ILGM bud of the month chat room 2018

Yeah - I think most people would, but I like the other one better because it shows the color of the bud better - and in person that’s how it looks to me - even more purple to the naked eye. The overall plant looks almost pink.

1 Like

That’s something we were just talking about. I’m gonna have to run one of the “purples”. The idea of manipulating PH to cause a color is intriguing too.

2 Likes

I gave a buddy a few clones from my Girl Scout Cookies Extreme and he sent me this picture. I believe It was the colder weather outside at the time that caused the purple color as mine indoors were more red.

8 Likes

I believe @TDubWilly’s expressed purple on his last grow, and that he intentionally ran it as cold as he could get it and also ran the PH higher than normal.

Myself, for the BBA, I decided when I started her final flush I would set the PH to 5.8 and then wherever it went, I’d just let it go… it got down to 4.03 at one point.

3 Likes

Oh boy! I just sprouted a GSC-X!

4 Likes

@Covertgrower @NTMAREMACH I’m hoping that I can fix it to vote is final and can’t see who votes for who I’m just glad that Latewood came up with the bud of the month and the gang at Ilgm allow a cool contest like this just trying to make it work for everyone :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for being awesome and improving the system @Hogmaster we appreciate everything you do.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower It’s a team effort buddy Latewoods creation just happy to help I’m just a grunt but love it :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, I appreciate @latewood and all the other mods and mentors on the site. @Hogmaster. :grin: it’s a FORUM effort when it comes to growing!

2 Likes

Just remember you can’t please everyone. You’re doing a great job and we all appreciate it. I do think this system can work with a few tweaks. If you can leave out the option of being able see the voting results until you have voted would help. I guess campaigning for votes through other area’s of the forum should be up to the individual since there’s no rules against it. That would even draw more attention to the thread. Anyway I love competing and will do so as long as I can. I am only one win away like a few others to join @Oldstoner in the BOM HOF.

6 Likes

Yes that’s a fact @NTMAREMACH, you can please some but will never please all…fact of life…please the masses…

3 Likes

This is tacky and makes the whole process that much worse. If we all did that this place would become a sh**show. Spamming is against forum rules.

2 Likes

I went over this in my head for quite a while about campaigning. I looked through all the past BOM months before making that statement above.I tried to find anything stating no campaigning but couldn’t find anything. I myself will not campaign and have never voted for myself. I feel campaigning will make someone vote for someone they wouldn’t of voted for or the person wouldn’t of even voted. I guess until the rules are made clearer on is campaigning spamming it’s still up to the individual.

No matter how ilgm sets up this bom contest someone is not gonna like it, and no matter how it’s done people, some people are gonna vote for someone they like, and even though this is a cyber friend space and 98% of us have never met we still have our favorite people we talk to more than others, it’s not wrong it’s human nature, it’s a game, nothing more, 5 seeds? That’s a nice door prize but nowhere near enough to lose a cyber friend over…I like the poll where no one see’'s who is voting for who, some dont…it’s just a way for us to show off our hard work and nothing more…as long as we have the wind in our face and the sun on our backs we should be grateful we can grow

8 Likes

Well, this is an interesting point. I have seen people post saying they have an entry in the BOM contest and that someone should check it out - I haven’t seen someone actively asking people to vote for them… but I admit unless it has a picture of a cannabis plant in it I tend to gloss over it. :smiley:

I do think it should be okay for people to direct others to the BOM thread to vote - the more people that partcipate in it, the fairer it will be over all.

We have to keep in mind that all of us have subjectivity when it comes to voting on something like the Bud of the Month. The two different pictures of the same bud I posted above are a good example - myfriendis410 says he likes the pic with the flash on better, and I like the other one better.

Anyway of course there will be people who vote for someone because that someone is their friend on the forum, or has helped them out a lot in the past - whatever the reason. And of course there will be people who vote because it’s their favorite strain, and people who vote a certain way because it’s Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

The previous system gave you the opportunity to vote one time, in public, for all to see. If you wanted to change your vote, you had to do that in public, for all to see. While the data was obfuscated by the format, all the data was there. This new system merely puts that data in an easy to digest format. :slight_smile:

An ideal system would be a forum thread that only has the BOM entries in it. But the entries should be anonymous to the voters, so we don’t know which bud belongs to who (absent the user posting it somewhere else, of course), and votes should be tallied and the results not revealed until voting has ended, so that vote tallies don’t sway any opinions prior to the conclusion of the contest.

It looks to me like the poll system doesn’t let you determine if the current tallies can be visible or not - it looks like they are always visible. Maybe the mods have more controls than we do.

4 Likes

I was checking PH right at lights out today, and snapped a couple pics after the lights turned off - but without my flash, so just the basement lighting for light… unfortunately the low light makes it hard for the phone to focus, and I was too lazy to turn the fans off. However, here you can see what the plant looks like to me in person:

That’s also the same bud as the other two I posted before. :smiley:

4 Likes

Great picture and color. I like the first one from above because of the color but the second picture brings out the bud more.

1 Like

See, I thought to myself after I took it that the flash one would be a better candidate for the BOM contest - that it is more in-line with the kinds of pics people tend to vote for. But I just like the colorful one more myself, so that’s the one I posted… I guess my priorities are off. lol

You can always post the second pic. next month if you don’t win. I’ll vote for you.lol

2 Likes

That is my plan. Haha!

2 Likes