ILGM bud of the month chat room 2018

i’m in this strictly for the music,although i get all hung up on the lyrics from time to time…
crank it up this morning @Willd !!
https://youtu.be/XsdsG8WDLos

3 Likes

Its a contest voted on by our peers thats all of you the members? If you enter and dont win you shouldn’t complain just reenter next month
Seems silly to me that your asking for free seeds not to be awarded ?
Its a very nice thing that Robert has allowed @latewood to put together to show appreciation to the members
Suggest you don’t enter if it upsets you so much
Happy growing
Great entries all :v: CB

8 Likes

I hope in a few months I’ll be able to enter from my first ever ilgm grow- blue dream seed. She’s just a little Sprout now but I’m hoping in a few months it’ll be something worth entering. Thanks for running the contest and the prizes are awesome! I really appreciate that ! I just hope someday I’m good enough to enter, let alone win. Dare to dream. Ha
Good job to everyone who entered! It’s going to be another hard month to decide. Like everyone else says I sure wish we could get samples! have a nice afternoon

6 Likes

It needs to be treated like harmless fun and an expression or celebration of what we can do!

Remember that ILGM sponsors this so we need to accommodate that. Besides: we get to see some great buds with a personal connection. It’s all good.

8 Likes

@Niala you understand exactly what I mean, sadly others don’t but is not a problem :wink:, I still believe that here we are all friends :+1:
I enjoy the forum because is a good source of information. Happy growing & be safe!

high-five

7 Likes

@Niala I understand where you’re coming from too. I think it’s a matter of the “ideal” meeting the real world. I take it in the spirit that is offered.

And it’s dialog like this that gets things done and why I like everyone here lol.

4 Likes

Now that is a great comment @Myfriendis410., :grinning::+1::ok_hand: we can have a respecful discussion and if modification is needed after a civilise conversation , fine, if not, fine too…:grinning::wink: They always a place to amelioration and improvement but sometimes it’s more of an ideal goal , nothing is set in stones, tho…

Thanks my friend :grinning: :+1: :ok_hand: :v:

4 Likes

I voted as if it was my choice to have the bud given to me . In other words , what bud would you want to keep and take home . #1 It’s got to be big #2 It has to be juicy - trichomes . #3 It has to look good . I might enter this Chronic Widow for March , unless I have a better one . lol .Thank you ILGM team .

18 Likes

Maybe I am oblivious or idealistic, but I just assumed the BOM voting was about which bud looks the best, not who submitted it. It’s certainly subjective, and maybe also flawed by a tiny bit of personal bias, but generally speaking the pictures tell the story. The times I’ve watched, the best looking buds do seem to get the bulk of the votes.

5 Likes

I respectfully and kind fully disagree. I always vote for the bud that is “the best” in my eyes, regardless of who entered it. Take last month for example, I voted for @North_East_Newbie, and we chat far less than others who entered the contest last month. All entries were beautiful and I respect anyone willing to showcase their hard work. Maybe that’s just me, but I don’t think so. Most on here vote impartiality and everyone has a different opinion on who’s bud they thought was most worthy of their vote. I would hate to see this contest go away because people are complaining about a chance at getting free seeds? Respectfully, Matt

14 Likes

I’ve been to many car shows showing my Mustang and as you walk around looking at all the other Mustangs you hope that when the voting starts that you receive enough votes to earn a trophy. To assure myself of a win I would go to all the Mustang entries and tell them that if they voted for me I would vote for them. lol
I am kidding as to walking around trying to buy votes but this type of stuff does go on. I don’t think any of that stuff is going on here because you can’t even private message anyone begging or I would of done it already. The competition is getting really tough as more and more new members join and are killing it. In Feb BOM it just so happens that I voted for the same person who voted for me because I thought they deserved it.
You should of seen what it cost me to get here. lol

10 Likes

@MattyBear, I think that’s what I was saying; looks like you were responding to me but maybe you didn’t intend to do so. Or maybe you misunderstood my post.

3 Likes

Not necessarily at you bud. Just an overall rant. Lol. I hope you didn’t take it personally

3 Likes

Hey @MattyBear, I agree that complaining for just complaining can be destructive, however, complaining and give some suggestions is constructive :wink:

So, do not worry about the BOM contest to go away, it has solid roots and will not disapear over a complaint espacelly if it bring some suggestions and/or pist of solution to possibly, maybe enhance it :wink:

Every body have some criteria for voting, everyone. For me, I choose the 3 most beautiful buds contender (bud size, bud structure, abondance of trichomes)and if in those final one there’s one in more needs or cannot afford to buy new seeds, he/she will have my vote :wink::grinning:

Anyway I hope I did not offended you buddy, it was clearly not my intention to do so to you or anyone else.

~Al :v: :innocent:

11 Likes

Can I enter SAME bud twice?? Like I see some ppl do that, or what?

2 Likes

You can enter the same bud until it wins @beginner2d.

5 Likes

The bom contest isn’t going anywhere @NTMAREMACH @MattyBear @Niala
And constructive suggestions are welcome
Ultimately tho the rules are the rules
I will say this most of the members will vote by appearances
Using @MattyBear as a example he voted for @North_East_Newbie last tome around who had a soild entry in my case i didnt vote for NEN because it was a picture of the plant not just the main cola Which may have actually won
So suggestion folks when you take the picture use something in the pic for size reference and just show one bud
And enjoy the content like anything else it is a bit of a popularity contest as well the more people who know you the more potential votes you can get :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip CB.
Good to know for future entries.
I don’t know why there is such drama surrounding the BOM contest. This is a friendly contest that gives us an opportunity to show off the thing we all love: grown weed! Win or lose, it’s fun to see what other strains looks like and our fellow growers/friend’s success. I hope we all don’t get too petty over this and ruin the fun. What I love about this site the most (other than the outstanding knowledge I’ve gained) is the friendly, helping members that always lend some guidance or a funny story. This is a community that we all are better being a part of. Let’s not lose site of that over a few prize seeds. My rant is over. Good luck to all the entries!!!

13 Likes

Have a great day @North_East_Newbie you did a great job imo
Keep on entering and you never know the members may just suprise you folks
i agree NEN its supposed to be a friendly contest lets not loose sight of that guys and gals wnjoy the pictures and the friendships formed while discussing our favorite hobby the beans should be secondary IMHO
:v: And happy growing all

6 Likes

@North_East_Newbie and @Countryboyjvd1971 I don’t even look at the names of the people till I look at all the buds then I decide lol I entered this month knowing that my bud wasn’t going to win but just to enter cause I could. It is like I won anyways cause I was able to grow from seed to bud I didn’t kill it. Thanks for the suggestion for the picture taken countryboy.

9 Likes