ILGM bud of the month chat room 2018

:wink: and thats how you should vote imo @jmlove123
Vote for the bud that catches your eye we all have different tastes and that what makes the contest interesting
And in the end we share our hobby with other who appreciate it win win

10 Likes

My problem with voting is I change my mind to many times.lol When you have so many people killing it and post those huge cola’s it ends up being who took the best picture. I’ve won with a small bud once as I thought this was just for the bud of the month not largest, nicest looking cola of the month.
Maybe a change in the title? BCOM Bud, Cola of the Month. Not plant of the Month though. @Countryboyjvd1971

10 Likes

I agree with you 100%. For me it usually comes down to the best picture.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some pics of dried and trimmed buds either.

13 Likes

The contest is about the bud of the month. Weather that is in size, shape, or color. It goes to the best looking bud. I vote for the best lookong bud in my eye’s. I will say this though if it is more than a bud or single cola I won’t vote for it. Being this isn’t the plant of the month, but bud of the month. :v: hope everyone is having a great day

7 Likes

Now for my two cents :blush:. I love looking at all the beautiful buds and appreciate the effort put into growing the plants which produce them.
As to the voting, I look at ALL the entries and try to imagine myself growing that plant and the pride of accomplishing such a beautiful bud. Sometimes it is really hard to pick just one! Consequently, I actually write down my favorites on scraps of paper, place in a box, shake it, close my eyes and grab my vote :grimacing:.
Consequently, my “friendships” have no bearing on the vote and it’s about as neutral as I can get. Furthermore, as a former hobby photographer (& have competed) I don’t focus on the quality of the photos as this IS NOT a photo competition.
Folks, it’s just a FUN competition to showcase & to promote ILGM seeds which in turn awards the winners with free seeds. FYI other forums do the same or similar contests and rewards.
So just have fun and don’t take it so seriously & enjoy :wink:
Lastly, I’m more than willing to send anyone who wants them, FREE WW hermied seeds :rofl:

19 Likes

Just my thoughts on BOM

3 Likes

Thanks for posting it here. @DoomSack

3 Likes

I agree completely. Both you and @SmoknGranny hit it on the head. This contest is supposed to be fun and add to the “community” which it does quite well. Whenever human beings are involved there will be some kind of favoritism. Did I have the best bud in February? Arguably not but I won. I think tdubwilly had the best looking technically competent grow with his Sour Diesel (I think) in late flower with all of the deficiencies showing. To me that showed competence and I voted for it. I happen to like his posts and follow his grow but I voted for ntmaremch the month before.

But I’d vote for @SmoknGranny just because I love her lol!

11 Likes

Ill bring it up to Latewood @NTMAREMACH maybe a rule change is in order
It does come down to picture quality as well imo
Glad you posted that here @DoomSack

1 Like

One of the first stains I purchased through ILGM when I firsts joined was Chronic Widow so I wasn’t able to enter the BOM contest until that plant matured enough to get some decent pictures. I was fairly new to the site and really didn’t know anyone. I was amazed at winning the first time entering so I believed I won because I deserved it not because i was famous or anything. I wasn’t able to enter again the next month with another stain I was growing and waited until I could according to the rules. I won that month with the Gold Leaf which was a small bud but again I didn’t think I won because I’m famous. Now I’m almost famous (according to me} and looking forward to being in the Hall of Fame and I can’t win. lol This doesn’t bother me as I can continue to enter this contest until I do enter that HOF however long that will take, just remember I’m not a kid anymore. I don’t enter the BOM contest just for the free seeds, I enjoy the competition and looking at all the great buds and cola’s that the members here can produce. You can expect to see some Banana Kush or Chemdog coming in the future as I’ll be starting some soon.

14 Likes

Awww that’s so sweet and you really made my day :hugs: I love :two_hearts: you too my friend!

7 Likes

FYI on my “bucket list” is to some day, some how to actually meet in person with all of the wonderful folks here. WARNING :warning: I truly am a “hugger”, but I don’t pinch cheeks :grimacing:

18 Likes

That would be sooooooo nice.

4 Likes

Yea for me I enlarge the bud pics and look really close to whats going on with the Bud,yea can sometime tell somethings that has went on with the grow life of a bud whether it be leaf burn or disoriented or what have you,by having the biggest bud isn’t the number one factor there’s a lot more that takes place if yea really look and I have made a judgment call before that i would take back now but its hard to choose with all the awesome buds on stage,lol,Even to look at a bud and knowing the strain that the bud is from makes a big difference in judging because some strains just don’t get big but they do other wonderful things to consider like the glistering of trichones versus the big nugget,just my thoughts on trying to be a better fairness to my judging

5 Likes

What a great idea a chat room so we don’t clutter up the BOM. thread . I have a question for the group . Has anyone ever tried a strain called Platinum O.G. and which strain in the store would be the closest to that . I tried some and would love to find a close cousin since I don’t trust other seed banks that sell it.

4 Likes

Okay for all the guy’s that have lost or deleted their order # they are all on your account info page with what was in the order so now all those lost numbers can be recovered with no hassle

6 Likes

@Buzzardhicks nice bud bro

2 Likes

I have always voted by which one ( if given a choice) that I would take to smoke . Admittedly once was because the strain was a favorite that I hadn’t smoked in a while that made my mouth water

5 Likes

Just got through looking at entries this month.
Wow, my friends simply beautiful buds that may take several days of scrolling to decide which one i would like to smoke first!
Great job to each & everyone. Each has a winning bud.

7 Likes

Here is a few more picts of my BOM entry. Order#205566. Grown organic, in supersoil,compost,pumice stone mix. 3gal container. NOTG nutrients,sl100,comp.tea, under 400watts of HPS, and 250 watts of LED. 18/6
90ish days from seed to harvest 50/50 amber-milky

15 Likes