ILGM Gelato SCROG 1st try!

Do you have a rule of thumb to decide which leaves can go? @Myfriendis410

1 Like

I look the plant over and try to create ‘tunnels’ through the plant where air and light can penetrate. I also bias toward removing lower leaves before any upper ones. If you haven’t supercropped yet; now’s the time. That is a good yield improving technique and done right strengthens the plant.

3 Likes

I futz with mine too! :grin:

3 Likes

Just over listening here…I’ve never foxed with super cropping - do you have a link to a good tutorial? I get the concept but when is the proper time to do it?

Just do it behind closed doors and wash your hands when done LMAO!

I know you like a good SCROG growmie!

3 Likes

I did some supercropping in the way that Jorge Cervantes called “plant chiropractic”. I broke the inner fibers of most of the stems but I did not bend them in a different direction

1 Like

If you do that you spread the footprint of the plant out. I always supercrop.

3 Likes

I tried to do some defoliation, I’m in week 2 since the flip to 12/12. I can’t decide if I should keep going or not? :thinking:

@HappyHydroGrower @Allinherhead @Calizona @CMichGrower @Deez @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Looking really good if you ask me!

3 Likes

I agree. Nothing wrong with stopping there and doing more in a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

If plant is still pliant; do some more supercropping, or LST with ties to open plant up before any more leaf removal. I agree with the above.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 if I do supercropping in week 2 after the switch to 12/12, will each node still have time to stretch up?

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower @CMichGrower @Calizona @Myfriendis410 @Fergus

Do I try to super crop as many branches as I can? Or just the tallest ones to even out the canopy?

4 Likes

I’ve never tried the supercrop but I’m trying to learn the ins and outs. I would like to try at some point

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 I tried my best at super cropping and I used some plant training clips to hold them down. :slight_smile: I hope I did ok…

@Calizona @Deez @Allinherhead @CMichGrower @HappyHydroGrower

5 Likes

Nice, I have a bag of those bends but hadn’t used yet.

1 Like

Looks good. Im just learning too but I bend everything. All my colas are scared up lol.

2 Likes

Just took this shot for you.

See how fat the knuckle grows and becomes a super highway for nutrients and can hold up bigger colas.

3 Likes

Looks great. :+1:t2: I bend, crop, and pinch though 2-3 weeks. After that they start to get too stiff to do much with.
I think every strain is different in how they stretch. I had a WW that didn’t stretch much but a PK and this SD went crazy after the second week going straight up.
:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Happy cake day @HappyHydroGrower
So true. I have left some a bit later than that and some strains are very hard to bruise and bend. Lots to learn.

2 Likes