ILGM bud of the month chat room 2018

The taste of the original Acapulco gold is to this day one of my favorite flavors . To bad that strain is so rare it’s like finding a undiscovered DaVinci. I have asked

3 Likes

If you find a source @Oldstoner hint at it. I’ve recently taken interest in landrace strains. I would love to order a few. I’ve ordered Afghan as a start. Durban poison isn’t a pure strain, but it’s close.

2 Likes

Well done to the two finalists. Both have stunning buds. The two strains I miss from my childhood is purple haze(original strain) of course and Malawi cob. Has anyone else had Malawi cob?

1 Like

I’ve seen a few dispensaries around here that carry Acapulco Gold from time to time. It’s awesome stuff!

1 Like

Thanks @MattyBear Barney’s farm has “their version” of it. Which is hybrids bred back to what should’ve been left alone. I’m still on the hunt for some seeds acupolco. Supposedly it’s only available in clone form. Durban Poison is another that I’ll probably grab. (Which is still technically a hybrid) I think a new thread is needed about landrace strains discussion.

4 Likes

@Covertgrower the original Durban poison is still available in south africa just saying.

2 Likes

i think i’m going blind…does anyone know where the may 18’ BOM thread is?

1 Like
2 Likes

thank you @Budbrother

1 Like

What is the upside to being inducted into ilgm HOF? Forced retirement. Yeah, they also got 15 seeds in the process. I promise you, most of us don’t do it for the seeds. No, It’s a passion that we all share together here.

To me, it just sounds like a hollow badge of victory for our champs. You gotta feel great, yet at the same time, a bit disappointed that it’s now over for you as well… Hey Congratulations, great job, aaaannnd ok, we’re over it now; thanks for playing. Make sure to vote next month.

I propose that the retirees should be held in high regard. Could any future ties be decided upon by @Oldstoner for now, since he’s our first HOF winner?
Trust as a reward. Doesn’t this sound/feel better to you?
Now there is an actual incentive to be proud of, right. It would also end the possibility of any future ties.

Democracy works! As the honored list of retirees grows, a ilgm Champions panel could be formed. Any and all final BOM decisions, rule changes, or other issues to arise would be in the retirees hands.

Most of us will have voted for these winners. I think, in this matter, we can give them our trust. Even if that occasionally means they get that extra tie breaking vote. They have won that right, IMO.

Eventually, this Championship Panel would have enough members that a separate annual competition could be born out of it. No seeds as a reward in this competition. Nothing to physically receive. This would be a title fight. Only these best of the best, competing for a full year of bragging rights. Alright, maybe the winner should get something else. How about the outside cover of the calendar? So then :boom: BOOM :boom: 12 months of buds plus the yearly cover.

Hell, I’ve put hours of thought into this post. I’ve tried to cover all the sharp angles I felt could poke through with the contest, yet it still mostly stays true to the established rules and general spirit of the current competition.

This just feels a lil bit more like retirement should be viewed. It’s not all over for you; this is only the next step to a new and different adventure. All of your hard work has paid off, and now you get to go on to the next step in a layered competition. The coveted yearly calendar cover. No win limits ever placed on that. Nobody’s spot inside get taken away. Retirement affords you the next 11 months to grow “the one.”

Well fellow members, let’s start, what could be a lively discussion.

4 Likes

I agree 100% @Budbrother…it’s a bitter sweet moment for sure…should be more to look forward to than looking in from the outside…

3 Likes

And here I have always thought that I would love to grow like some of you guy’s. I think yall don’t really understand how much I owe back to the forum . Hell I am the perfect example of exactly what is great about this forum … I placed my first order August 2016 and knew absolutely nothing about plants growing, gardening, nothing . The forum quit literally held my hand through all my first grow and by just listening my very first seed won a bom contest. I honestly don’t think I would have made it past my first attempt (which would have failed ) if not for the people here . And @Budbrother thanks for the props but I have to pass them along because I owe those props to the help I leaned so heavily upon . The one thing I have ALWAYS thought would be a very cool extra for winners is a special badge like a gold star from the teacher 1 win gold , 2 wins a diamond and I am not sure what retirement should get possibly a rocking chair emogee . But a badge like the status of member or regular would be cool . But I am fully in my 2nd childhood and that could be silly to the rest of you guy’s. Not sure if I would be comfortable with being asked to break a tie . To be 100% honest I am not completely sure that if the choice came to a bud that was posted by someone who had been a great deal of help to me in my grows and one who hadn’t. That might weigh in on my decision . I would hope not but in a 50 50 hard to decide choice I know me and that would probably make the difference . Which would make it not a impartial contest . Sorry to disappoint believe me to admit that disappoints me in myself also . But a badge would be cool

12 Likes

Definitely a badge is needed for the accomplishment.

2 Likes

Well said @Oldstoner, I won the first two times entering the contest and didn’t want to lose the thrill of competing so now I’m only submitting losing entries. lol
A badge is what I’d like to see for BOM HOF Retires.
If the time comes where I do win my third time you can bet I’ll still be posting my bud entries here for viewing.

4 Likes

I might actually have something to enter this month! I have one on the vine that’s a couple weeks away. Not sure I have any BotM quality buds but I’ll keep searching and hoping until her demise.

8 Likes

It’s a little early but here is a future BOM contestant. lol
Chemdawg

15 Likes

@Oldstoner I came up with it to help us with the voting the bigger it gets hope it works out

3 Likes

Even now it gets confusing when it gets bigger it will cause a stroke . This is a great idea

1 Like

Thanks buddy I talked it over with Latewood and got the go hope everybody can dig

1 Like

Such a simple idea everyone ran right past it . This will allow people to follow along easier also . Yep I am definitely a fan of the new method .