ILGM GDP Auto Grow attempt # 1

@Docnraq hey bud came across your posts today looks great. Wife and I are a couple weeks behind you. We’re growing GDP Auto’s as well and went from sprout to soil on March 6th. Started with some cheap Amazon lights and been working out the kinks as we grow. Now up to HLG 600r lamp with 8” AC infinity controllers and fans in our 4x4 tent. We also discovered the training clips and agree they are great. Started training a little late and I think we stressed them as leaves starting to sag so stopping where we are and just going to let them go. Like you been using FFOF and the nutrient trio. We just hit 6 weeks old today and haven’t needed to feed nutrients until today. Good luck with your grow and keep up the updates as we will be following your progress :+1:t2:

1 Like

Lookin very fine! I thought about going with HLG but they are kinda steep in price for essentially the same light I can get from like mars-hydro or spider farmer for a bit less. I would have like to have bought Made in the U.S.A though. Next time… Your plants look amazing! Very bushy and ready to GIVE LOVE! I wish I had started with the LST clips, pipe cleaners were a huge pain in de rear. Those clips give you a lil two for one when it comes to training. They give you control over which top is receiving the directives to grow by bending others bellow the shortest one and then also by causing micro abrasions and tears in the cells of the stem causing them to repair, strengthen and widen allowing for considerable ability to supply buds with energy and nutrient from the root. I ordered 3 sizes, one is red like yours for teenage plants, also some that are smaller but have a 3 inch extender attachment in case you need to drag out the curve and then some super tiny ones for early training. Love em! I’m gonna follow this post up with an update got some great pics to put up. So much purple! Looking forward to watching your grow progress!

1 Like

Update- Some sad news off the hop: I have an outbreak of leaf miners or black springtail.

3 of my 5 ladies have them. This in itself not so bad BUT, due to what I will kindly call negligence, I have not received a paycheck in 5 weeks so I cannot go and buy any insecticide until Wednesday or even Thursday this week. For those just starting out, do yourselves a favor and pick up some safer catapiller killer or the like B4 you start your grow so it is on hand when you want it. It has been very distressing not being able to take action IMMEDIATELY to help my ladies be well.

Next I have some foliage that is discoloring and looking like I may have a deficiency or toxicity of some kind? I discovered them the same day as I found the springtails so I don’t know if they are related @Covertgrower thoughts? Your kinda my go to, so thanks before and thanks again for your help. Here’s a few images of what I’m talking about.

That’s all the bad so now onto the good.
My tent is full off awesomeness!

It smells so good inside that my mouth begins to water when I open it up for morning checks. The shot above is from 2 days ago and all the rest to come are about 6 days old. My ol’ lady did some glamour shots while I was cleaning out the inside of the tent and doing a mini-flush on all the pots. Enjoy! lastly is a micro shot of Ivy she is my dwarf and farthest along

1 Like

“Some species eat plant roots or nibble on tender young plants, occasionally damaging potted or greenhouse plants. In most cases, however, springtails benefit plants; for example, certain species help spread beneficial fungi on plant roots.”

So I copied and pasted. Doesn’t sound like it’s too common they’re chewing on your roots.
Looks like a possible early phosphorus deficiency, calcium possibly.
Just keep feeding them thirsty girls… They’ll treat you right.
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks for the wisdom, encouragement, and the peace of mind.

2 Likes

Dude sorry to hear about the issues. I hope they are recovering well.

1 Like

Eh, they will. To be honest, it’s my own fault for not being prepared. Today, for example, I have to do a second watering without nutes because my PH up won’t be here till Sat. I should have ordered the gallon size from the get go, which is what I recommend to any newbies reading this journal, you WILL need the gallon size.
Here’s a photo from last night

By my calculations Ivy will be finished on or around the 10th of May, and her sisters about a week after that. Gonna start the nute deprivation (flush) around the 30th for Ivy and then 1 addtl feeding for everyone else after that then flush as well .Ive read lotsa argument about if this is good or not and both sides make valid points. The majority of those I follow and trust do this at the end of the grow so I will follow that. Sooooooo looking forward to harvest.

3 Likes

@KikiGee @Covertgrower since I have missed a couple regular feedings should I increase the amount of nutes in the next feeding to compensate? Like a dose and a half per gallon or just continue on as normal? Thanks for taking the time.

You never want to increase a dose to catch up. I would do a quarter dose and work up to half. I know with the General Hydroponics Flora line my autos never could take more than a quarter to a half. But the Emerald Harvest they could go a half dose each feeding and no signs of leaf tip burn. Then toward the end I just did filtered water and kept giving the bud boosters King Kola and HoneyChome…all that said, I would do a quarter and see how they do. Great job!

1 Like

I’ve been feeding them full dose nutes since week 5. Should I give them their usual or do I want to reduce it because they have gone a week without nutes?

1 Like

Thank you

They look really good and blowing up the photo you see zero leaf burn. If you think you are around May 10th on harvest, plan backwards about a week on flushing, that gives you around 18 days for nutrients. At this point you are not building leaves and want the nutrients to go to your buds. I would look at your bud builders from this point on. Half nutes should be enough. It is way easier to increase nutrients and an overload at this point may well drive it into the bud rather than the leaf. Just my guess.

1 Like

It’s okay to skip a feeding or two. Just give full dosage as usual next time.

1 Like

Most helpful thank you

Appreciated

Update- Went to the Tucson rock and gem show over the weekend. It was very quiet out there. Got back Saturday to my brand new Apera PH Meter, and, a gallon of PH up. Way nice to use, smiley face tells you the meter is done reading (stopped fluctuating). Super easy to calibrate and comes with a nice storage case and small supply of storing solution and the like. Very nice. I saw a sales video where they beat the heck out of it and it worked great after. Kinda nice to not be afraid to break it so much. Got some stones and a few crystals for my next grow at the show, all in all a great lil mini vacation.

The girls looked a lil ruff, they had basically begun to feed on themselves a lil bit, which is ok, they just aren’t as pretty as they were. I fed them, then we trimmed off some of the discolored leaves and gave em a final trim to ensure good airflow through the structure of the plant.

They look happy, Don’t you think?

Ivy, looken scrumptious and close to finished. I likely will not feed them again. I sway back and forth in my mind but I will try not to decide till later this coming week.
On a personal note,
Picked up a puffco pro on 420. It’s pretty darn good rig. I also have a peak I bought Cple 420’s ago. The pro is a much improved design. Check one out if you get the chance. More in a few days.

1 Like

Update couple microscope shots of Ivy here:

Looking very nice, quite clear still (except for those beautiful purple ones) think I’m pretty close on my expected harvest window. (10th of next month.
Here is a couple microscope on Hazel: also still clear. Hazels buds are purple through and through, others it looks laced but not Hazel. And the smell, OMFG so good.

2 Likes

Update- Begining final flush the last nutes were 3 days ago. Next watering will do a mini flush to clean up the soil, probably again at the watering after that. Got some great pics ill share. Seeing some of the older fan leaves begin to yellow, assuming it’s just showing signs of impending harvest. Pretty excited. More in a few days.

Hazel is the purplest of my girls.

Ophelia is the greenest (her buds I mean)

I cannot even begin to tell you how good they smell.

8 Likes

Those look amazing! I am going to start my GDP auto to soak today. I am always excited to get another crop going. You did a great job!

1 Like

Thank you! We could not be more pleased with ongoing outcome of our first grow. I wish I could clone Hazel, I would love to have a few lbs of her purple goodness! I dropped 4 seeds of ILGM Bruce Banner auto’s last night, getting a start on my next grow.

2 Likes