ILGM GDP(f) Fox Farms grow - Happy Frog vs Lucky Dog

Trust me - not arguing. I need to know if I need to water differently. I already noted the weight and perlite difference, but here’s side by side. To me it looked and felt like the left (lucky dog) was just more refined, no big chunks, but not as much dust either. It didn’t compact too bad when dry. Not sure how it will settle when I soak the first time, but in the slurry test, the FFLD immediately absorbed and ‘melded’ with the added water, the FFHF and FFOF both required a good stir and shake.

So I think that yes, it is peat and perlite based, but I think the Happy frog is too, but with some other mulch added.

1 Like

Just read the bag.

Exactly the same ingredients except for the 'aged forest products" - different mulch…

@Daddy - my next grow.

1 Like

Very timely. I was actually up late last night looking up info on the FF K9 cube, as I’m starting to plan soils for an upcoming grow myself.

Set to watching. Best of luck sir!

And Happy BDay it appears as well!!

1 Like

Im here and set to stalking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Set to watching. Thanks for the tag

1 Like

Happy Birthday :balloon::confetti_ball::birthday::gift::tada:

1 Like

Had to add the humidifier to the set-up. With the exhaust fan going it’s keeping it at about 65% on the lowest setting. Just need to find an extension cord so I can run it off the timer.

1 Like

Are you sure you need an exhaust fan for now? I was running the 260W at 90W in the same tent and had no exhaust running at all. Just the inside oscillating USB fan you recommended. My temps were fine. I suppose it’s all about your temp, but seedlings like heat and humidity, which means a stale and no movement environment should work just fine for the early stages.

You’re probably just wasting electricity and stripping necessary moisture and then re-introducing moisture…

Again, just tossing out ideas here, you know your situation and environment best.

By the way, I think those 3 gallon pots are the perfect size for the tent assuming you want to grow 2 plants. If you want a single, the 5 gallon works. Vida is cramped already and Aurora is pushing her out of the way.

1 Like

I don’t know if I NEED it, but I don’t even have an oscillating fan set up yet and so far (one whole day :wink: ) they seem to be liking it. Setting the fan up tomorrow, then I’ll see.

But - having a consistent air exchange is not a bad thing if I can keep the humidity up. I thought about the 2l bottle dome thing, but I want to toughen these girls up! :wink: and I can’t remotely monitor the humidity if they are domed - and they don’t get airflow at all.

There are definitely a hundred ways to the same destination. So by all means, we all need to do what works for us.

2 Likes

These will be heading for the closet after harvest in less than 2 weeks (16th-ish) unless this climate is working awesome - no hurry.

After checking it out with 2 plants I’ll see about running 3 at a time.

Oooooh, and if the veg-tent is already ‘climate-stable’ I can use it for clones as well as getting the next seeds ready :slight_smile:

I love my job!

I got those 1 gallon pots to try clones in when I top them.

Oh - my other oscillating fan is in the drying closet :wink: Tomorrow they should be dry enough that just hanging in the cedar closet will be fine,

Can’t wait to be in your position. Harvest and a bday! Here are my superskunk. One week from the flip.

I’m stripping all the lower bullshit tomorrow. They’re a little wild

1 Like

I’d wait a week or so after topping before flipping. I topped one and flipped about 5 days later. It split into two, and neither of those tops amounted to anything. Let them stretch some or skip it :wink:

after 3 days drying

1 Like

What ever I’m doing in the tent, the girls like it. Humidity is staying mid to high 60’s and the temp 73-76. I think the extra moisture from the humidifier mist probably helps at this stage.

Oh, the green eyelets is the Happy Frog :wink:

1 Like