ILGM Critical Mass Photoperiod

That is incredible! I can’ wait!

I think the reason I am smelling this crop sooner is that I am using a different inline fan that regulates according to temp and humidity. The previous system was running full blast the entire time.

1 Like

That makes sense it does have a distinctive smell. Yes,the buds are huge and sticky.I will definitely griw this again.

1 Like

@Budz420

@Weedlover1 were your fan leaves huge? These are. I started tucking them down.

I am out of town today but need to get the net in ASAP and review pruning. Also, I am looking at undersink water filters. It is taking a ton of ph down to get the ph right with my well water. I can’t remember exact number of ph of well water but in the 8s. The choices for undersink filters are mind boggling. We can’t do a whole house filter, of which would be nice, as we use our well water outside for yard, garden, etc. and as nice as that would be who can afford the replacement filters?

All plants doing well. Time to add a little fan for air flow. No s/s of yellowing tips from too much nutes. No s/s of cal mag deficiency, which had plagued other grows. The little Lemon Haze auto seedlings are looking good and holding their own.

Lesson learned from other two grows: there is NO need to fill the entire reservoir with water. Just what they will need until I drain and clean it weekly. And something I didn’t do the first two grows was ever drain and clean the reservoir. Just love these little insights as I rock along.

Not just a whole lot going on with the grow at this point. The plant yoyos were lost in the mail. So another wait to get them. Anyone miss the pony express?

2 Likes

Looking good!
It is definitely a buzz to learn from mistakes and see the benefits!

2 Likes

Yes the fan leaves are huge,as are the budsYou’ll need those yo yos.Great looking plants you’re doing well

1 Like

Since Amazon appears to have totally lost my yoyo order starting over. How many should I get per plant?

1 Like

You almost need 1 for every large cola,the one I just cut had 24 because I topped it twice and SCROG ed it.Even the smaller ones broke branches.I bought two packages of 12 and used them all on 2 plants.Some I just let fall over and Supercrop themselves.These plants are a beast.I bottled up 9 oz. this morning off one in my other tent.Plants are only 3 feet tall.

1 Like

@Budz420 @Weedlover1

I am a bit ‘asceerd’ here. Starting to get nervous about these beasties! :laughing:

Okay, in my nerdy never ending quest of failing to read correctly, I learned some lessons that I missed last two grows. Whilst refilling and giving the Emerald Harvest nutes I noted on the chart, in somewhat fine print to not give Cal Mag and Sturdy Stalk (silica stuff) at same watering. I did that the last two grows all through. I am sure if EH says not to, that the General Hydroponics Cali Magic and the Simply Silicia I used probably should not have been mixed. :dizzy_face:

Pruning. Bwaa haaa ha! Did I ever not get it right the first grow. (Autos second grow so no pruning). I tried to save every little branch and just trimmed leaves, and ended up with big buds on top and little fluffy buds lower. Watched closely video of pruning and realized the error of my ways. So yesterday, at the best of my ability, I pruned them. I hope I am on the right track.

Banana Hammock: I do not know what to think about this plant. It is a bagseed so a total crap shoot. And the way I feel and the way it is going this may well be the last bagseed I experiment with. I think I prefer buying seeds now with a good idea of what they should actually be. But I am wondering, is it so leggy because of stretch? What exactly did this plant originate from: a hermie? A BH male, or who knows what? I am sort of toying with just removing it to give Critical Mass more room. Oh, and I accidentally broke the main stem last night, it may end up a supercrop. It did break the outer layer of stem but I slapped some manuka honey on it and coban wrap. It doesn’t look too bad this morning.

So question: if this was you plant, would you ditch it keep going? I am all about efficiency and if something is just not going to produce much, I have no problem benching it.

Lemon Haze: this little auto is just moving along. I put a little fan in there yesterday on the poles, came back later and it had fallen and was laying over one of them, turning away. By some miracle it did not damage the plant.

Huge lesson this round on lighting: not sure how I missed this, but on grow 1 and 2, within a day of the new seedlings being put in tent I would start cranking the light up to 100% in like four days. How on earth my plants ever managed to make decent weed to enjoy is beyond me as I can see I must have been scorching the heck out of them. I now know what to do. Slowly working up to 75% now.

Some before and after:

3 Likes

If a plant is healthy and looks like a decent yielder,I would keep it,but thats just me.The trimming of excess leaves and proper air flow are important with the Critical Mass as it grows so thick.Your plants are looking great!

1 Like

Thank you. I thought I waited too late to prune as life got busy and I couldn’t get to them, but the timing was right where it needed to be.

I don’t think the BH is going to be a very big yielder, but it was a super nice strain we picked up in Trinidad and never saw again. My Grape Ape bagseed I planted first grow with the ILGM seeds came out to be exactly as Grape Ape described in all the publications as far as looks and effects. It smells like a grape Jolly Rancher. It won’t hurt to let it rock along further, see how it does when I flip around first part of February.

1 Like

I love Jolly Ranchers!

1 Like

I am not sure on placement. I can still rearrange them. I think I need to go ahead and take out the little heater with water tray this weekend. I need it fo my mushroom experiment. :sunglasses:

Tent is 5x5

2 Likes

They are all looking very healthy! A good strain mix - would be a shame to lose the BH. It looks like she is much leggier. Have you thought about placing her at a corner and stitching her down the edge of the net? That way you wouldn’t be penalised for her height over the rest… That way you might be able to maximise the weaker growth rate and use the height to your advantage?

Just a thought - that is going to be a tasty and very thick canopy. :face_with_monocle: :sunglasses: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That is my plan. I need that main stem to heal a bit before touching it again. I still think it will be worth working with BH if no other reason that to hone some skills with these plants. But even a little of good bud from it will be worth it, if indeed it is a pure BH. The cool thing is that with two lights now, and the smaller one over the BH area I can adjust lights accordingly and still have the CM covered. Fun times here!

1 Like

@Weedlover1 @Budz420

Not a whole lot going on now. Plan to flip around 2/2 as it will 30 days since I FIMMed them and looking at BH i may have FIM the FIM. :rofl:

They smell amazing already. Saw tiny bit of nute yellowing on a tip so this week’s watering was just well water. PH on well water is around 7.5 when i start so it is taking a whole lot more pH down that I used with distilled. I do keep distilled on hand for use if needed.

Loving the new tent! Still working on exact placement. Having a hard time getting yoyos so most likely will just use long plant velcro strips to hold them up as I can adjust as they grow.

3 Likes

@Weedlover1 @Budz420

Am I looking at a potential problem here? Or is this just newer growth? You can see a tip with yellowing so I did nothing but well water this week in the reservoir with an add of distilled once to bring level up as I didn’t have time to spend 20 minutes fixing the well water pH at that moment but didn’t want to leave them with not enough water. I have used the silica when I over used pH down to bring it back up but I make sure the valve is closed and everything set before I let it flow. PPM is around 345, which I think is right where I need to be at the moment. PH of our well water is running in upper 7s. Still need a water filter.

Btw, doing some search online on whether this may be a ph issue, not enough of something or too much of something, and a PPM thing. Fun times with the grow!

My husband suggested we get or make a sign to hang above tent doors that says “Bare Naked Ladies” :rofl:

Edited: looking close I am wondering if this a sign of too much nitrogren? Would have thought more yellow tips first though. Then closer look not enough?

2 Likes

It looks like a tiny bit of nute burn probably nitrogen, but let’s tag @kellydans for his opinion. If it is its nothing to worry about.I almost always get a little burn myself, it’ll grow right through it.

2 Likes

I think your plants look great ! very Manimal burn on the tips. I get that every grow. I would adjust well water PH down to Sweet spot 6.5 ph before using. Keep up the good work :+1::v:

2 Likes

@Weedlover1 @kell

Thanks for the input! I will start doing the ph that way. I had initially, then I read to add nutes prior to pHing the H2O.

It is so exciting to be this close to flipping!

Edited: I try and keep pH around 5.86 to 6. Is that too low?

2 Likes

The ideal p.h. is 6.2-6.5

2 Likes