are now maybes, potted up, lightly dosed with root stim and nutes. They have gone a bit yellow but I seem to recall that happened last time I made clones (I didn’t get 100% strike rate tho, must be the heating pad)

I took the time to get accurate PPM values for the run off from each plant tonight. I water with slightly weak AN nutes, A&B at 3ml/L instead of the recommended 4ml/L plus B52 & Big Bud at 2ml/L. The resulting mix has a PPM of 1040 (0.5 conversion factor)

Run off numbers:

Nick Heyward - 2030
Les Nemes - 2900
Stretchy McStretch Face - 2500

Of the three only SMSF is showing very slight signs, a hint of clawing and the slightest of tip burns.

The other two are a deep green but otherwise in perfect health (flat leaves, no tip burn). I’m a little mystified, with those run off numbers I would expect the poor things to be on fire :thinking:

The schedule calls for a change of nutes on Saturday, no more Big Bud, instead I start adding Overdrive. Perhaps a really good flush is in order before the change over - but hey, it ain’t broke so why fix it?

Les Neme’s bud sites are starting ot merge together

Nick Heyward’s too

The foliage is getting denser again, if it weren’t for the lack of fan leaves (leaves with stems) you would never know they had been defoliated.

5 Likes

They look great!

No new pics today, the big uns are swelling slightly but the maybes look like poo. Yellow and not a hint of growth :frowning:

Today was the last watering day with AN’s BigBud, next time round we’re onto Overdrive for a fortnight then the flush begins - H day is getting closer & closer. I might just have some dry, uncured bud for my Birthday!

I’m going to pop some ILGM Amnesia Haze beans. I used to smoke this (well, it was some weed that was also called Amnesia Haze so maybe it’s the same) in NL. I’m jealous of people growing multiple strains at the same time, even though I know how much more difficult it can make things, so I think I will give the clones the bum’s rush and try a new strain

I just pulled the trigger on some more ILGM beans - GSCE, Blueberry and WW (coz who can resist 10 + 10 free?). That should keep me busy for the rest of the year :slight_smile:

@elheffe702
Thanks bud! Hopefully this helps you not worry so much about SCROGing. With those super tight internodals I would have been vegging forever to fill a screen. Now I have decided to give the clones up I am going to play a little with new seedlings and try to get some decent height / SCROG again

3 Likes

I had to start a new bottle of Big Bud last night, it was the coco friendly type and looked very different to the previous bottle of Big Bud. Sort of thick and creamy, initially I wondered if it had gone off :roll_eyes: Previously the feeding solution had a PPM of approx 1050 but with this new stuff it had gone up to 1200. Well, that’s the last Big Bud for this grow, on to Overdrive tomorrow

I started to see some tip burn on Nick Heyard & Les Neems so I flushed the big uns tonight with 15L of pH 5.8 water each. I ain’t no stinkin’ salt farmer :skull_and_crossbones:The run off was down to 4-700 PPM at the end of the flushing, hopefully that’s fixed the tip burn issue and gives me a lower start point in a couple of weeks when the real flush begins

Found a couple of plastic boxes that raised Nick & Les up to the same level as SMcSF, can;t think why I didn’t do that before

1 Like

1200 ppm is about right for where they’re at size wise. I wouldn’t stress that part unless you see burn from the feeding

@MattyBear, it wasn’t the 1050 or 1200 PPM going in that bothered me - It was the run off numbers:

Nick Heyward - 2030
Les Nemes - 2900
Stretchy McStretch Face - 2500

That’s right. I knew that lol. The FFOF doesn’t need a lot of additional supplements for the the first 4 weeks or so. Just ph’d water is enough usually to get to flower for autos and mid-late veg with photos, or all the way to flower with photos depending on how long you veg her for.

@MattyBear

I grow in coco :wink:

Sorry again man. So do I. Along with soil, but my current girls flowering are all in coco. How often are you watering in the coco? Daily? Every other day?

@MattyBear

No problem. I water/feed every other day - the 3 gallon cloth pots are pretty light each time I water. I give them 10 liters (between three plants) and get 2-3 liters of run off

Those are good runoff amounts. I’m in a 5gal for my photo and 3 gal for my autos. I’m having to run a gallon through the 5gal pot pretty much daily. Once in a while I skip a day to stress her a little bit.

1 Like

@MattyBear

Y, it’s a bit of a mystery to be honest, clearly I have had a build up but 20% run off should have been enough. They look healthy though, no obvious defs, in fact they are a really deep green (like Holly) so they must have plenty of N.

Meh, tomorrow they get A, B & Overdrive. They should be done in 3-4 weeks, let’s see what happens

1 Like

Have you cut out N yet? With only 3-4 weeks left you should be done or using very little nitrogen. That may help bring your numbers down a little.

I’m following the AN feeding scheme… let me go find the bottles and get the numbers…

I agree, they do look good so you could just ride it out. Make sure you give straight water the last week or 2.